Saying Good bye

Welcome home girls!  I hear summer camp was a success and you Tyebe were purrmoted to a Cougar at Cat Scouts Yes, I can scare all the mancats with my Cougarness now. mol

MOM…….MAROON
TYEBE…..ROYAL BLUE
SHOKO…..BLACK

Did you read my write up on the Bald Headed Eagle. You really have to listen to their cry mom…..I had a hard time believing it.

Bald Headed Eagle

A majestic bird of prey with a huge wing span of between 1.8 – 2.3 m.  Bald Eagles became endangered in the late 70’s mainly from the use of pesticides like DDT which poisoned their food supply.  They are no longer endangered and flourish through Canada and Alaska, all of the contiguous United States, and northern Mexico.  Adult Bald Eagles have white heads and tails with dark brown bodies and wings. Their legs and bills are bright yellow. Immature birds have mostly dark heads and tails; their brown wings and bodies are mottled with white in varying amounts.  These birds live to be about 20 years old in the wild.

Interesting fact….It’s a scene you’ve probably seen countless times in movies and on TV: An eagle flies overhead and emits a rough, piercing scream. It’s a classic symbol of wilderness and adventure. The only problem? Bald eagles don’t make that sound.

Instead, they emit a sort of high-pitched giggle or a weak scream. These noises are so unimpressive that Hollywood sound editors often dub over bald eagle calls with far more impressive sounds: the piercing, earthy screams of a smaller bird, the red-tailed hawk. If you were a fan of The Colbert Report, you might remember the show’s iconic CGI eagle from the opener—it, too, is making that red-tailed hawk cry.  Go to https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Bald_Eagle/sounds and listen to the sound of a real bald headed eagle as opposed to the Hollywood version.

Mom and dad lived up in Prince Rupert, BC which is on the route of the Bald Headed Eagle to Alaska, the Yukon and the Queen Charlotte Islands.  These hangouts for the Bald Eagles saw many a nest.  Mom liked to talk about the family of Bald Eagles that would inhabit a wooden telephone pole at the very tip which had rotted away…..raise their children and be gone til the following year.  Then they’d raise another batch of kids for the world to admire.  Mom was a city kid and this was her first observation of Bald Eagles in the wild.  Just a wee glimpse at a most fascinating bird…..we hope you want to discover more about America’s symbol for strength and freedom.

Where’s Budd?  I gotta tell him how we did at Camp Mau.  He will be so happy for us.  Do you remember how sick Budd was feeling when you both left for Camp?  Yeah, but we thought he’d sleep while we were gone and feel better by the time we got home.  He got much worse girls.  On Thursday dad and I helped him go the the Rainbow Bridge.  He couldn’t eat or drink…..his time had come.  NO!!!!  Not my……   Tyebe he will always live in your heart….furever.  Do you remember how he walked into our lives 2 years ago when he saw you out playing on the deck?  He loved you with all his heart, Tyebe.  You were the little girl he never had,

Geez, I remember the first time I hissed at Tyebe to keep her in her place.  You know what I mean, mom.

Budd came right up to me and stood over me as if to say….”How dare you hiss at my perfect little girl….you piece of meezer garbage.”  He sure could put me in my place Budd and Tyebe studied the whole backyard together.  Budd introduced Tyebe to nip for the first time.  He was also there so she wouldn’t overindulge.

He had a crush on you Shoko once he got to know you. He thought you were so beautiful and he just wanted to be close to you.

He did, you’re right, mom. He always smelled funny though. Personally, I didn’t like the smell and told him many times. He smelled different cause he was a male, Shoko. He couldn’t help that. He was who he was because of that smell. OH, I never thought of it that way.

He was our angel even back when he first came to us,  I loved him the moment he started to play with me.  He was huge to little me at the time.

This is the picture of Budd we will always remember. He made you into the fine lady you are today, Tyebe.  Budd will be forever in our hearts to guide us through life,

I am so sorry, I forgot to put the badge for Budd designed by Ann of Zoolatry down here.  Please forgive me…..I’ve been overwhelmed with the kind and thoughtful statement of folks and their furries.

112 thoughts on “Saying Good bye

1. The J-Cats

Oh, We can’t bear it! We can’t! Mummy’s eyes are leaking so much She can hardly see the keyboard to type! It seems as if not a day has gone by these last few weeks without one of Our Furriends leaving for the Bridge.
    We remember when Budd first came to live with you, when he finally realised you were his Fur-ever Family. It is a slight comfort to know that in his final years, he had a truly loving home but he should have had many more years with you. He will always live in your hearts – and one day, you will all be reunited.
    Fly free, sweet Budd. We love you and will never forget you.
    We send hugs and purrs of condolence to your family.

1. darlamsands

Oh, I agree. I’m not even a big part of the overall cat blogging community, but Eastside Cats and 15andMeowing have been sharing such news almost daily. I am so sorry for your loss. You obviously gave Budd a great life, for which I commend you.

