Tyebe are you hiding behind the ferns……well get outta there girl. I’ll chase you around the backyard, cause I’m the monster from the lane. ARRRGGGHH! He’ll never find her in the ferns. She went in the house about an hour ago. Budd fell asleep in the garden and lost track of her. mol Younguns! I think Budd’s bellowing for me but I’m tired so I don’t give a whisker what he wants.
Where is that girl. Ohhhh the bed looks inviting. This is the place for my art.
This is a great place for a mid-afternoon nappy pooh.
Mom used Lunapic Illusion at 53% for this effect. It’s bold but I do stand out.
Come see us at Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty. Better yet jump in and join us with your art of the day.
SHOKO…..BLACK BUDD……….GARDEN GREEN TYEBE………ROYAL BLUE
I’s wanna try again Shokos, *hic*. Ok, you can Tyebe. Just relax. Let me tell everyone where to go first, Shokos. Hmmm, that doesn’t sound very polite, Tyebe. What me’s means is yous should go to The Cat On My Head to view the other anipals posing for yous pleasure or better yet join in the fun with yous selfie.
I’s was busy outside in the backyard again today but mes did take a couple of selfies.
Me scared meself with this closeup! I’s didn’t know mes nose was so big.
The other pictures weren’t much better so mes lost the magic touch. Shokos came to the rescue and took our picture together. She is smart. See we actually get along but don’t tell mom. We like freaking her out. mol *hic*
You got the shovel Kali? What for Shoko? Well, we gotta dig a hole to get mom into…..this is going to take a while. What are you doing with that trowel…we need real shovels that can dig lotsa dirt at one time. We’ll be digging from now till winter with a trowel. I don’t like this Shoko….we’ll never get mom to go sit in a hole…..while we throw dirt at her. Then she’s going to be annoyed and we won’t see treats for some time to come. Hmm…you got a point ghosty sister of mine. Let’s just forget it till we have a better plan.
Another Fryday with another Fill-In from Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader. These two gals think up two sentences each for us to fill in. The first two are from 15 and Meowing and the last two are from McGuffy’s Reader. Pretty clever, eh?
I made a fort between the pillows in bed….I’m comfy how bout you?
1. A recurring dream I have is….. THAT BUDDY VISITS ON A BEAUTIFUL HORSE AND WE GO RIDING IN THE BACK LANE. OH MY I’M GETTING EXCITED….He is gorgeous! Buddy is fromTomcat Commentary by TimLook at those basket eyes…hehehe….I love em so much I could rip some of his furs out to take to my basket and dream of him I. On second thought we don’t need the horse. We’d probably use our claws to get up on the horse and the horse would bolt….leaving us on our heads on the ground. MOL
2. Turn…..HYPOALLERGENIC WET FOOD….. into …..DELI ROAST TURKEY….. AND I’D BE A HAPPY CAMPER.Mom does her best to get me to eat and sometimes I’m absolutely fascinated by the lengths she’ll go to and I absent- mindedly eat the slop.
My turn Kali….I must express myself before I burst. MOL
3. CAPPY-TAN….. is driving me crazy! He waits outside our door for one of us to come outside, He even sings to us. Myself, I think he’s not neutered and is ready to get his MEW off.
4. Lately, I have been….HAPPY TO STAY AROUND THE BACKYARD AND INVESTIGATE BUGS IN THE GARDEN…… a stroll is wonderful when the weather is beautiful and warm but when the wind’s howling, the backyard with the six foot fence is the place to play.
There you have it my friends, our opinions on today’s fill-ins.
Strictly the views of the occupants of Fort Meezer.
Ellen from 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader have given us four sentences to fill in with the way we see things. We plan to take turns and let you know how we feel.SHOKO…..BLACK KALI……ORANGE
A law I would like to see passed is…….a law making Catnip, British Columbia’s national plant. Then give every cat here, their very own plant.Life as it is today.
