I’m going to do ALL the fill-Ins this week, Kali. 15 and Meowing and McGuffy’s Reader supply the 4 statements every week….different statements I should say. Pop in and visit our hosts to see what they have to say.
1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is…..TO CHECK MY VEGGIE GARDEN. IT GIVES ME A THRILL TO SEE WHAT MY FERTILIZING DID FOR THESE CROPS. JUST TO THINK I GREW THESE OUTSTANDING VEGGIES WITH MY OWN TWO PAWS.
2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is…..TO CHASE ALL THE INTRUDERS OUTTA THE NIP PATCH. I’M BASICALLY A PACIFIST AT HEART. YA, RIGHT SHOKO! THESE FRIENDS HAVEN’T BEEN PARTAKING OF THE NIP AND DON’T BELIEVE YOU’RE A PACIFIST. I’M CUT TO THE QUICK, KALI! SURE YOU ARE, TWINKLE HEAD,….WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN!YOU DON’T SEEM TO SCARE COW KITTY AT ALL.
I’LL DO THE LAST TWO SHOKO. BOSSY RED HEADS!
3. I could really do without …..SHARING! IT’S HIGHLY OVERRATED. I GET NO WARM FEELING FROM SHARING MY TOYS WITH COW KITTY. ACTUALLY I THINK THESE IDEAS COME FROM COMMIES AND IT’S A PLOT TO BREAK OUR WILL.
4. I would love to have more …..WELL, WHAT ELSE…..TREATS.
PICTURE YOUR FAVOURITE TREATS RIGHT HERE.
Before leaving I would like to welcome Ali at Musings of a Senior Kitty for being the newest member at Crotchety Cougars. I will have your membership card out to you right smartly my friend, meanwhile friends take a peek at Ali’s blog.
Mom has obtained a secret document from a friend. It was all hush, hush and on a need to know basis. They met in the back lane at midnight….mom scurried home with her treasure before anyone could see her. Except Cow Kitty, who was scooping out new territory for a game of, “Gotcha, You Freak!” Mom came flying in the house and slammed the door. Leaning against it mom told me I’d have to help her because Shoko has a big mouth and this info was top-secret. I, of course, agreed….I was so nosy about this project.
Ta da…. It’s Shopping Around The World today with our host Piglove.This was a real coo on mom’s part. She secured the recipe for Kentucky Fried Chicken coating. Yes, those 11 herb and spices that have always been so elusive to discover.
I’m here to help mom. Just call me Colonel Kali. I know the glasses are not the colonels but his glasses are so tacky. Dad used to have a pair like his….no pizazz.
Colonel Sander’s nephew casually revealed to a reporter a recipe that had been passed down in a family scrapbook.
Could this be KFC’s closely guarded secret recipe of 11 herbs and spices? The nephew Joe Ledington, said it is. He claims his job as a kid was to mix this same recipe in large batches.
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
Chicken parts of your choice
2 tbsp. milk
3/4 cup oil
Prepare oil in a cast iron pot to fry. You will need your 3/4 cup of oil. In a bowl, mix 2 cups of flour. 1/3 tbsp of salt, tbsp. of black pepper, 1/2 tbsp of thyme, 1/2 tbsp of basil, 1/3 tbsp of oregano., 1 tbsp of celery salt, 1 tbsp of dried mustard, 4 tbsp of paprika, 1 tbsp of garlic salt.1 tbsp of ground ginger and 1 tbsp of white pepper.
HANDY HINT: 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon
You will notice there are no prices for anything. We are very sorry but mom re-packaged the chicken pieces when we got them like 2 months ago, so if she gave you a price…she’d be lying cause she has no idea what she paid. Most of the herbs and spices were kicking about in the cupboard and the flour has been living here for some time…no bugs though….mom checked. The ingredients for making up the coating. We made up the coating and kept it in a sealed container. If we feel like having homemade KFC one night, we don’t have to mix all the herbs and spices.
In a separate bowl, add 2 tbsp of milk and an egg and whisk. Mix your chicken into the bowl and then coat the flour and spice mixture. We used a bread bag and shook it.
Finally we fried the chicken in the frying pan for 10 to 15 minutes. Looks good mom…kinda dark though. Can you lighten it up a bit?Much better, mom. It looks tasty.
The finished chicken wings and breast. It is a small batch because mom also baked the rest of the chicken.
Bake the chicken in a 350F oven for about 45 minutes. Oh really mom! What happened? The chicken got stuck on the tin foil cause you didn’t use the sliding foil and the wings fell apart when you lifted them out? They don’t look very appetizing. Alright, we’ll throw some parsley on top of them. MOL
1. A book I would like to see made into a movie is ...THE WARRIOR SAGA . THERE ARE FOUR PEEPS THAT WRITE THE BOOKS AND USE THE PSEUDONYM ERIN GREY. THE STORIES ARE ABUNDANT AND JERK ON YOUR EMOTIONS AS ONE DOES GET ATTACHED TO THE CHARACTERS.TAKE A PEEK AT THE WARRIOR BOOKS AT http://www.warriorcats.com/books.
2. If I could afford a billboard, it would say: Then we’d watch peeps feel guilty for not hugging their cat before they left the house. MOL
My turn Shoko. Take it away Kali.
3. I have a hard time SHARING my salmon treats. They are so good. I do share though….mom makes me.
4. I really enjoy …..SUN PUDDLES. THEY ARE VERY HARD TO FIND AT THIS TIME OF YEAR BUT WE KEEP LOOKING.
NELLIE FOUND ONE…ISN’T THIS A HAPPY MEMORY?
That was a fun Fill-In, thank you ladies.
A guiding candle can make all the difference to those struggling.
