A busy day today. We have our Friday Fill-Ins and Bloopers plus its Feline Friday so let’s get to it. Wait Tyebe. let’s introduce our hosts. Ellen of 15 and Meowingand Lorianne of Four- Legged Furballs are our hosts for Friday Fill Ins. Thank you ladies for the great sentences.
SHOKO…..INDIAN INK BLACK TYEBE…..ROYAL BLUE BUDD……GAWDY GREEN MOM…….MAROON
Now, let’s get on with it. I would like to improve my …..LOVING…. skills. I AM A TAD RESERVED AND ONLY SHARE MY LOVE WITH MOM WHEN THE LIGHTS GO OUT AT NIGHT. DON’T GET ME WRONG I LOVE MOM ALL TO BITS BUT I GET SHY WHEN PEEPS OR BUDD AND TYEBE LOOK AT ME.
2. My …..CUROSITY….. is ….ENDLESS.
No animals were hurt during this sniff fest.
3. My current to-do list includes …..STEPPING OUT ONTO THE DECK, EVERYDAY.
4. I finally ……GOT MOM TO BRUSH ME WHEN I CLIMB INTO BED WITH HER. SHE USED TO THINK I WANTED THE WHOLE BED BUT NOT SO….JUST A BRUSH THROUGH MY MASCULINE LOCKS.
This is also Pet Photo Fails. Melissa’s Mochas, Mysteries and Meows has taken over this cool hop from dearly departed friend, Roby Sweet of the Cuddlywumps Cat Chronicles. Also known as The Old SoLT by Miss C.
Mom didn’t do anything blurry that we took a picture of, Shoko. Not mom….us. Mom is my pet hooman.She’s not a pet, Tyebe. She is to me. Whatever!! I don’t think mom did too badly this time. There are the odd pictures though.
This picture is very bad. First mom cut off my ears and then I decided I didn’t want my picture taken and moved. So half my face is missing and I’m blurry. One can’t do much worse than this.
Hey, it’s time for those fantabulous fill-ins from Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader. Every Friday we get down and put words in blank spaces created by these lovely ladies. I’m prepared for this week. 1. When I am nervous, I……TEND TO BITE. MY MIND IS ALL AFLUTTER, MY EYES DART BACK AND FORTH. A SURE SIGN MY TEETH WILL BE SHOWING SOON. MY EARS ARE SWAYING LIKE TEACUPS IN A STORM.
THIS IS ME VERY UNHAPPY ABOUT WEARING A DEVIL COSTUME AT CAT SCOUTS. I WASN’T NERVOUS BUT MILDLY ANNOYED. HOWEVER, THE EXPRESSIONS OVERLAP. MOL
2. When I am angry, I…..GIVE A DIRTY, SMELLY LOOK TO ALL CONCERNED.
SEE, YA CAN’T MISS IT….I’M TICKED OFF WITH WHATEVER YOU DID.
3. Today, I know for sure…..I WANT TO BE HAPPY AND PLAY.
4. For St. Patrick’s day, I……AM GOING TO IRELAND……with Cat Scouts.
Kali, Remember when Mom read the three cat mysteries to us? Black Cat’s Legacy, Black Cat and the Lethal Lawyer, and Black Cat and the Accidental Angel? Thumper (Black Cat) from the mystery series is here today. His Amazon e-books are $3.99.
I loved those books. He solves mysteries with his ancestor’s memories?
Right. He’s come to talk to us and invite any of our friends to interview him on their blogs.
Thank you my furry friends. You both are lovely ladies. You think so? How nice of you to say but my furs seem to be sticking up this morning….I tried some spit on my paw but…..Kali, quit mewing about your furs. You’re not the boss of me!
I’m single but in a committed relationship with a Blue Russian. He is very strong so keep your paws to yourself. Kali really, do you have to be so blunt? I’m just sayin’ it like it is…no mixed messages here. Don’t mind Kali, she’s on meds that seem to make her a pushy broad.
