Wordy Wednesday at Fort Meezer

Wednesday already….a fast week.  We are joining Sandee at Comedy Plus with our version of Wordless Wednesday which is wordy as can be.  Click the red highlighted names or the badge and you’ll see your friends in all their glory.

We have neighbours who just happen to be squirrels. A lovely family that chatters with everyone in the Lane. We don’t see many of the little ones but if you look closely you can see them swinging in the tree. I was creeping up to see this family.

First, I had to climb the neighbour peeps 6 foot fence and then try and get comfy.

I see daddy squirrel…wow, he’s got a good thing going!

He has a swing of his very own…Good going little buddy!

He handles that swing like nobody’s business.  Come see him Budd.  I’ve seen him, he’s a clever one.

Look at his son….

What a smart little one. A happy household if I ever saw one.

I think its best if they don’t see me.  Then they won’t feel paranoid…like some dudette is watching  their every move. mol

That was nifty….even Budd enjoyed it.  Speaking of Budd….he and Shoko are being more hospitable to each other.

Ok, not bosom buddies, but at least they’re not starring each other down!

Time for a wise Meezerism from our gal Shoko.

“The oldest most well chewed, slobbered on and generally ravished toy in the box……is the tastiest.”

40 thoughts on “Wordy Wednesday at Fort Meezer

1. Meezer'sMews&TerrieristicalWoofs

MOL, Squirrels, aka tree rats, are cute in their own way, aren’t they. Just wish they would not steal all the bird food…and they even rip up some of the smaller feeders…
    but they are cute…we have black ones, grey ones, a few brown ones and way too many red ones, they are small and feisty and they chase the bigger ones away.

We wouldn’t like it if the squirrels ripped up feeders here and stole our veggies but they don’t seem to bother anyone. They keep to themselves unless peep decide to fee them. I have seem papa squirrel rush along the overhead wires to take home a cheezie.

Squirrels are so much fun to watch – and occasionally chase – we have lots of them AND lots of bunnies too. Mom and Dad are constantly having to chase after me in the front and back yards these days because the little visitors are just too interesting for me to ignore!

3. Zoolatry

We got visited by a new critter a couple days ago: a rather good sized red fox! Thankfully he was in a hurry to get somewhere and did not stay in the yard to long as all the squirrels, bunnies, birds and even a mommy deer and her baby ran away from him very, very quickly. They must have been a bit scared of that one! Being over-run by nature these days! Kinda cool tho!

We are afraid of foxes. A kitty was mauled by a red fox up here, The fox caused severe damage last month to the grey cat but she is mending and is in one piece…..luckily she still has her sight. This happened at 5am…..don’t let your furry buddies run around till the wee small hours….nothing good happens that early.

Jean

4. foguth

Oh meow!!! Your squirrels look interesting and furiendly…. Very, very different from the ones I’ve encountered down here! Purrhaps not all squirrels are the same, so this could explain why Mr. M was always so amused by how the squirrels in the park terrified me… and my staff, too.
    Purrseidon

1. foguth

Shoko dear furiend, I’m thinking the squirrels in our park are different from yours. For one thing, I think they are hungry enough to eat cats… possibly even people.
        Purrseidon

It is so much easier to fall asleep when the kitties are acting nicesly. Every once in a while Budd will bring his paw close to Shoko’s face and she leaps up, turns around and lays down.

Tyebe

5. databbiesotrouttowne

guyz…..sew,…. wherz yur swingz N fun stuff …bet mom N dad haza gardin they call ther own tho huh…..yea, but noe swingz N stuff out ther for any oh ewe ~~~~ !!!!! ????? 🙂 ♥♥ knot even a hammik we bet !!! 🙂 ♥♥♥

What kind of strange neighbors do you have that build a playground for squirrels? Nice to see all you kitties. XO