1. Keep calm and …..SMILE. THEY’LL NEVER KNOW YOU ENJOYED THEIR FISH BEFORE THEM. .
2. WINTER….. disappoints me. IT IS SO COLD THAT I HAVE TO STAY INSIDE UNTIL THE AFTERNOON WHEN THE SUN MAY COME OUT. NO MORE RUNNING OUT IN THE MORNING TO GO TINKLES. THE GROUND IS FROZEN AND THE TEMPERATURE FREEZES ONE’S TINKLE. BRRR… YOU SEE WE ARE WALKING OUTSIDE AIMLESSLY TO KEEP THE COLD AWAY.
3. OREGANO….. is my ….DOWNFALL. I LOVE OREGANO AND TRY MOM’S IN THE GARDEN EVERY YEAR.Yes, oregano is a perennial.
4. In retrospect, ….I WAS A GOOD KITTY MOST OF MY LIFE SO I CAN LET MY fURS DOWN OCCASIONALLY AND BE A LITTLE BIT HELTER SKELTER.
MOL…be good this weekend my friends and we’ll see you on the flip-flop.
I have a great idea for this weeks selfie, mom. I’ll sit on your lap and snap my selfie, Easy peasy,,,you’re sleazy! What a remarkable neck I have! Tsk…my collar appears a bit on the dirty side…must’ve rolled on it too much. It needs washing, mom. *hint* *hint*
What a distinguished face. Bright blue eyes and loose hairs stuck on my nose. Maybe this was a bit too close. I have no ears either. This is not so easy after all. I look like I’m contemplating the meaning of life….like the Mona Lisa. I did a little better this time…I have one ear. I won’t try this way of doing a selfie again.
Do drop by The Cat On My Head and view your buddies or better yet pose yourself and show us how the pros do it.
Ellen from 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader have given us four sentences to fill in with the way we see things. We plan to take turns and let you know how we feel.SHOKO…..BLACK KALI……ORANGE
A law I would like to see passed is…….a law making Catnip, British Columbia’s national plant. Then give every cat here, their very own plant.Life as it is today.
2. My favorite card game is…..Go Fish…I love fishing. I f I could catch a salmon….I’d be set for life.We’re waiting patiently for the fish to drop from the sky. Mom says that the mama fish drops a whole pile of eggs and then they hatch. C’mon a whole bunch of eggs drop into the pool. We’re waiting. MOLOk Kali my turn..you go rest your paws.
3. With Summer unofficially here, …...planting the veggie garden is a must as the weather is warm so the plants will sprout ahead when the rains come.
Here I am in the pea patch last year. Such a peaceful place to sleep.
4. A favourite Summer memory is……catching mice over at the retired mechanic’s backyard. I can sleep under the vehicles. or stalk mice. His backyard is way more fun than ours.
There you have it my friends. This was cool so thanks to Ellen and Anna for this opportunity.
Yesterday was Fat Tuesday, a French Catholic tradition that celebrates debauchery before Lent begins with Ash Wednesday for Christians. The festival date varies from city to city, but most Americans base their celebration of Mardi Gras off of the famous celebration in New Orleans.Kali do you remember when mom and dad went to New Orleans? Oh ya, they had fun. So did we…MOL, Dai$y of databbiesotrouttowne was a riot. The trout she brought to the party was so delicious and big. This was the first time we tasted trout, where has it been all our life?
Mom and dad went south right after Mardi Gras two years ago.. Mom brought us back some beads that were hanging on the trees.
Mom said the houses were so colourful and the streets so pretty.
This is a circle street near the Confederate Museum. They had an Italian sandwich sitting on a park bench watching the birds.Do you get the feeling mom and dad are going away again this year? I do Shoko. Wonder where they’ll be off to this year? Mmmm…I wonder. We’ll be partaying again this year then.
What a day it was yesterday. I had such a great time with my friends. Shoko and I were MOL for hours. In fact my face hurts from smiling so much. So today is a relaxing day on the deck. Shoko’s out in the Lane looking for mice. You know, she hasn’t caught one this spring at all. Usually she’s caught 4 by now. Lost 3 and scared mom by running at her with a live mouse…MOL…owww…my face. *holds mouth with paw*
Here are Nellie of The Cats from Hell, Shoko and me singing some ancestral songs from Thailand.
♫ We are Siamese, if you please.♫
Then there was the dancing Bacon of Piglove and I were doing for about an hour. No picture here as mom was not impressed with the upturned table and the jumping on the sofa and chairs. This was totally my fault as I got right into the beat and wanted Bacon to do some break dancing. Bacon being the lovable oinker he is, obliged! That’s when mom shuffled us outside.
One totally surprising visitor was Easy of Easy Blog, all the way from France. He said he slipped onto a commercial airliner and they didn’t notice him. Mmmm? He is one big guy…they didn’t notice him? He’s a huge Weimaraner….at least to me he is. I guess he doesn’t want to discuss how he got here.
Easy and I had a deep discussion about the virtues of cotton blankies as opposed to wool.
I aso got a beautiful card from Dezi and Lexi of Dezi Worldl
Thank you Dezi and Lexi
Beatrice getting a modelling job was a real life changer for her. I am deliriously thrilled for her.
I carry many a new memory with me into my 14th. year….thank you friends.