2. Angelic Clowder

Oh no. We’re so sorry that Budd has gone to meet the rainbow bridge too. Mom is crying and we’re all really sad. We know Budd will stay with you guys forever though. As long as you remember him in your hearts he will never really go away.

3. Meezer'sMews&TerrieristicalWoofs

I am so sorry, Miss Jean and Tyebe and Shoko.
    So unexpected and sudden:(

Rest well, Budd, and soon you will be flying with your strong shiny new wings.
    We are glad you knew true love and had such a great home for the last years of your life.

We feel so sad…we send our love, pawyers and purrs, and the hooligans add their soft aroos.
    ((((( ♥ )))))

We were so fortunate to meet Budd and have 2 whole years to enjoy him and his antics. I never met a guy so protective of another kitty that wasn’t his blood. Shoko would hiss and Budd would rise from his resting position and head straight for her. Shoko got to the point of looking around before she hissed at Tyebe.

Jean

Budd was such a special guy – he found his “forever family” and slowly made his way into your lives in order to have his last years in safety and comfort knowing the love he probably hadn’t had as a street cat. I always loved his face and his beautiful eyes. We are so sad for all of you but bless you for taking Budd into your family. I know you made him as happy as he made you. Sending you all hugs…………..

Love, Pam and Teddy

Liked by 2 people

Thank you Teddy and Pam. Budd did worm his way into the family. Morning meals were a hoppla house here. From the time I got up until the time that sweet tasty food was in his mouth…..Budd would yell his head off. We all got used to it and would just carry on. Yet, I have never met anyone that loved food as much as Budd.

Jean

I always felt Budd was going to be with us for a short time but we had the pleasure of his company. He was a happy lad that enjoyed his new family and he held his own against Shoko. No easy feat!

Jean

5. Brian

We are so, so sorry to hear about dear Budd. Budd was such a special guy and he touched so many hearts across Blogville. Thanks to you all for giving him the loving home he wanted and cherished. Hugs from all of us.

6. Zoolatry (The Human One)

Bye, bye “Cutie Pie” … Budd, I will truly miss you … having so much loved your adorable little face and always wanting to give you a real hug rather than virtual-ones! I wish you happy days, restful naps and lots of sunshine in your new heavenly home.

I will accept those naps and lots of sunshine. I was so happy to have a furever home. I would get in trouble for being aggressive at Shoko but no one held it against me. I was alwaus forgiven and felt like I was loved.

Budd

7. BellaDharma an LadyMew

Mee-noooooo, not yore deer deer Budd cat?!?! Wee are so sad Miss Jean. Seeresulee, wee had NO idea til this mornin. Wee are furry sorry an send our deepest sympaffiess to you an yore Mistur an Tyebe an an Shoko.
    Wee will miss Budd too….butt wee KNOW youss’ will miss much much more….
    *hangss head* BellaDharma an gentell ((huggiess)) LadyMew

1. BellaDharma an LadyMew

Miss Jean an Tyebe an Shoko yore Budd was furry speshell fore sure…An hee had THE BEST 2 yeerss of his Life with all of youss’!! Tha tiss what iss mist impawtent.
        Wee will all wayss reememburr Budd…..all wayss….
        **purrss** BellaDharma an ((huggiess)) LadyMew

8. Genevieve Petrillo

So sad. I remember the way Budd eased his way into your kitty world. He fit himself right into your welcoming home and into our welcoming hearts. RIP, kitty buddy. Prayers for your family to heal. You will be missed.

Love and licks,
    Cupcake

9. tamsinblu

Bud was so fortunate to find a kind and loving home with two fur babe companions. Our angel fur babes live in our hearts until we are all reunited on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge. There are lots of eagles here in our neck of the woods. They sure do sound different than the ones in the movies but I really like the sound of their chatter. Happy New Week, Canadian Cats.😊❤️

1. franhunne4u

Oh, you absolutely did the right, responsible and hardest thing. I was just so surprised. It came out of the blue. I had the same reaction when Quicksilver from seven cats and counting suddenly had to be euthanized this year. (I think it was Quicksilver). They’re down to six cats now. So many felines died this year already who were not senior cats. It’s a dreadful year!

10. Deziz World

Oh No, we are so sorry fur your loss. We so remember when Budd furst came to live with ya’ll. We were so happy to see him gt a pawsum home full of luv. We will miss him. We’re sending lots of hugs and purrayers your way. Ifin you need anythin’, purrlease let us know.

Dezi, Raena and mommy A

11. Memories of Eric and Flynn

Oh no, not Budd! The minute he arrived I fell in love with him. I am sad every time a cat has to leave, but Budd really found his way into my heart. I am so sorry for your loss. I didn’t even realise he was ill, it is such a shock.