Do you have a soul-mate? Of course you have a soul-mate….that cute little halo gal…what’s her name?
Angel. She looks a bit like you, lovely Kali, but have no fear. I’m devoted to my Angel.
Angel sounds wonderful….is she everything she’s cracked up to be or do her wings slip every now and then? She is spunky, clever and beautiful. But sometimes she is too ambitious for her own good.
Is your character based on a real life cat?
Boots was my inspiration in body and spirit. He posed for all my photos.
Boots, what a cool name….he does walk a lot in the last story, “Black Cat and the Accidental Angel.” You know the old song, “These Boots are made for Walking.” MOL Good one Shoko. Mew, mew.MOL….haha, that’s funny Shoko but I am called ‘Black Cat’ in Accidental Angel and my next mystery.
Can you tell us a bit about your next mystery, Thumper?
Oh Yes, my next book, Black Cat and the Secret of the Bells, will be published next year. It’s about a clue Angel finds in a soldier’s WWII diary that sends Kimberlee to Austria to solve the mystery in the diary.
Really? Could you tell us a bit more of what Thumper and Angel will be facing in the next mystery? The cats face skullduggery in Fern Lake while Kimberlee seeks a key and a stolen WWII treasure in Austria.
So Angel is in, Black Cat and the Secret of the Bells? Yes, My Angel, my one true love, is always by my side, helping me keep my family safe and on the straight and narrow.
Tell me Thumps….do you mind if I call you Thumps Please call me Black Cat, like in my last two books. Ok Thumper, um…Black Cat…. just why would my friends want to interview you when I have already interviewed you? Because Mom has made me a true hero, an extraordinary cat and an all around unforgettable fellow. I might even give you my autograph. Ohh,,,an autograph of the Black Cat….I like that. Perhaps you could pad out your name on my place mat.
How can our friends schedule a full interview for their blogs?
Black Cat, thank you so much for an informative interview. We can hardly wait for “Black Cat and the Secret of the Bells.” Yes, Black Cat thank you for visiting, you are a charming man cat. Angel must be so proud.
1. A book I would like to see made into a movie is ...THE WARRIOR SAGA . THERE ARE FOUR PEEPS THAT WRITE THE BOOKS AND USE THE PSEUDONYM ERIN GREY. THE STORIES ARE ABUNDANT AND JERK ON YOUR EMOTIONS AS ONE DOES GET ATTACHED TO THE CHARACTERS.TAKE A PEEK AT THE WARRIOR BOOKS AT http://www.warriorcats.com/books.
2. If I could afford a billboard, it would say: Then we’d watch peeps feel guilty for not hugging their cat before they left the house. MOL
My turn Shoko. Take it away Kali.
3. I have a hard time SHARING my salmon treats. They are so good. I do share though….mom makes me.
4. I really enjoy …..SUN PUDDLES. THEY ARE VERY HARD TO FIND AT THIS TIME OF YEAR BUT WE KEEP LOOKING.
NELLIE FOUND ONE…ISN’T THIS A HAPPY MEMORY?
That was a fun Fill-In, thank you ladies.
A guiding candle can make all the difference to those struggling.
1. Snow …..FALLING ON THE GREENHOUSE IS A PRETTY SIGHT. SNOW FALLING ON MOI…..NOT SO PRETTY. 2. My favorite kind of soup is…..TROUT SOUP. I DON’T CARE FOR TROUT CAT FOOD BUT FRESH TROUT IS TO DIE FOR….YUMMY.
My turn Shoko. We agreed. Take it away Kali Kit.
3. When no one is around, I…..NEVER HISS AT COW KITTY.
4. A STRAW is my FAVOURITE TOY LATELY.. I GUESS BECAUSE I CAN THROW IT ABOUT WITH MY MOUTH AND ACTUALY DO DAMAGE TO IT WITH MY TEETH. Have a great Fryday which we all know is fish day.. Try some of Shoko’s Trout Soup. it really is good.