Fozziemum and Piglove are our fabulous hosts for Shopping Around The World. This month we are making one dish meals.
Mom decided to make a shrimp casserole. After trying Sammy’s Shrimp Salad, mom has discovered the tasty joys of shrimp cooking. Of course, this is Sammy from One Spoiled Cat.
We are ready for some dancin’ and sliddin in the kitchen. Right mom, OK…. this is serious business. We’re ready for some Chopin… I mean choppin’ and whiskin’. I been whiskin’…MOL Just whiskin’….whiskin’my day away. Shrimp Casserole:
Sidekicks $1.25 (ON SALE) half an onion (cupboard)
celery,1 stalk (fridge)
carrots,4 small (garden)
beet greens 4 small (garden)
red peppers,3 small (greenhouse)
peas, handful (garden)
beans,8 fresh (garden)
Shrimp 1 300 g. pkge. or (2 shrimp rings….$9.98) Only use 1 box.
I do believe that’s all the ingredients my friends.
With the sidekicks, cook them as the pkg. states. As these are cooking, cut up your mushrooms, onion, celery and red pepper and sauté them in 1 tbsp. of olive oil. TIP: If you have someone in your household that picks veggies out of the mixture so they don’t have to eat them, chop everything small. These folk don’t stand a chance in Hades of getting anything out. MOL Your sidekicks should be ready. Pour the whole thing into your casserole dish and stir. It’s the only thing in there so one swish otta do er. Add your sautéed onion, green peppers, mushrooms and celery. These veggies should be just bendable, they will finish cooking in the casserole and the juices will float about in the mixture. Now you will need to pick some beans, peas, carrots and beet greens. For most folks they can grab a handful of frozen peas and beans and go with that. A few carrots from produce would be nice. If, these are uncooked, partially cook them and add to the mixture. The carrots can be shaved into the casserole or chopped, or anyway you prefer them. You can also add leftovers from the fridge if they would go together. Any added veggies should be cooked for about 10 minutes or long enough for the veggie to be just slightly soft. No chocolate and beans….it sounds ghastly!
The final ingredient to add is your shrimp. Mom always seems to get shrimp with the tails on them. This is very unpleasant when chowing down on the casserole so you want to remove the tails. I sent Kali to pull all the tails off the shrimp because it is so boring. She is playing…”he loves me…loves me not…loves me…” thinking of her beau Buddy from the Tomcat Commentary by Tim.
hehe…this isn’t a Persian meal Kali. I know but when’s mom going to make a Persian dish? Thought I’d take this opportunity to show off my new Persian garb.
Cook the casserole in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 degrees. If the casserole starts to look dry add some water…1/4 cup and stir like you’re on nip. After 15 minutes add the tailless shrimp and cook for another 10 minutes.
What are those black blobs in there, mom? You didn’t grab a few beetles and through them in, did you? You know Kali probably didn’t get all the tails off the shrimp so they’ll be a little crunchy anyways. No mom…..sorry. Mom said I was being rude so I’m really sorry, there are no bugs in this casserole, nada….none. PSSSST….mom burnt the red pepper! MOL Bring on the shrimp mom! We’re waiting patiently.
Make room for Fryday’s Friendly Fill-In’s from our hosts 15 and Meowing and McGuffy’s Reader.
1. Something healthy I do daily is …..RUN AROUND THE YARD. THIS IS GREAT EXERCISE AND GETS THE OLE MUSCLES WARMED UP AND READY FOR THE JUMP UP ONTO THE FENCE.
2, Something unhealthy I do daily is…. GO AFTER KALI AND BITE HER. IT’S UNHEALTHY FOR KALI BUT FUN FOR ME. MOL 3. This Summer, …..I RODE AROUND IN A STROLLER. I SAW LOTS OF INTERESTIN’ PEEPS AND PETS FROM OUR STREET. I GROWLED AT THE DOGS TOO. Cow Kitty likes the stroller too.
4. This Autumn,….. I PLAN TO ATTACK MOM FROM INSIDE MY TUNNEL.
May your fleas be few and your temptations plenty.
1. My nickname is…. THUNDERPAW. WHAT IS THAT NOISE IN THE HALL AT 3am. IT’S A BALL, NO, ITS A HORSE, WRONG AGAIN, IT’S THUNDERPAW. DOWN THE HALL, THROUGH THE BEDROOM, RUNNING UP THE CAT STAIRS, AROUND THE PILLOWS, TIME TO PAW MOM ON THE SHOULDER, HARDER IF SHE DOESN’T WAKE. THAT’S HOW I GOT THE NAME THUNDERPAW.
2. The first thing I ever won was FROM THE CAT ON MY HEAD BLOG. IT WAS A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO. I CAN’T REMEMBER THE NAME BUT IT WAS THE CUTEST LITTLE HARD COVER PICTURE BOOK. WE DO LOVE OUR BOOKS.
3. I have never been to ….. VISIT EINSTEIN OF TOMCAT COMMENTARY BY TIM IN PENNSYLVANNIA BUT WOULD LOVE TO GO.
That was a super fast week! I was gone every day this week while my uncle and his girl friend were visiting. I came home to eat and showed up for bed when everyone else was in their rooms. I’m a wee bit timid around strangers.
1. One quirk I have is I WON’T GET ON ANYONE’S LAP. I WILL RUN ACROSS A LAP TO GET TO THE OTHER SIDE BUT I’M NOBODY’S LAP CAT.
2. My favorite comic strip is GARFIELD
3. I am really happy WHEN I’M WORKING IN MY GARDEN.4. If I could go anywhere on a road trip, I would go to RICHMOND AND VISIT WITH NELLIE, MY MENTOR AS THE CAT FROM HELL.Isn’t she beautiful? She’s a meezer, like me too.