Good Bye, The Canadian Cats are signing off.

I am Bill Neilson the husband of Jean Neilson the creator of the Canadian Cats. Jean has had a Stroke and has lost her Artistic values and has little interest in the computer. We will leave the site up, but will not posting any more.

Shoko and Tyebe are still a lot of fun and living well now spring has com.

59 thoughts on “Good Bye, The Canadian Cats are signing off.

1. databbiesotrouttowne

Jean; I’m so very sorry. God’ strength and blessings to you, and to you as well Bill. I understand how difficult this time is for you both, and will keep you in my prayers. Love to you both and to shoks and ty as well …always ~~~~ ♥♥♥♥ Laura and da tabbies

2. Erin, the Literary Cat.

Dear Jean and Bill. We will miss your visits, and Shoko and Tybe’s adventures. Our doors are always open should you wish to nip round for tea, either here on the blog, or in the UK. Thank you Bill for sharing this news. I understand how difficult things will be, and we hope that our thoughts and wishes to you both will be both of comfort and strength in the years ahead. Also, please know, from our hearts, it has been a pleasure reading and sharing your little part of Canada.
    Purrs
    Erin the Cat, Mrs Hudson and Mark

Liked by 2 people

3. Genevieve Petrillo

Hope you all stay brave and get stronger every day. We will miss following our kitty friends’ adventures. Love and prayers and happy healing thoughts are coming your way.

Love,
    Cupcake and Mom

Please let us not say goodbye. I have hope that Jean will want to blog again. I am praying for her , you and the kitties. XO

5. Judy & Andy

I am so sorry Jean. We love you and will be praying and purring for you. You will be missed at Cat Scouts. Love, Judy & Andy

6. The J-Cats

We are so sorry to read this. We will keep Jean in our hearts and prayers and hope that one day, she will be able to return to blogging. Please let Jean know we will all miss her. Love to you both, and to the kitties.
    Shimona and the J-Cats

This totally breaks my heart. Jean does not deserve all the pain and suffering she has endured. I will pray that with time her condition will improve, and she will be able to get back to doing things she has enjoyed in the past. Our Cooper Murphy is going to miss seeing his girl friend Tyebe at Scouts and here on the blog. He and I are sending all our love, hugs and prayers to Jean, you, Tyebe and Shoko. You will be in our hearts. 💗😘😻🙏🏻

8. Cecilia Upchurch

Bill thank you for letting us know.
    Please thank Jean for all her lovely work with the Crotchety Cougars. She gave our old girls a new lease on life with fun trips and even a cruise. They all had more fun than any felines should ever have. In fact, Angel Madi had a bigger social life than I did. I’ll part by expressing my thoughts of Jean with the letters of her name,
    Joyful
    Enjoyed new recipes.
    Always made me smile with her words
    Never will I forget her for her kindness

With healing thoughts and prayers
    Cecilia aka Mom to Angel Madi

9. BellaDharma an BellaSita Mum

Deerest Miss Jean an Mistur Bill iss BellaDharma here…
    Wee are so devvystated to reed THE sad mewss…..
    BellaSita Mum iss cryin her face off so mee stepped inn to meow to youss; today!
    Wee wish ONLY GUUD thingss fore Miss Jean….bettur health an peece an maybee one day to just pop up here an rite a bit or post a foto or 2…..
    Wee will miss Shoko’s Meezerismss an Tyebe’ss quirky sense of humour…
    Miss Jean iss one of BellaSita’ss ferst frendss here on WerdPress. Miss Jean stuck bye her thru’ thick an thin! ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤
    Wee are here…you can allwayss email us @ KittyChick@protonmail.com
    Wee will ***purr*** an purray fore Miss Jean to get as bettur as shee can an to feel more like herself.
    An Mistur Bill wee pray fore you to have strength an stuff to take care of yore Guud Lady Wifey!
    Shoko an Tyebe WEE LOVE YOUSS' both SO-O much!! Take guud care of Miss jean Okay???
    ~~~head rubsss~~~BEllaDharma an gentell {{{huggiess}}} bellaSita Mum

10. catladymac

Oh we ae so sorry to hear this ! Please give love and hugs to Jean and Shoko and Tyebe. We have so enjoyed their adventures over the years. Thanks for letting us know – and we will continue to pray for her recovery. Koshka who ran the blog about Abyssinian cats from Sweden had a severe brain bleed last fall and has made unbelievable progress, so please keep hope in your hearts ! We know the kitties will be some good therapy too.

Thanks so much for letting us know Bill. Both of you are in our prayers. Give her a big hug from me if you can (!) – she is well loved by so many. Hope you will stay in touch.

Love, Pam

12. noodle4president

This is so sad. Our hearts are with all of you and we pray that Jean is comfortable. I’m not sure if her mental capacity has changed or if it’s just her physical body that’s been affected but please tell her that it was a great honor being her blogging friend and I will never forget her or her unwavering kindness. Love, Samantha, Noodle, Macy and Molly

13. DashKitten

I was sad to hear of Jean’s condition and that the cats will not be online any more. Yes, please leave the blog up and I will come to visit because they have been part of my life for so long. People do not realise what a gift the blogs of our cat friends can be.