2. My favorite card game is…..Go Fish…I love fishing. I f I could catch a salmon….I’d be set for life.We’re waiting patiently for the fish to drop from the sky. Mom says that the mama fish drops a whole pile of eggs and then they hatch. C’mon a whole bunch of eggs drop into the pool. We’re waiting. MOLOk Kali my turn..you go rest your paws.
3. With Summer unofficially here, …...planting the veggie garden is a must as the weather is warm so the plants will sprout ahead when the rains come.
Here I am in the pea patch last year. Such a peaceful place to sleep.
4. A favourite Summer memory is……catching mice over at the retired mechanic’s backyard. I can sleep under the vehicles. or stalk mice. His backyard is way more fun than ours.
There you have it my friends. This was cool so thanks to Ellen and Anna for this opportunity.
They say Spring has sprung. Well Spring is struggling to stay out around here, She keeps hiding and letting a dress of white occupy the backyard. We don’t even want to see another picture of this dress….months and months we watched nature give us the Winter whites. Yuck…no more mom! Bring on the sunshine and flowers. Come on let’s exam the garden for signs of life. Hey, dad’s digging over my veggie garden. The ground is no longer frozen. High five, Kali!!
The tulips are peeking out. Bad news mom….the weeds seem to be posing for the picture. Guess we’ll be out weeding before long. 2nd year buds are on the transplanted lilac bush. Mom’s never seen the bald headed, tattooed man she got it from again. Someone told mom it takes a good three years for transplanted lilacs to have flowers. We shall see.
Look at the nip buds!! Dad said he had to re-net the nip….there were layers of cat hair on it. Dang visitors…..we wouldn’t do that!!
Here is our last sign of Spring in the backyard. It’s my Hawaiian collar that I lost in December! Now that the snow’s gone, dad found it. The red suits me…my favourite collar. I thought it was gone for good.
Oh cwap! Kali’s found a new kitten in the neighbourhood. She seems to like him. Another sign of Spring…new kittens in the area. This guy looks to be 5 months though. Get away from him Kali….we don’t need anymore visitors!! Our nip is getting too hairy. A further sign of spring are the puddles but no ice.
There you have it friends, the signs of spring around our place and our first walk of the year in the Lane.
Did you say dad made this, mom? He did a pretty good job. I like it. There’s a comfy bed in there too.
Let’s head out for a walk mom. Kali, how bout you? The backyard is looking pretty good. Perhaps a wee jaunt along the Lane is just what I need.
Looks like Cow-Kitty’s coming too.
Remember the neglected house?
The city crew came by yesterday and cut back the grass and up and coming new trees. They also stripped the apple tree as it was full of apples and an attraction for bears getting ready to hibernate. Mom say’s the owner will be paying a hefty sum for the city maintenance crew to clear the property.
The crew picked a bowl of organic apples and gave them to us. Of course all the apples are organic as they’re just plain neglected.
These are the sweetest and most vermin free apples mom’s tasted in quite awhile.
Cow-Kitty is playing with me in the dead leaves.
Let’s take a stroll through the Lane. Our neighbours worked and got rid of some trees earlier during the summer. There was a loud racquet for days coming from this backyard. This is what they added. A wire fence or a section of it. Looks like some peeps are ready to play hockey out here. These folk had a B & E early last year and this is their protection now, a new fence where everybody can walk around it.
The lane dressed for fall in orange and yellow with a tad of green. These trees are tired of the orange and yellow and are darned near nekked already!
I’m coming mom. Slow down I gotta read the newspaper and find out who’s been here. Spot the Siamese! MOL Pretty good hiding place, eh? I still can’t catch a mouse though….I’ve tried everything…cwap! Ahhhh….feels good to lay down.
Kali is doing her best impression of Robert De Niro in Taxidriver, “You lookin’ at ME?”
Here is a slightly blurry picture of Cow-Kitty looking proud as punch. Yep, you’re right, this is a pile of dirt on Showkali Island. Cow-Kitty was sleeping in here when mom got up this morning so she took him a bowl of Purrfect Bistro Duck Pate. He proceeded to gobble it up and then he buried his bowl. Mom had never seen this before have you?