Wasn’t Valentines Day fun Kali. It was a super relaxing day. That’s right, you had a spa day. Tell us about it Kali. The day started off warm and cozy. It was 10 above today. After we had breakkie and a quick walk about on the deck….there is still lots of snow. I headed for the spa area in mom’s bedroom. There I sat in the hot tub that blows steam on my face to smooth and cleanse my snow white furs. I didn’t want to disturb mom and dad so I had my earphones in while listening to Andy Williams singing, “Moon River.” What a lovely song. I was mellowing and mewing along when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I mewed for Shoko to go away……still the tapping got more intense. Soon the taps were hurting. I popped out my cuke slices and my eyes grew huge as loonies…..there sitting beside the tub was Cow Kitty. I growled in no uncertain terms to get his skinny spotted butt outta my bathroom and don’t ever come back. But…..but..Take your butt, butt outta this room. I am very sorry Miss Kali but I must leave soon and I wanted to play with your favourite mouse but thought I should ask first. Can I play with it? Oh my, I feel like the cat that ate the canary….very guilty. satisfied inside but guilty. Cow Kitty it is wrong to run into a ladies bedroom for any reason….knock next time and wait to be let in. Of, course you can play with my mouse….that was very nice to ask. Woo hoo, thanks Miss Kali. I won’t bother you again……well today.
How was your spa Kali? Well aside from Cow Kitty barging it, it was exhilarating. You know Shoko I believe Cow Kitty is becoming more of a gentleman. So he asked to borrow your mouse? He sure did. I was impressed. That was kind of him to ask, here is the rest of your mouse. Oh dear…..it has no fur anymore! The hazards of lending your toys to boy cats, I guess. So let’s see your manicure Kali.They’re mauve Kali! They are very pretty. Thanks Shoko. I worked hard to get just the right sheen.
Let’s show our friends Einey and Buddy’s Valentine cards to us.
Mom is going to have her mouse protein IV today at the hospital and she is always wiped afterward so she’ll be back with you on-line when she is with it again, You think she’ll want to run around on the floor so we can chase her Kali? What a riot that would be…we could run all over her.
What do you get if you try to cross a mouse with a skunk?
Dirty looks from the mouse! MOL
It’s that day of the week where mom practices her artistic talent….usually with less than stellar results. Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty is putting on the artsy blog hop. Jump over to her dimension and view all the artsy anipals in Blogville. Simply click on the highlighted name of the blog hop and you’ll see your friends.
Mom decided to take this picture of Kali and I and play around with it. Shoko was afraid her straw would roll off her legs and I’d get it. MOL You should see that thing….holes up and down it and it’s bent where she sat on it.
The next trick was to make the picture oval. Pretty snazzy looking ladies, eh?
The lively colouring of the art effect was added.. Mom chose the Yarn Effect. We’re made of yarn. I don’t like it Kali…..I look stringy. It’s different Shoko. Mom is trying to be versatile. I still don’t like it.
Finally mom tried the Floating Art Effect for Shoko.
There we go. I’m happy now. I look fetching. Ya, go fetch me a nipitini sis. MOL
Piglove and Fozziemum are having Shopping Around The World today. Thank you ladies for another intriguing idea.
Well, cwap I say. This month’s Shopping Around the World snuck up on us. We are just getting used to playing with some new toys and wham, Phenny’s mom reminded us it’s Shopping Around the World time. Son of a paper tiger! So here we sit….unprepared as mom and dad have eaten most of their turkey dinner and fixin’s. Shall we tell you that Cow Kitty ran away with all mom and dad’s food or the Elf on the Shelf buried our food under a snow bank. No, none of this happened. So this recipe does not involve Christmas dinner but an appetizer for any time. This is homemade Cocktail Sauce for those special occasions when you’re serving shellfish. You will need ketchup, lemon juice and horseradish. Ketchup..French’s 750 ml….$3.99 (Our ketchup is still Heinz so it’s old…they don’t make Heinz ketchup up here in Canada anymore.)
