Shoko it’s a special day today. It would have been Kali’s 16th birthday. A real landmark. She is celebrating in heaven now but we won’t be unhappy cause she shared so many good times with us.
Do you remember when you first came to live with us? I remember some things mom. You made Kali’s life a lively place.
MOL…I remember that. I thought Kali was going to eat me! mol
She hated bugs and would come inside at the slightest sound of a bug. The one exception was if I brought her a stunned fly. She liked those.
Remember how she loved oregano! She rolled in the oregano and then the dirt. MOL She loved it. You’re right Shoks.
What a mess she was. She was happy though.
We grew so very close. We would lay on the bed and listen to our Bedtime Story.
So many memories. We are very fortunate to have such happy memories, Shoko.
Look at the lovely card that Buddy Budd of Tomcat Timmy’s Commentary made up for Kali’s birthday.
Fantastic card right from the heart… Kali will love this.
Let’s gobble up this strawberry cake that the guys and Miss Fitz made over at Timmy’s Commentary. Kali’s favourite cake was strawberry. It tastes pretty darn good. Mmmm Go visit Timmy’s place and share your feelings.
Buddy, we want to keep you here on earth for a few more years. You will be with Kali again and forever.
Where are you Shoko? SILENCE Guess, she’s gone outside.
There you are rolling in the flower garden. Well, ya, the dirt is nice and warm. You really ought to try it mom.
Thanks, Shoks but this weeding has to be done. Aww…you really do miss out on the finer things in life cause you have to do silly cwap. The weeds just come back again.
Today is Annie from McGuffy’s Reader’s positive message day. Let’s get some pictures of Mother Nature’s gifts to us, Shoko. I don’t think so, mom. I’m pretty happy here. You won’t screw up the pictures to badly without me so show me your stuff.
Mom, mom, we got a postcard from Fiji. Kali’s taken the time to send us some news from the island.
It’s so pretty there! I don’t see no pink beaches though. Maybe the tide washed the pink off the sand. *Shoko looks at mom with a quizzical look.*
You sound just like Kali, mom. You’ve been hanging out with her too long. No way do I believe you. hmpf!
What does our little white ghosty have to say for herself?
Hi, there winter warriors. It’s beautiful and 86 F(30C)here. The trade winds carry just a scent of Jasmine. *sniff* *sniff* Buddy and I are lying on the beautiful pink sands and chowing down on turkey and beef. He is dangling a treat above my mouth and I catch it, The moisture is awesome on my furs as they’re shining like silk. The other Cougars are mewing with the cabana boycats. The boycats here are so handsome and not puffed out to keep warm like at home. Glad you’re not here with us Shoko but will see you soon, sisteh. Miss you mom!
We are also partaking of Thankful Thursday with Brian’s Home Blog. We are thankful for each other and the fact that we can relax and say whatever we want without someone giving us grief. We are also thankful for a sisteh that never forgets us. Click on Brian’s Homer and go visit the others that are thankful. Come back and have a cuppa green nip with me. See ya later, friend.
It’s Sunday fun day. The weather is a little warmer and dad shoveled the stairs leading from the deck. Mom is coming out with me today. She has a touch of cabin fever and needs the fresh air blowing amidst her furs. Shhh….don’t tell her but she’s getting bossy and loud. I don’t want to hurt her feelings so MUM’s the word.
It’s Sunday Selfie day also at The Cat On My Head blog so we shall hop over there and show our best side. Come with us, just click on the blog host name and ta-da we’ve arrived.
Not too bad if I don’t say so myself. Do you wonder where Kali is? She’s gone on a winter vacation with her crotchety friends.
We are thankful for a nice warm mom to snuggle up to. Brian’s Blog Thankful Thursday is the perfect time to show it. Simply click on the blog hop name and join the other thankful anipals. Our friend Cathy Keisha or CK, from Stunning Keisha, asked these questions of her friends so we could get to know them better.
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? …. Some dry crumble called Hypoallergenic Soy. It’s pretty good tasting.
2. Where was your header pic taken?….. In mom’s bedroom while we were chillaxin. All of a sudden mom brings out the camera like its a shotgun and starts firing.
3. Worst pain you ever felt?…..Worst emotional pain was when Queen Nellie, my mentor from The Cat From Hell left for the Bridge. I was sad for a long time but I’ll see her and many more friends when I join them.
4. Favorite place you’ve traveled?…..nip patch on my own 4 paws.
5. How late did you stay up last night? 11pm but I got up 7 times to check the doors, sniff Kali, hit mom’s nose so she’d pat me, check dad…you get the idea.
6. If you could move, where to?…..Probably closer to the river cause Kali tells me the river is a great place to walk with mom.
7. What do you collect?….. I collect nail polish and lipsticks
8. Which of your blogging friends lives the closest?…..I would have to say Marv of Marvelous is Marvelous.
9. Amusement park or concert?…..A concert for both of us. I would cwap myself on a roller coaster and Kali doesn’t see so good so she’d like the music.
10. When was the last time you cried? …..I don’t cry!! I get very quiet and sad and bite anyone who bugs me. Whenever a friend passes to the bridge, I am very sad cause I’ll miss them.
11. Who took your header photo?…..Mom did.
12. Who’s the last person you took a picture with?…..mom
13. What’s your favorite season?…..An easy peasy answer……SUMMER!
14. If you could have any career, what would it be?….I’d run a day spa.
15. Do you think relationships are ever worth it?…..Oh yes, Buddy Budd and I have an awesome relationship and Shoko and Einey are the best of friends and sweethearts.
16. If you could talk to anyone right now who would it be?…..I would talk with Buddy Budd. I would talk with Einey. We would try and comfort them.
17. Are you a good influence?…..I think I am but you’d have to ask Shoko if she thinks so. I guess…I don’t want to run a day spa though.
18. Does pineapple belong on pizza?…..Who cares. I only eat my own food and a tad of olive juice. Kali just eats her food too.
19. You have the remote, what are you watching?…..I found this cool YouTube video and I watch birds and squirrels. The plot is very deep. mol
20. Whom do you think will play along?…..Hopefully, my friends will find the time to tell us more about themselves.
We had a very happy Christmas. Mom gave us turkey for brekky and for supper and we sucked it down like the turk was Greenies. Then it was off to the tree standing in the living room. Dad was playing with the train…whoops, sorry dad. Dad was fixing the tracks cause they needed lubricating to keep the train on them. I didn’t tell him I’ve been batting at the train and then running like crazy up to the condo with Mistle Poop at the door. mew, mew, mew. I just like to say poop! mol
Santa brought me a remote control snake. This dude is a real horror. The snake, not Santa! Scared the crap outta me….looks so real.
Kept Kali awake for some time.
Next was Kali’s gift from Santa. She got what she asked for.
I examined the hut on the inside for any deadbeats hanging around and Kali examined the outside for drafts. The hut passed the test.