It’s Sunday fun day. The weather is a little warmer and dad shoveled the stairs leading from the deck. Mom is coming out with me today. She has a touch of cabin fever and needs the fresh air blowing amidst her furs. Shhh….don’t tell her but she’s getting bossy and loud. I don’t want to hurt her feelings so MUM’s the word.
It’s Sunday Selfie day also at The Cat On My Head blog so we shall hop over there and show our best side. Come with us, just click on the blog host name and ta-da we’ve arrived.
Not too bad if I don’t say so myself. Do you wonder where Kali is? She’s gone on a winter vacation with her crotchety friends.
We are thankful for a nice warm mom to snuggle up to. Brian’s Blog Thankful Thursday is the perfect time to show it. Simply click on the blog hop name and join the other thankful anipals. Our friend Cathy Keisha or CK, from Stunning Keisha, asked these questions of her friends so we could get to know them better.
1. What was the last thing you put in your mouth? …. Some dry crumble called Hypoallergenic Soy. It’s pretty good tasting.
2. Where was your header pic taken?….. In mom’s bedroom while we were chillaxin. All of a sudden mom brings out the camera like its a shotgun and starts firing.
3. Worst pain you ever felt?…..Worst emotional pain was when Queen Nellie, my mentor from The Cat From Hell left for the Bridge. I was sad for a long time but I’ll see her and many more friends when I join them.
4. Favorite place you’ve traveled?…..nip patch on my own 4 paws.
5. How late did you stay up last night? 11pm but I got up 7 times to check the doors, sniff Kali, hit mom’s nose so she’d pat me, check dad…you get the idea.
6. If you could move, where to?…..Probably closer to the river cause Kali tells me the river is a great place to walk with mom.
7. What do you collect?….. I collect nail polish and lipsticks
8. Which of your blogging friends lives the closest?…..I would have to say Marv of Marvelous is Marvelous.
9. Amusement park or concert?…..A concert for both of us. I would cwap myself on a roller coaster and Kali doesn’t see so good so she’d like the music.
10. When was the last time you cried? …..I don’t cry!! I get very quiet and sad and bite anyone who bugs me. Whenever a friend passes to the bridge, I am very sad cause I’ll miss them.
11. Who took your header photo?…..Mom did.
12. Who’s the last person you took a picture with?…..mom
13. What’s your favorite season?…..An easy peasy answer……SUMMER!
14. If you could have any career, what would it be?….I’d run a day spa.
15. Do you think relationships are ever worth it?…..Oh yes, Buddy Budd and I have an awesome relationship and Shoko and Einey are the best of friends and sweethearts.
16. If you could talk to anyone right now who would it be?…..I would talk with Buddy Budd. I would talk with Einey. We would try and comfort them.
17. Are you a good influence?…..I think I am but you’d have to ask Shoko if she thinks so. I guess…I don’t want to run a day spa though.
18. Does pineapple belong on pizza?…..Who cares. I only eat my own food and a tad of olive juice. Kali just eats her food too.
19. You have the remote, what are you watching?…..I found this cool YouTube video and I watch birds and squirrels. The plot is very deep. mol
20. Whom do you think will play along?…..Hopefully, my friends will find the time to tell us more about themselves.
We had a very happy Christmas. Mom gave us turkey for brekky and for supper and we sucked it down like the turk was Greenies. Then it was off to the tree standing in the living room. Dad was playing with the train…whoops, sorry dad. Dad was fixing the tracks cause they needed lubricating to keep the train on them. I didn’t tell him I’ve been batting at the train and then running like crazy up to the condo with Mistle Poop at the door. mew, mew, mew. I just like to say poop! mol
Santa brought me a remote control snake. This dude is a real horror. The snake, not Santa! Scared the crap outta me….looks so real.
Kept Kali awake for some time.
Next was Kali’s gift from Santa. She got what she asked for.
I examined the hut on the inside for any deadbeats hanging around and Kali examined the outside for drafts. The hut passed the test.
