You got the shovel Kali? What for Shoko? Well, we gotta dig a hole to get mom into…..this is going to take a while. What are you doing with that trowel…we need real shovels that can dig lotsa dirt at one time. We’ll be digging from now till winter with a trowel. I don’t like this Shoko….we’ll never get mom to go sit in a hole…..while we throw dirt at her. Then she’s going to be annoyed and we won’t see treats for some time to come. Hmm…you got a point ghosty sister of mine. Let’s just forget it till we have a better plan.
Another Fryday with another Fill-In from Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader. These two gals think up two sentences each for us to fill in. The first two are from 15 and Meowing and the last two are from McGuffy’s Reader. Pretty clever, eh?
1. A recurring dream I have is….. THAT BUDDY VISITS ON A BEAUTIFUL HORSE AND WE GO RIDING IN THE BACK LANE. OH MY I’M GETTING EXCITED…. He is gorgeous! Buddy is from Tomcat Commentary by Tim Look at those basket eyes…hehehe….I love em so much I could rip some of his furs out to take to my basket and dream of him I. On second thought we don’t need the horse. We’d probably use our claws to get up on the horse and the horse would bolt….leaving us on our heads on the ground. MOL
2. Turn…..HYPOALLERGENIC WET FOOD….. into …..DELI ROAST TURKEY….. AND I’D BE A HAPPY CAMPER. Mom does her best to get me to eat and sometimes I’m absolutely fascinated by the lengths she’ll go to and I absent- mindedly eat the slop.
My turn Kali….I must express myself before I burst. MOL
3. CAPPY-TAN….. is driving me crazy! He waits outside our door for one of us to come outside, He even sings to us. Myself, I think he’s not neutered and is ready to get his MEW off.
4. Lately, I have been….HAPPY TO STAY AROUND THE BACKYARD AND INVESTIGATE BUGS IN THE GARDEN…… a stroll is wonderful when the weather is beautiful and warm but when the wind’s howling, the backyard with the six foot fence is the place to play.
Ellen from 15 and Meowing and Annie from McGuffy’s Reader have given us four sentences to fill in with the way we see things. We plan to take turns and let you know how we feel. SHOKO…..BLACK
2. My favorite card game is…..Go Fish…I love fishing. I f I could catch a salmon….I’d be set for life. We’re waiting patiently for the fish to drop from the sky. Mom says that the mama fish drops a whole pile of eggs and then they hatch. C’mon a whole bunch of eggs drop into the pool. We’re waiting. MOL Ok Kali my turn..you go rest your paws.
They say Spring has sprung. Well Spring is struggling to stay out around here, She keeps hiding and letting a dress of white occupy the backyard. We don’t even want to see another picture of this dress….months and months we watched nature give us the Winter whites. Yuck…no more mom! Bring on the sunshine and flowers. Come on let’s exam the garden for signs of life. Hey, dad’s digging over my veggie garden. The ground is no longer frozen. High five, Kali!!
The tulips are peeking out. Bad news mom….the weeds seem to be posing for the picture. Guess we’ll be out weeding before long. 2nd year buds are on the transplanted lilac bush. Mom’s never seen the bald headed, tattooed man she got it from again. Someone told mom it takes a good three years for transplanted lilacs to have flowers. We shall see.
Here is our last sign of Spring in the backyard. It’s my Hawaiian collar that I lost in December! Now that the snow’s gone, dad found it. The red suits me…my favourite collar. I thought it was gone for good.
Oh cwap! Kali’s found a new kitten in the neighbourhood. She seems to like him. Another sign of Spring…new kittens in the area. This guy looks to be 5 months though. Get away from him Kali….we don’t need anymore visitors!! Our nip is getting too hairy. A further sign of spring are the puddles but no ice.
There you have it friends, the signs of spring around our place and our first walk of the year in the Lane.
Did you say dad made this, mom? He did a pretty good job. I like it. There’s a comfy bed in there too.
The city crew came by yesterday and cut back the grass and up and coming new trees. They also stripped the apple tree as it was full of apples and an attraction for bears getting ready to hibernate. Mom say’s the owner will be paying a hefty sum for the city maintenance crew to clear the property.
The crew picked a bowl of organic apples and gave them to us. Of course all the apples are organic as they’re just plain neglected.
Let’s take a stroll through the Lane. Our neighbours worked and got rid of some trees earlier during the summer. There was a loud racquet for days coming from this backyard. This is what they added. A wire fence or a section of it. Looks like some peeps are ready to play hockey out here. These folk had a B & E early last year and this is their protection now, a new fence where everybody can walk around it.
I’m coming mom. Slow down I gotta read the newspaper and find out who’s been here. Spot the Siamese! MOL Pretty good hiding place, eh? I still can’t catch a mouse though….I’ve tried everything…cwap! Ahhhh….feels good to lay down.
Here is a slightly blurry picture of Cow-Kitty looking proud as punch. Yep, you’re right, this is a pile of dirt on Showkali Island. Cow-Kitty was sleeping in here when mom got up this morning so she took him a bowl of Purrfect Bistro Duck Pate. He proceeded to gobble it up and then he buried his bowl. Mom had never seen this before have you?
Is everybody ready for the final vote. Kali and I must thank all our friends for the fantastic names.
There are going to be two different polls. Confusing eh? There will be names for the fence surrounding the backyard and the grounds or backyard.
The first choice is the fence area:
The second choice will be for the grounds or backyard itself:
Kali and I will decide on the name for our wee abode.
We are excited….our joint will have a gorgeous name.
By the way, mom was out talking with Cow-kitty’s father today. She asked all the important questions such as, how old is he, is he a he or a she, what’s his name, when do you feel he should be fixed. You know the crucial questions.