Time for the funky fill-ins from us. The co-hosts of Friday Fun Fill-Ins, Annie from McGuffy’s Reader and Ellen from 15 and Meowing give us the sentences and we fill in the missing words.
I will take the first two sentences and Kali will attack the last two sentences.
1. I have never been able to….CLIMB A TREE…..I KNOW THAT EVERYONE THINKS IT’S MY CHOICE BUT CLIMBING A TREE SCARES THE CWAP OUTTA ME. I LOVE THIS PICTURE….lOOKING AT THE TREES IS AWESOME……..THE IDEA OF CLIMBING THEM GIVES ME THE SHIVERS.
2. I wish I could still …..SQUEEZE THROUGH THE RAILS ON THE DECK WITHOUT THE RAILS TOUCHING ME. THEN I COULD TAKE A SHORTCUT TO THE NIP.
Take it away sisteh ghostie.
3. SNUGGLING ON MY PURPLE FURRY ON MOM’S BED….. is my ideal winter night. 4. TREATS…..and…..CARRYING OUT MY BEAUTY TREATMENTS MAKE ME HAPPY.
Have a fun weekend friends.
It’s Monday, time for Sparks with McGuffy’s Reader and Annie.
We are into the Christmas season and most of us are happy and content.
Have a great Monday, my friends.
It’s November the 4th. and Mimi asked us…”How do I find peace in overwhelming times?” PEACE…a word that instills a relaxed attitude, a sigh of relief and a happy smile throughout the world. Why is this so hard to achieve, then?
Wherever there are people there will be man’s idea of what is right and thusly peaceful. People need to worship, vote and be happy with their own ideas, not to force these ideas on others….we are all different and as such follow what we feel is right…..this is as it should be without shoving our views on someone else and creating turmoil. Whether someone is Communist, Socialist, Democratic or content in a dictatorship…..this is the person’s choice, not ours. Until we let people be, instead of wiping them out because their views are different, we will not gain peace. If, we accept people with their flaws….we ultimately win.
It is also Artsy Fartsy Caturday at Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty’s blog. Visit Athena and see the models for today.
You got the shovel Kali? What for Shoko? Well, we gotta dig a hole to get mom into…..this is going to take a while. What are you doing with that trowel…we need real shovels that can dig lotsa dirt at one time. We’ll be digging from now till winter with a trowel. I don’t like this Shoko….we’ll never get mom to go sit in a hole…..while we throw dirt at her. Then she’s going to be annoyed and we won’t see treats for some time to come. Hmm…you got a point ghosty sister of mine. Let’s just forget it till we have a better plan.
Another Fryday with another Fill-In from Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader. These two gals think up two sentences each for us to fill in. The first two are from 15 and Meowing and the last two are from McGuffy’s Reader. Pretty clever, eh?
1. A recurring dream I have is….. THAT BUDDY VISITS ON A BEAUTIFUL HORSE AND WE GO RIDING IN THE BACK LANE. OH MY I’M GETTING EXCITED…. He is gorgeous! Buddy is from Tomcat Commentary by Tim Look at those basket eyes…hehehe….I love em so much I could rip some of his furs out to take to my basket and dream of him I. On second thought we don’t need the horse. We’d probably use our claws to get up on the horse and the horse would bolt….leaving us on our heads on the ground. MOL
2. Turn…..HYPOALLERGENIC WET FOOD….. into …..DELI ROAST TURKEY….. AND I’D BE A HAPPY CAMPER. Mom does her best to get me to eat and sometimes I’m absolutely fascinated by the lengths she’ll go to and I absent- mindedly eat the slop.
My turn Kali….I must express myself before I burst. MOL
3. CAPPY-TAN….. is driving me crazy! He waits outside our door for one of us to come outside, He even sings to us. Myself, I think he’s not neutered and is ready to get his MEW off.