Real Lemon… Lemon Juice….. 150 ml. $1.50
Woodman’s Horseradish…..250 ml……$3.99
You will use just a bit of each. Most peeps have these items on hand,
Put 3 tbsp of ketchup into a small dish, Add 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of horseradish and 1 tsp of lemon juice. Stir and taste. If, you want more zip in your sauce add a small amount of horseradish and taste. Grab a prawn and dress it up with some cocktail sauce.
1.The highlight of my Christmas was…..NEED YOU ASK? IT WAS DA BIRD FROM EINSTEIN.2 .My New Year’s resolution is …..TO REFRAIN FROM TRYING TO BITE KALI’S BUTT. MOM’S RIGHT IT’S KINDA RUDE, EVEN IF KALI ISN’T LISTENING TO ME AND SHE DOES WHEN I TRY AND BITE HER BITE BUT THEN SHE FINKS ON ME.
Get away from me, you, you butt biter!
3.This year, 2016,…..HAS BEEN A VERY HARD YEAR FOR BLOGVILLE. WE HAVE LOST SEVERAL BELOVED FRIENDS. WE WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE THE END OF 2016.
4 Next year, 2017,…..I’M PREDICTING A HAPPIER YEAR IN BLOGVILLE AND MANY A STROLL IN OUR STROLLER.
WE HELPED MOM CHOOSE THE BEST DELI MEAT. ROAST CHICKEN FOR US AND BLACK FOREST HAM FOR MOM AND DAD.
May you go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.
1. Yesterday,…..I WAS SITTING AROUND THE LIVING ROOM WITH COW KITTY. I DON’T TRUST THE LITTLE FREAK THOUGH. DAD WAS PUTTING UP THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS OUTSIDE. SHOKO WAS OUT THERE SUPERVISING.
2. IF I GOT DOG BISCUITS I WOULD regift THEM AND GIVE THEM TO EASY. HE DOESN’T APPEAR TO BE TOO FUSSY.
3. My favourite holiday leftover is….. THAT’S A TOUGH ONE CAUSE I HATE LEFTOVERS! PERHAPS SOME FINELY CHOPPED TURKEY, WHITE MEAT ONLY, AND A SIDE BOWL OF CHICKEN BROTH. THAT TICKLES MY FANCY4. The best part of a long, holiday weekend is….. BEING TOGETHER RELAXING WITH FAMILY. THE GOOD FOOD DOESN’T HURT EITHER.We hope your Thanksgiving had wonderful friends and family. Stuff yourself because in another month Christmas will be upon us. MOL
1. The last movie I saw at the theater was ……I DON’T GO TO THE THEATRE. TOO MANY PEOPLE FOR ME. THE LAST MOVIE MOM WENT TO SEE WAS “THE SECRET LIFE OF PETS.” SHE WAS VERY SUSPICIOUS OF OUR BEHAVIOUR AFTER THE MOVIE.2. The title of my autobiography would be….. THE BEAUTIFUL FLAME-POINT FELINE OF THE NORTH SPEAKS OUT ON THE TREATS OF LIFE. SNAZZY TITLE, EH?3. I would love to learn …...HOW TO OPEN A CAN. THAT WAY WHEN I GET HUNGRY, I CAN JUST RIP THE LID OFF. OH YEA, I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO OPEN THE PANTRY DOOR FIRST. I’d even share my food with Shoko.
4. I am glad that I learned …..TO BE QUIET IN THE STROLLER, because …..A RIDE IN THE STROLLER IS SO MUCH FUN. I KNOW MOM WOULDN’T KEEPTAKING ME IF I CONTINUED TO YELL AT HER.
May your whiskers be straight and your smile crooked. Peeps will wonder what your up to.