Annie of McGuffy’s Reader thought a positive note to start the week would give us all a boost. I agree and here is my way to help you start the week.
Kali and I thought we’d show you what our family was doing today. We spent most of the morning outside….all of us. Nice day and hardly any smoke.
Dad was outside getting rid of our old fence with a new one. Him and the neighbour finally agreed on a fence and split the cost.
Our new fence…look ma no pathways through the fence. No introoders can come bouncing through the fence now.
A little feathered friend…ya, not a friend of mine….came for a drink. Come have a seat on the railing. *Shoko rubs paws together.*
You can see the old fence in the background.
These are mom’s volunteer, “Love Lies Bleeding.” They have red peeking out of the top of their heads.
I’m feeling a tad peckish, let’s go inside. Ya, this is my new place mat that mom brought me back from Paris. I’m allowed to eat up on the island cause my food is one Kali shouldn’t have.
Hey, mom whatcha doin? Are you working on your recipe for Shopping Around The World hosted by Bacon, my bro by another mother?
I don’t think the recipe calls for soups this month but I’ll check. These are our leeks. I’m going to put in a green pepper that is turning red. Just for some colour. Whatever? I don’t want it. I don’t eat green food. We know what grass does so, no thanks….you and dad enjoy. It’s also The Cat On my Head’s Selfie Sunday. This week Kali has the honour. Pad on over to The Cat on my Head blog and see the furries that have clicked themselves stupid for the bestest selfie. Click on our hostess’s name and drop in. MOL What? I just woke up….lemme see,you want me to take my.. *click*…whoops wasn’t quite ready. MOL Have a great day my friends.
I’m going to do ALL the fill-Ins this week, Kali. 15 and Meowing and McGuffy’s Reader supply the 4 statements every week….different statements I should say. Pop in and visit our hosts to see what they have to say.
1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is…..TO CHECK MY VEGGIE GARDEN. IT GIVES ME A THRILL TO SEE WHAT MY FERTILIZING DID FOR THESE CROPS. JUST TO THINK I GREW THESE OUTSTANDING VEGGIES WITH MY OWN TWO PAWS.
2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is…..TO CHASE ALL THE INTRUDERS OUTTA THE NIP PATCH. I’M BASICALLY A PACIFIST AT HEART. YA, RIGHT SHOKO! THESE FRIENDS HAVEN’T BEEN PARTAKING OF THE NIP AND DON’T BELIEVE YOU’RE A PACIFIST. I’M CUT TO THE QUICK, KALI! SURE YOU ARE, TWINKLE HEAD,….WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN! YOU DON’T SEEM TO SCARE COW KITTY AT ALL.
I’LL DO THE LAST TWO SHOKO. BOSSY RED HEADS!
3. I could really do without …..SHARING! IT’S HIGHLY OVERRATED. I GET NO WARM FEELING FROM SHARING MY TOYS WITH COW KITTY. ACTUALLY I THINK THESE IDEAS COME FROM COMMIES AND IT’S A PLOT TO BREAK OUR WILL.
4. I would love to have more …..WELL, WHAT ELSE…..TREATS.
PICTURE YOUR FAVOURITE TREATS RIGHT HERE.
Before leaving I would like to welcome Ali at Musings of a Senior Kitty for being the newest member at Crotchety Cougars. I will have your membership card out to you right smartly my friend, meanwhile friends take a peek at Ali’s blog.
Before we get started let’s take a minute and honour Butter Lovin Boomer from Da Tabbies of Trout Towne.
KALI…..ORANGE I’ll see you again someday Boomer. May your steps be light and the butter lead your way home Boomer.
Boomer aka Bum, was born on May 1 of 1998. He walked off into the sunset with St. Francis of Assisi on March 7, 2017. Boomer lived for 19 years! That is some life span my friend. He must’ve had a mission.
Now, let’s get on with the Friday fill-ins co-hosted by Ellen Of 15 and Meowing and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader.
I will answer the first 2 sentences and Shoko will tackle the last 2 sentences
1. I hope …BLUE BLOODS….. gets renewed for another season. MOM IS SO HAPPY WATCHING TOM SELLECK THAT IT WOULD UPSET HER IF IT WERE CANCELLED. I LIKE IT WHEN MOM IS HAPPY.
2. My first crush was…..GAGE……A JET BLACK KITTY THAT WAS AROUND MY AGE WHEN I WAS A KITTEN. HE LIVED ACROSS THE STREET WHEN WE WERE IN THE OTHER HOUSE. I USED TO GO VISIT HIM AT HIS PLACE AND HE WOULD ROLL ME DOWN THE SLIGHT HILL ON HIS FRONT LAWN. I WAS A BIT ON THE ROLY POLY SIDE WHEN I WAS KITTEN.
Take it away Shoko.
3……BEING IN MY VEGETABLE GARDEN….. usually makes me…..SUPER HAPPY. UNLESS, THERE IS SNOW ALL OVER THE GARDEN.
4. If I were a super-hero, I would be…..CATWOMAN. I WOULD DRESS UP IN TIGHT FITTING JEANS AND SWING MY WAY ACROSS TOWN LOOKING FOR PEEPS THAT HURT ANIMALS AND HURT THEM BACK.
There you have it our fill-ins for this Friday
May the mouse you’re chasing blow you kisses
from the opposite side of the fence.
Normally this is a happy blog and a place of sanctuary from the battering of life but last night Easy left us for the Rainbow Bridge. We adored Easy and he was a good friend to us girls, often offering us DIY info. When you get down to it, Easy was a friend to all in Blogville. He loved everyone. Thanks Sammy of, One Spoiled Cat. You have managed to put together a beautiful tribute picture for us to remember him by.
We loved Easy and will always adore his memory. At this sad time, a picture keeps popping up in mom’s mind and it warms her heart. We wish to share it with you and it is meant in love and respect. Every time mom looks at this picture of Easy arriving at Shoko’s 7th Gotcha Day Party from France, she gets a smile on her face. We hope it brings a smile to your face also.
Today is the last day for the Blogville Pawlympics. The closing ceremony can be found at Frankly and Ernestly Speaking’s blog. It was a wonderful summer diversion that Kali and I appreciated. We entered three events as this was our first time in the Pawlympics.
Our first event was Lexi the Schnauzer’s Razzberies/ Tongue Curling. Many of our friends were entered and we performed like pros. Kali was actually ticked at mom and getting ready to mew, loudly.
We were also entered in Easy”s Olympig event…Tuneful Farting.
I didn’t know it was called Tuneful Farting….I thought it was Tuning into Hearts…like the Queen of Hearts. We would then sing. A lady doesn’t go around farting Shoko. We don’t even talk about those things. Well, what do you do when you have gas…blow up like a balloon from holding it in? Then we could enter you in the Macy”s Parade. MOL How rude Shoko! We excuse ourselves and go into the bathroom. No putting about the house, eh? No way. We’ll continue this fascinating fart talk later Kali.
First up was Kali singing through her butt. MOL You are gross Shoko. I was embarrassed but it was all in fun.
I followed Kali with some explosive artwork. We won first place in the cat Category. We were the only cat entries Shoko! Wait…..Madi entered too. Who’s Madi? She is awesome and a great friend at Cat Scouts. Our last entry was Fly Fishing at Dezizworld blog.
My fast paced entry was next. We walked away with gold again for our participation and efforts. Our first introduction to the Blogville Pawlympics was a positive one.
Now on to The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie. Simply click on the hosting blog to visit more anipals posing for you. It’s a coke kinda of a day my friends.
Tomorrow I’m off to get a tooth pulled, please purr for me my friends.