Friendly Fill Ins on a Purple Day

Shoko,,,,wake up! Wakey, wakey.                                     C’mon get with it.  What do ya want, Tyebe?  I was having a delightful dream and you were NOT in it but some fine treats were.  There was something called pate….duck too!    Well, it’s time for the Friday Fill Ins of hosts Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs.

Mol!  I always get a large charge outta filling in my thoughts.   OK sis let’s dive in.

1. I never have time to finish ….MY NAP IN THE GARDEN….SOMEBODY ALWAYS WAKES ME UP .

2. My ….CURIOSITY….can …..BE SATISFIED WITH A TRIP UP THE LANE..

3. HAVING FUN…. is a cause that is dear to my heart.

4.  At this very moment, I…..,.am feeling sleepy.

We are also joining Feline Friday over there at Comedy Plus.  Go give Sandee a chuckle.  We all could use a chuckle.  Heck I’d like a belly laugh about now.

Today is also Epilepsy Awareness Day.  This day has a special place in mom’s heart as she has been epileptic since she was a kid.  There are so many out there that are also cast with this dubious honour.  We have both seen mom in action and she always comes out of it very happy to see us.  So let’s give her a special day where awareness is a priority.  Dogs and cats are also may be deeply effected and need meds, understanding and love.

Click on the badge and visit Epilepsy Awareness at Five Sibes blog…..join the blog hop.

Show your support by wearing purple, something purple. Mom is wearing a purple t-shirt with “Bite Me” on it. mol

36 thoughts on “Friendly Fill Ins on a Purple Day

1. franhunne4u

Did you know that Auracuda of Tinykitten-fame has to take seizure medication, too? Epilepsy is a condition that can befall cats, too.
    There was a video of it on TinyTapeworms, but that has been removed.

We are glad there’s a special day to honor those who deal with epilepsy like your Mom. It’s a lot more prevalent than people think. We hope your Mom ALWAYS is safe and secure when she has a seizure. We send her (and you girls) big hugs……………..

Love, Teddy and Mom

3. Cleo

I don’t know anyone who has to deal with this, but I can imagine it’s difficult. Our heart goes out to your mom and everyone else- human, feline or canine- who lives with seizures of any sort.

The seizures are easier to deal with than old fashioned attitudes towards epilepsy. This is where our fuzzy faces are more fortunate but the meds for animals are not as up to date as I’d like to see.

Jean

You know I never saw a seizure for many years in spite of me having grand mal seizures. They are scary as heck!! I knew exactly what I like when I come to so did it for this friend. The main thing to remember during the seizure is the person is not conscious and is unaware of the contortions they are going through. A caring face means everything when one awakens.

Jean

4. Sandee

Great fill-ins. Kitties always do these far better than humans do.

Love the Purple Day awareness. I didn’t know this until Ann
    put it out the other day.

Thank you for joining the Feline Friday Blog Hop.

Have a purrfect Feline Friday and weekend. Scritches all around and a big hug to the mom. ♥

5. Tails Around the Ranch

Great fill-ins. And thank you for being part of the purple community. In addition to Elsa, two nephews in my family have seizures so I’m doubly impacted and appreciate the resources on how to best deal with this condition. Here’s to many seizure free days 💜 💜 💜

Seizure free days are happy days for sure!! Epilepsy and seizure disorders are way more common than most folk realize. The old myths are hard to get out of people’s minds. This is a stigma that can be worse than the disorder.

Jean

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers and I love the photos with them. Be careful snooping in the lane though. Have a nice weekend. XO

Lane snooping is fun!! I can’t wait for mom to be able to open the gate and join us in the Lane. It’s still pretty cool out there for mom. She doesn’t climb trees to keep warm so we won’t see her till the sun warms the earth.

Tyebe

7. Meezer'sMews&TerrieristicalWoofs

Petcretary knows a few…(which is way too many), peeps and furs with this condition. Its scary and hard for those who suffer, and for their families too, of course.

I am sorry that your Mom suffers from this condition.

Our Angel Suki had seizures too, in her last year, she did not have epilepsy, but some inner ear disorder which caused them, in the few years that she suffered them she became so withdrawn, I think she knew she wasn’t right…and the two other cats would beat up on her, so we had to put her in an enclosed area all alone each night so that if she had a seizure she wouldn’t be attacked. She would be incontinent, and drool profusely, and afterwards she was very disoriented. It was very sad and scary.

We loved your fill ins, esp the in the cupboard one, Tyebe!! Petcretary had a dog in her youth who would open a cabinet door in the kitchen and climb right in…on the second shelf, LOL!

Suki does sound like she suffered something awful with her inner ear problem. Who knows why the others attacked her it might have been because of the seizures or something else. A very hard life for Suki. When the disorder is this uncontrollable this is just plain rough. When I was growing up we had a dog with epilepsy and back then there was no medication and the dog had to be euthanized. I was uncontrolled at the time too and I remember thinking if I was a furry I’d be euthanized too! Sad.

This is not a sad blog. Tyebe was doing what came naturally as was your dog. Shoko wouldn’t even attempt to get into tight places but Tyebe is a fish of another colour. mol

Jean

8. BellaDharma an LadyMew

Mee-yow wow wee ,issed Purpull Day! Mee apawlogizess onn behalf of LadyMew an meeself.
    LadyMew had more seezuress last week an shee nevurr got cott up helpin mee vissit bloggiess..
    Wee send lotss of ❤ Love ❤ an **paw kissess** an {{huggiess}} from us here at THE Purrfect Pad.
    BellaDharma an LadyMew

Pee S: Shoko you are so reegal an beeuteefull. Tyebe yore cute as 87 buttonss!!!