In Purrsuit of Flavours…..Youthful Yummies

We are hosting In Purrsuit of Flavours with Da Phenny and Nelly from Easy Blog. You should pop over to their joint and see what they whipped up for todays offerings.

Do you have everything we need Tyebe?  Check, Shoks!

SHOKO…..BLACK
TYEBE…..ROYAL BLUE
DA PHENNY…..NEON PINK

We are making Youthful Yummies and this calls for:

wieners,
cheese,
bacon

There’s not much to it, Shoko. Not really.  I’ll bet gramma liked it cause it was so easy….no fuss no mess.

Phenny says he’ll stay and help us. There’s not much to do though, Phenny. There is always lots of little EXTRAS that need to be done to ensure a suceessful recipe. Like these wieners must be sliced down the very middle about 3/4 of the way through the wiener with a very sharp paring knife. I’ll hold the wiener and Tyebe you can slice it. Owwwwww! You cut into my serving paw, Tyebes. Oh no….it felt like a wienie to me, Phenny. Quick Shoko bring in the first aid kit. Phenny has an injury.  Good idea for me to stick the first aid kit so close to the kitchen.

There you go Phenny. You’re as good as new.  You two are a hazard in the kitchenOh Phenny you hurt our feelings we really didn’t mean to let the knife slip,  Shoko must not have got all the olive oil off it from the last time we used it.  I’ll talk to her about it.

Woops, mom cut your hat off. C’mon mom try to cheer Phenny up. No I don’t think he wants a wienie mom.

Throw the bloody wienie away Tyebe.  We’ll be very careful when we cut the rest of the wieners.  They look good.  Mom didn’t have cheese bricks but she had garlic and herb cheese slices.  I got 3 slices per wienie.  You just fold them in half and they break unevenly…..dang cheese.  *stuffs cheese into wienie slot*  There we go….cheese inside the wienie.

I want to put a herb on the wienie….any herb you like.  We will put thyme on the cheese and around the slit in wiener.

Now, the bacon needs some browning…..just a bit so the bacon is still pliable but also cooked a bit.  I got our our trusty frying pan and put  our bacon in the pan to sizzle.  This takes all of 10 minutes.

Now let the bacon cool a bit.  I know….sing the Oscar Mayer wiener song and the bacon will be cool enough to put in place.  You know…♫♫My wiener has a first name….♫♫

Now wrap the bacon around your wienie. We have one slice per wiener. Sometimes we get a tad carried away browning the bacon and then the bacon doesn’t want to wrap. Isn’t that right Tyebe? Sorry, I forgot how fast the bacon cooked. mol Anyway if you find the bacon is stiff you can use toothpicks to stick the bacon around the meat. The other thing we did was just place the bacon in the slit.

The cooking temperature and amount of time was a guess as gramma never did mention how long to cook these guys. Shoko put the oven on at 350 and cooked them until the cheese melted. That’s roughly 10 to 15 minutes.

We are also joining Sandee at Wordless Wednesday on Comedy Plus.  Please stop by and say howdy to the list of blogs there.

BONY PETITE

Powered by Linky Tools

Click here to enter your link and view this Linky Tools list…

39 thoughts on “In Purrsuit of Flavours…..Youthful Yummies

1. easyweimaraner

that is a super cool idea and it is perfect for a party… I bet that’s the furst thing where da plate is empty ;O) …and thanks for the band aid, I will use my teeth next time instead a knife ;O)

2. Zoolatry

No salt, no cholesterol, no calories! We’ll take three or four, fries on the side purr-please.
    OMC, yums.
    [and an extra side of b-b-bacon if there’s some lefty-overs!]

3. Molly the Airedale

Mom and her brother were comparing notes on Easter of what they remember mom making most of and hotdogs was one of the items along with Kraft mac-n-cheese and noodleroni and rice-a-roni and all sorts of boxed dinners. Mom never put bacon on our hotdogs and now I feel so cheated! LOL

4. Sandee

Oh these are most delicious. They are also good on a tortilla. Yummy.

Free range. I laughed out loud.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday. Scritches all around and a hug to mom. ♥

5. Timmy Tomcat

We LOVE Hot Doggies with Cheese and Bacon! Dad put them on the shopping list so we can enjoy this next week. We did Hamburger Goulash. The Linky only lets you post a few letters for the post name. Kind of a shame. Purrs

Lordy me….really!! That’s no good if it only takes about 4 letters for the title. It was probably me screwing up, Timmy.. I am so sorry. Next time I’ll make sure everyone can hop properly. Hop on over!!

Jean

Mom said she’s going to stop feeling bad about how bad for you the Pepsi is. This is a heart attack waiting to happen! But we bet it was dee lishus!! Hey Mom, will you make us some of those? XOX Xena and Lucy

Diet Pepsi is mom’s favourite cola. No judgement passing here. We can’t afford it! Now, do you remember Laverne and Shirley? Laverne’s idea of 1/2 milk and 1/2 Pepsi intrigued mom but she never had the nerve to do it? Did you ever try it?

Tyebe

Mom remembers that show, but not that drink mixture. Sounds gross at first, but then think of it like a melted ice cream soda and it sounds much better. So why not just use ice cream!?

7. BellaDharma an LadyMew

Mew mew mew what a time youss; had inn THE kitchen Tyebe an Shoko an Phenny!!
    Them weiniess with cheeze an bacon look yummy!
    LadyMew sayss add sum relish an you made a Whissel Dog like A an W used to make back inn THE 70’ss…..
    ***purrss*** BellaDahrma an ❤ LadyMew

1. BellaDharma an LadyMew

It sure was Miss Jean…back inn THE 60’ss too an THE 70’ss an 80’ss. That was THE only way LadyMew wuud eat a hot dog!
        THE A&W’ss still in business make them but they changed bacon an cheeze an they not so guud now!
        Yoress look so-o guud! 😉

Dang….we have an A and W here too. I was going to try one of theirs. They probably use cheez whiz or something and I never was a cheez whiz fan. Seems to me KFC chicky doesn’t have the same batter either. I guess they got some crumbs etc. that were cheaper and it tastes like it.

A and W and KFC are across the street from each other here. Right convenient.

8. Tails Around the Ranch

Yum…that looks tasty. Cheese always makes everything taste better. Even if there are a couple of drops of blood on one. 😂 A taste of blood never hurt anyone, right? Well except for the owner of the nicked paw.

9. BellaDharma an LadyMew

Mee-yow LadyMew sayss original Whissel Doggiess were THE best. Shee thinkss maybee they are using Cheeze Whiz….an sum sort of peemeal bacon an it was sorta fatty…
    As fore Kay-Eff-C LadyMew has not had that sinece 1989 when shee gotted furry sick from it!
    Shee sayss shee iss “A harvey’ss girl” fur ever Miss Jean 😉

10. Meezer'sMews&TerrieristicalWoofs

Sorry I haven’t been around for a bit…good thing we already had supper, else ‘She’ would want to have some of those,. Mmmm!

And we all about snorted and chortled when we saw that funny meme about ‘Free-Range’!! Yup a freebie and it fell off the range…now you got us singing home on the range…LOL!