In Purrsuit of Flavours…..For 2021!

Holy Catmando, Shoko.  The next  episode of In Purrsuit of Flavours will be the first for 2021.  A new year and new hope brings promise.  What shall we make to honour this new year?  I dunno……how about it Nelly do you have any ideas?

What do you mean….”NO”.   What are we going to do with the leftovers? I know….let’s throw them away and start over again.

I don’t know Tyebe. I don’t think mom would be happy with us throwing food away.  Mom wants to use up the old stuff…..I know… we’ll FREEZE IT!  Then nobody’ll want it Tyebe cause everybody knows it’s old enough to start  growing whiskers.  In fact dad won’t want anything frozen just in case freezing old food has become mom’s pastime.  Bad idea.  In fact let’s help mom clean out the freezer.

SHOKO…..BLACK
TYEBE…..ROYAL BLUE
NELLY…..RED  VIOLET

Hey you two how about sauces.  They can fancy up a so-so dish!  They can be added to foods that are just tiring to have once again.  They almost make the meal taste different….like fancied up!   Good idea, Nelly!

There you have it. Sauces will be the next selection on the menu for Wednesday the 6th of January.

We are also joining Comedy Plus for our version of Wordless Wednesday.

We’ll tell ya what our sauce will be on Monday, We must decide first. This sauce is going to be easy for folk to make.

37 thoughts on “In Purrsuit of Flavours…..For 2021!

We’ll be ready with a special sauce! XOX Lucy
    I have a meezerism for you today, Shoko, since you said mine are so good…”Don’t be too saucy around the cook or you might end up in the stew.” BOL, BOL, BOL! Xena

2. Jean Mueller

It’s cold enough here to defrost the big freezer.Sauces ate a great idea to dress up food that has been in there for a while. Love your humor and photos! Happy New Year, Canadian Cats!😊❤️🍾🥂🎉

3. Eastside Cats

As The Hubby and I are vegans, we don’t cook like regular folks, but we make black bean hummus, which I use as a ‘sauce’ on many things! Thinning it out with apple cider vinegar, it drizzles on roasted vegetables…yum!
    Happy New Year!

4. Sandee

Sauce is a good thing. I’m in and especially if they are easy.

Leftovers aren’t something I like. Rarely do I eat leftovers.

Thank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.

Have a fabulous Wordless Wednesday and a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. ♥

Mom would like an assortment of sauces to choose from in the freezer. However, our little freezer attached to the fridge is full now so we need to unload before bringing in an assortment of sauces.

Doesn’t compute? Are you meat and potatoes peeps? Dad is but mom is wearing him down with ….”Here try this sauce….what do ya think?” Personally, I don’t think he wants to be bothered with a sauce but he doesn’t want to hurt her feelings. mol

5. Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, Cinnamon and Barb

Sauces! That sounds delicious! Our purrsonal favourite is Holindaise! There is nothing like eggs butter and cream to make EVERYTHING taste TERRIFIC! We can wait guys!
    What would we have done without you my friends to make us laugh during these tough times. Here’s to many more years of friendship! Happy New Year
    Purrs
    Marv, Jo Jo, Kozmo, Cinnamon and (especially) Barb

6. franhunne4u

Oooh, ah – well – what to do? (Sorry, never took a photo of my fancy-shmancy cookies for last time).

I could do some fish with mustard sauce – or some eggs with mustard or bechamel sauce – or some lasagna with two vegetable sauces (bechamel with mushrooms and tomato sauce with some bell pepper in it) … so many options. None of this is vegan – the lasagna bechamel sauce contains butter, the other two dishes contain fish/eggs … hm, hm … what to do? So many options!