Bill, thank you for posting. Give the regards of Dash Kitten’s cats to Jean, Shoko and Tyebe, we wil miss them more than I can say.

14. John Bellen

Though I am not a regular reader of this blog, it is distressing to read of Jean’s stroke, and its effects. I wish her an easy and complete recovery, and wish her family the strength to help her and themselves in this terrible ordeal. God bless you.

15. Memories of Eric and Flynn

I am so sorry to hear this, but thank you for letting us know. We have enjoyed the blog over the years and Jean, Shoko and Tybe will be missed. I hope Jean makes an improvement in time, and maybe one day she will feel well enough to leave a post to let us know how she is. My love to you both

16. Service Cats US

Oh Bill, please let us know if there’s anything we can do. Tell Jean we love her and give everybody hugs from all of us. Y’all are as always in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love ya’
    Audra, RaenaBelle and Zebby

17. Leah

I’m so sorry to hear this. I hope there is some way for Jean to heal, and perhaps return to posting. We send hopes and purrs … You will be missed.

18. Cathy Keisha

Sending healing purrz that Jean makes a fully recovery in time. I’m going to miss Shoko’s snarky comments on my posts and Tyebe. Thanks for posting and letting us know. Tell Jean how everyone loves her and is pulling for her.

19. Yvonne

So sorry to hear Jean is ill. Sending love and prayers from me and Angel Nibbler ( she sends love from the bridge), bailey and blossom.

Just this morning I was thinking about Jean and the food posts she and the weimies led. I’ve missed seeing Shoko and Tyebe, and noticed there weren’t any comments, so I was concerned something had happened. Shame on me for not reaching out. Please give Jean my love and many prayers and well wishes coming her way as well as for you. Oh, and if you would, you might mention to Tyebe and Shoko that their pup friends from Tennessee miss them, maybe while you’re petting them. Amy

21. cat9984

We are so sorry to hear about Jean’s stroke. Thank you for letting us know. Take care of yourselves. We enjoyed the time we spent together. Purrs, Snoops, Kommando Kitty, and Cathy (My maiden name is Neilson. My grandfather came to Michigan through Canada. I bet we’re related somewhere in the distance.)

22. angelajb

I’m so sorry to hear about Jean. Shoko and Tyebe are so cute and funny. I will miss this blog. POTP from Bunty from Cat Scouts, Prayers from mommy Angela

23. Dalton,Benji aka Meezer’s Mews & Terrieristical Woofs

Miss Jean you will be very missed, and we pups and us angel kitties will miss seeing you all around in Blogville.
    Shoko and Tyebe take care of your Mom with lots of snuggles and purrs,and save some for your sweet Dad too.

You all are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Love and hugs.

((((((((( ♥ ))))))))))

Petcretary Ingrid, Dalton, Benji and Angels Pipo & Minko

24. The Oceanside Animals

Charlee: “We’re very sorry to hear this news.”
    Lulu: “Our Dada had one of those stroke things a few years ago so we know how scary they are.”
    Chaplin: “We Hipsters send lots of purrs for all of you and for Jean’s recovery.”
    Java Bean: “And we dogs send lots of tail wags!”

25. Lavinia Ross

I am sorry to hear that Jean has had a stroke. My heart goes out to you and your family. Hopefully she can recover with time. Shoko and Tyebe will be a comfort to her.

26. suzannedunaway

Oh, what sad news for you and all of those who followed the blog with delight. Let’s hope that there might be recovery in some way because of so many new treatments for stroke victims. Hugs from us and many.

27. Lisa

We are so sad to hear about Jean. You are in our prayer and will miss you and the girls at cat scouts. We are praying for healing and that you will be able to return to scouts. We love you and miss you.
    Love Lisa and Cat

28. Turtle Lover

Thank you for your update and sending many prayers your way! I appreciate this blog for a long time and I will miss it. You brought joy to my life. ((hugs))

29. Crystal

Daisy Mae and I are so sad you have to sign off. We really liked your site. You’ll be missed.
    Sorry about Jean. Wishing you both and the cats the best.
    Crystal & Daisy Mae

30. angelswhisper2011

Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear this sad news. We know how much Jean loved to tell her stories and she did that with the greatest humor, cause we always had big fun to be around here. We hope that she still can enjoy the kitties, because we don’t want to think that she couldn’t😿Please wish her all the best, Bill, and for you much strenghts as we know that this isn’t easy for you too. Healing Pawkisses are on the way for Jean and a big Pawkiss for my furriends Shoko and Tyebe. You’re in our hearts and in our thoughts dear furriends *whipes tears* 🐾😽💞

31. Carol Lowbeer

Thank you for letting us know about Jean. She and I had some lively correspondence a while back and I am so sorry to hear this. Grateful for the years and. years she shared her cat passions and stories with us. I am glad to hear the kitties are well!