One very sunny day here in the north. Both Shoko and I ran outside first thing this morning when the temperature was 2C. It is now 8C with a huge yellow ball in the sky but Shoko has ducked back inside. Shoko, you look kinda fuzzy……pull yourself together sis.
Mom wants Shoko to get fresh air so out Shoko goes.
1. ANTS… makes my skin crawl. WE DON’T EVEN HAVE PICTURES OF ANTS….THEY ARE RARELY TO BE FOUND AROUND HERE. Mr. Goggle supplied one for us to show you.
2. I enjoy …..A DUST BATH IN SUMMER.
3. I consider myself…..A KEEN WILDLIFE EXPERT.. I’m in the bushes behind the Kit Kat Klub where many a mouse has been found. The Kit Kat Klub has never had a mouse cause all us kitties that use the Lane keep the Klub free of vermin.
4. MOUSIES….. and TREATS….. ARE NOT A GOOD MIX. YOU’D THINK THEY WOULD BE, BUT NO WAY. THE TASTE IS STOMACH TURNING.
There is no way I am showing you a picture of me barfing. So here I am burping with some daintiness.
BUUUURRRRP! S’cuse me for the belch my friends! It was suppose to be dainty. Well, it sure wasn’t dainty, Tyebe Guess dad is wearing off on me.
Here it is the beginning of October! Where did summer go? We had a week of very hot weather in June where 500 people died in BC because of the heat, It shows you what heat can do to a relatively cool area. We now have a mobile A/C in case hell comes back to visit.
Me laying on the clothes hamper in June. I was searching for someplace cool.
We are joining Comedy Plus for Wordless Wednesday. click on the name or the badge and visit Comedy Plus and a whole bunch of your friends,
Phenny, Nellie and their mom are co-hosting Stew Season with us. Do on whip over to their place and see what they and their friends are offering today. Just click on their names in red.
Time now, for the season of the stew. We thought we’d try something simple and easy to make. This is from a recipe on-line.
SIMPLE BEEF STEW
1 tbsp.. vegetable oil
1 lb. stewing beef…cut into bite sized pieces
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups assorted vegetables (carrots, onions, celery, potatoes and/or any leftover veggies in your fridge) We pulled out some frozen pea pods from last year and threw them in the mixture.
1 can beef broth or consommé. Consommé has more body to it.
1 can of tomato sauce with basil, garlic and oregano.
Bring on over the stewing beef, Tyebe. Here you go Shokorooney. mol Don’t call me that! I hate that name. I know…mol mol
Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in large skillet or fry pan over medium high heat. Add meat and salt. Cook 5 minutes, stirring until browned on all sides. Remove from frying pan.
At this stage I chose the stew for the crock pot. If, it was cooked on the stove it would be ready (ya, right) in 55 minutes! I could not imagine such a tough meat being cooked so fast so I chose the recipe for the crock pot.
Put braised stewing meat in crockpot. Followed by the rest of the vegetables, consommé and tomato sauce. Stir to combine. Cook on LOW for 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. or until meat is tender
Mom and dad like their carrots a little firmer so we put them in about an hour before time was done.
REVIEW by mom and dad
Tyebe and Shoko did an excellent job of making the stew. The size of the meat and vegetables was just right. The meat was as soft and tender to eat as beef tenderloin. The peapods were a perfect addition. However, dad and I found that the tomato sauce overwhelmed the taste of the meat and the vegetable. Next time they can omit the sauce and add a couple of tomatoes.
Powered by Linky Tools
Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…
We are joining Comedy Plus for Feline Friday. Simply hit the applicable blogs with your mouse and you’ll be there.
1. So far this year, I have accomplished….GETTING OUTSIDE EVERYDAY. Even in the winter I Was outside…..not for long but I was outside..
2. My plans for October include…..BEING THE COCA COLA KID ON HALLOWEEN EVE and MAKING MOM AND DAD LAUGH
3. CATCHING A MOUSE… may be difficult, but it’s worth it.
4. I don’t think I’ll ever master CLIMBING A TREE. I don’t like to be too high. The bark sticks into my paw pads too.
Shoko will now give her Meezerism of the day, Take it away Shoks.
“THE CAT WHO CAN CATCH HIS OWN FISH HAS CONQUERED HUNGER.”