This truly makes our hearts hurt. You had Budd in your lives for such a short time. He and all of you deserved so much more. With each new loss, Mom says more and more pieces of her heart break off. We plan on featuring Budd and Polar Bear on a wordy Wednesday post. Mom doesn’t want to wait until Sunday. Cooper was happy to get to spend a little time with Tyebe at camp and apologizes that he was missing some of the time…Mom’s fault, of course. We are sending you all our love and keeping you in our prayers as you grieve. Cooper sends Tyebe whisker kisses and paw hugs.
    XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, angel Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer and Mom Janet
    💓💖💝😿

13. catladymac

Oh no ! We are so sorry to learn that Budd has gone on to his next adventure ! He certainly came to a good place where he was so loved, and will never be forgotten ! Purrayers and POTP to all of you!

14. The Swiss Cats

We’re so sorry to hear that your sweet Budd gained his wings and crossed the Rainbow Bridge. We send you all comforting purrs and gentle headbonks. Purrs

15. databbiesotrouttowne

Budd, you are and always will be one totally awesome handsome dood. We are sorry we didn’t
    have more time to know you, but we are happy you found a loving forevers with shoko, ty and mom and dad. We know St Francis helped you on your journey to heaven so that you weren’t afraid, had any suffering or felt alone. You wont be forgotten Budd and we send hugs and loves
    to you and the family you leave behind here on earth.❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Dear Jean, Bill, Shoko and Tyebe, what a loss for your whole family. And a shock to everyone. He certainly was a wonderful friend and mentor to Tyebe. Now he will get to be with his sisters who went before him. Sending hugs and wishes of comfort to you all. Amy, Lucy and Xena

17. Catwoods

I’m so sorry to learn of the loss of your Budd. I know how hard it is to lose animal friends. You gave him a loving home and I know you will miss him. Purrs, comfort, and sympathy going out to you.

18. Turtle Lover

and now i have a case of the sads. I have enjoyed reading all the fun you had with Budd. I will look forward to seeing how you grow and what new adventures you have. I’m sure there will be something interesting. ((hugs))

19. KDKH

I’m so sorry to hear about Budd. I wish there was something that I could say or do to lessen the sadness for you and your family, but I’ve got nothing. (Wipes eyes)

20. angelswhisper2011

O, no, another sad news this morning. So deeply sorry of the loss of sweet Budd. We remember when he came into your lives and stayed furrever, Shoko, Tyebe and Jean and think back of him with a tear and a smile. Fly free beautiful Soul✨
    Soft Pawkisses to comfort you all🐾😽💞

21. The K Clowder

Jean, Bill, Shoko, Tybee, It has been a horrible year and now this! I am beyond sad. He was such a special guy. I don’t have the words to express the heartfelt sorrow of Budd’s passing. He will live on in our memories forever. I send you love, hugs and strength.
    Barbie

22. Timmy Tomcat

This month has been so hard and when we heard that dear Budd did not get well we were so heartbroken. He was such a big cat and such a good boy to you all. He was Tyebe’s protector, Shoko’s pal and a friend of Mom and Dad. That he came into your lives and stayed was something special. I think that he needed something and was drawn to you all from the love that simply poured forth from your home. He gave as much as he needed to receive and when the day is done that is what it is all about. Love passing between souls. We know we will all meet again when our time comes. Know we love you all and send our support, purrs and prayers

Timmy and family, This statement is so overwhelming and makes us feel warm inside. Budd was special to all of us in different ways. He was a mancat of many faces, This was his house but if a strange cat showed up…..Budd wold send Tyebe to hiss her way past this introoder.

Jean

23. Marjorie @ DashKitten.com (@whskr)

Hearing this absolutely broke my heart. Budd has been a strong quiet presence on the blog and i had a feeling he had great dignity and presence even though I only saw still photos of him. I am sat in tears here. Budd touched us here and made an impression that only a great cat can do.

I feel a light has gone out in the world and I can only join others in sending condolences from so far away to a cat that touched my heart.

Budd would have been delighted to know you thought so highly of him. He was a sweetheart with a small stick to stir everything up when it was too quiet. He adored each of us for different reasons. His most favourite of course was Tyebe. In the winter when she got cold, he would let her sleep on his head.

Jean

24. mommakatandherbearcat

We’re so heartbroken about Budd! He seemed like a gentle giant – with a huge heart – especially around Tyebe. We never knew how he came to live with you though – that’s a beautiful story that will never lose its power or be forgotten. We’re sending hugs and thinking of you all.

I have never heard of a cat wandering into another yard and just playing with the cats there. Budd was the only one that tried this. He was so welcomed too! Well, Shoko didn’t welcome him but Tyebe was so happy to have a friend.

Jean

25. ATCAD

We are so very sorry to hear about Budd, he was a very special mancat and will live in your hearts forever. Purrs of comfort and paws of sympathy from all of us here at ATCAD.

26. erinthecatprincess

Mrs H and I have only just seen your post, and is so so sad that Budd has had to go over the Bridge. It has been a joy to read about you all together, and the things you got up to once he joined your family. He seemed destined to be with you all, and certainly brought yet more light into the world through all you recounted to us.
    May he rest in the pastures that all delightful and warm, and may our tears be the nourishment that brings forth sweet blooms of wonderful scented memories. . . .
    Gentle purrs to you all