I could choose no feathers or for a bit more get the feathers. The feathers are just right for mom….don’tcha think? I didn’t have quite enough for the feathered wand so dad helped…thanks, dad.
Have a great Thursday friends.
Put your own interpretation of what Kali was thinking in the comment section. hehe Shoko is sleeping between the pillows.
It’s Halloween and I’m ready. Do you think Juno’s mom hands out treats with catnip on them? Are you wearing that Shoko….you really do look high-class but bloody? Einey likes me in this so maybe I will wear it.
Hey, Juno’s parent’s have nothing that we like. They gave out tiny toothbrushes and toothpaste. Ripoff….be right back Kali and Buddy.
That’s much better. Holy Shoko! Where did you get all the toilet paper to drape over Juno’s property? Remember all that toilet paper mom and dad got last week cause it was cheaper if one buys 87,000 rolls? Ya. Well, here they are! HAPPY HALLOWEEN FRIENDS.
This month Phenny from Easy Blog is our super host for Shopping Around the World and Phenny says we must make something with gourds. Mom debated about this. Should she make cookies, a loaf….what to do? She finally decided to make up her own recipe. Give her a minute and she’ll name it.
Should we both help mom, Kali? I think so Shoko….this recipe is from whatever she dreams up….perhaps us guiding her would be a good idea. I’ll be back later Kali, I hear the wind calling my name. Really, what a wiener head! Humph! Guess it’s you and me, mom. We will call this dish, “Haunted Squished Squash Head.” Pretty descriptive, eh? It is a meal for Halloween.
Let’s get on with this very creative dish.
Haunted Squished Squash Head or (HSSH to save space on paper)
1 acorn squash
1 pkg Knorr Sidekick Noodles
leftover veggies in the fridge
some frozen peas and corn
1 300g pkg, frozen shrimp
The very first thing to do is get a sharp knife and scoop. Cut a face in the acorn squash and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
These shrimp were $6.17 for the package of 300 g. at Real Canadian Superstore. You want to take your acorn squash and steam the cut faced squash. The size depends on how many people are having dinner with you. If there are two, like mom and dad, then a small to medium-sized squash will be plenty.
The acorn squash was $1.99 for one at Superstore.
Put the squash in a cup of water in the casserole dish and cover with tin foil. Cook the squash with nothing in it for about an hour at 350F. It is finished cooking when the meat inside is just slightly tender.
Oops! Looks like the steaming turned our Harold squash into a Harry the Haggard-Faced Squished Squash.
You want to make up your Sidekick noodles now. Make them up from the directions on the bag just use about 1/4 C less water. Mom used the Honey Garlic noodles.
The Knorr Sidekick noodles were $0.97 at Superstore.
To the water for the noodles add whatever produce you have leftover in the fridge….within reason…..no cantaloupe or melon in the pasta, please. For example, mom had a little left over red and yellow peppers. So she chopped them into small chunks and there were 5 mushrooms sitting in the fridge so they went into the pasta water too. The mushrooms and peppers will lose juice which will go into the water, this is why we cut out 1/4C of the water. Now cook the noodles as per the recipe.You’re going to get a whole bucket of pasta mom….you’ll never get it into the squash. No way!
I’m back. I had to teach Mr, Fishie not to swim from me. I stared at him then smashed his smiling face. I’ll put him back in the water after I help you.
I’m busy Shoko….sit quietly. Are you saying I have verbal diarrhea? No, but I am telling everyone how to make this dish and you’re screwing it up. Ohh! Sorry! *Shh* We start stuffing the cooked squash shell. The squash takes a fair bit of the noodle filling.
Now that the noodle filling is in place. Place the squash in the same casserole dish, minus the water, and then in the oven at 350F until it is warmed up about 20 minutes.
When the squash is out of the oven, use a fork and pull some of the noodles through the eye and mouth sockets. These are worms. Put some shrimp on the top of the squash head with the tail sticking out. For effect, pour some cocktail sauce over the shrimp (blood). Have some blood coming out of the eyes.
There is your Haunted Squished Squash Head. I was right. There was enough filling for another Haunted Squished Squash Head tomorrow night.