4. Lately, I have been….HAPPY TO STAY AROUND THE BACKYARD AND INVESTIGATE BUGS IN THE GARDEN…… a stroll is wonderful when the weather is beautiful and warm but when the wind’s howling, the backyard with the six foot fence is the place to play.
April is our turn to host the Shopping Around The World for Piglove. Simply put The Canadian Cat’s URL in your post with your favourite seafood dish. Piglove’s URL would be nice to include too.
Hey Kali how’s the ole gal doing? She’s OK….she’s watching and talking to the TV. The talking to the TV tells me she’s getting better. What happened anyway Shoko…do you know? Well, listening to dad and mom yak about her knee, it seems when they went to Omaha Beach after meeting up with Phenny and his mom and dad, mom fell down. Really!! Good ole mom, when in doubt, have a bath….sorry, that’s for us not mom. For mom it would be….MAKE A TURKEY OF YOURSELF!
This picture was taken moments before mom stood up, heard a crack and fell on her face. Da Phenny knew it was coming and wanted to get out of there fast so is dragging his mom behind him. MOL.
When they got to London they caught a virus….both of them. This knocked them so low that they could barely be seen on our cat radar, but I get ahead of myself as all of the residents at the house in Normandy were involved in fixing our recipe of the month for Shopping Around The World.
We peek in at the activities In the house in Normandy that day.
Seems mom was the bossy dudette for our recipe of Fish Cakes made with salmon. She says supervisor, we say bossy.
1 tin Sockeye Salmon….150 grams $5.25 in Canadian Dollars
1 onion…. 1.29 euro a pound , $ 1.38
8 small potatoes……very small…1.99 for a kilo, $$ 2.13 euro
some butter….in cupboard
A true international dinner.
1/ Dice onion but not too small. Throw a teaspoon of butter in frying pan to brown onion. Put onion in frying pan and cook at medium-high…stirring frequently or your onion will be black as my face. MOL
2/ While the onion is browning, cut up the potatoes and boil them in a pot.
The potatoes are boiling and the onion is sautéing as demonstrated by our model Broomhilda Brush, a charming woman.
With your other hand chunk up the sockeye salmon after you have removed the juice and given it to the pet at your elbow. As you see, aforementioned pet is helping Broomhilda get the salmon juice out of the can and telling us to flake off, it’s his juice.
3/ The potatoes are done so smash them like this foreign resident of the house.
5/ Add salt and pepper to taste and about 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs.
6/ Combine smashed potatoes, browned onions. salt, pepper, breadcrumbs and of course the salmon in bowl. Mix with hands. It tastes better this way.
7/ Make patties with your hands. Put 2 tablespoons butter in frying pan and turn the temperature to high. Watch constantly. Don’t forget to place the patties in pan. After about 5 minutes turn the cakes over and do the same on the other side. You want to brown them on either side….not burn them. DONE! These are some scrumptious looking fish cakes. Mmmm…perhaps some more potatoes would be wise next time.
A wonderful meal that we all had part in making. What? Mr. Brush didn’t do anything? Oh yes he did! Mr. Brush appears to have eaten a little more than the chair could hack. The chair broke but Phenny was there to the rescue, moving so fast he’s a blur.
Thank you for joining us for April’s Seafood Recipe. From all of us: Mr. and Mrs. Brush, dad, mom and Da Phenny we bid you a fun and happy day.
It is also Sunday Selfie Day with The Cat On My Head blog. Well, we just couldn’t miss another Selfie Day so I took it upon myself to show one and all the beret mom brought me back from Paris for me. Kali got one that is exactly the same. Where’s the French treats mom….trade ya the beret for the goodies. MOL Am I not one sophisticated kitty? I asked for a green beret but mom didn’t think I deserve a green one. I tell you…I’m not so sure about that woman.
Please stop by The Cat On My Head and view our friends trying to show their best side. It’s a riot. Mom this was a long blog. I’m bone tired but a little peckish. Are there any treats in the big Paris bag? There are? What do ya mean I have to share them with Kali. What did she do? Oh alright if I HAVE to.