Fun Flippin’ Friday Fill-In’s

Another beautiful day.  Hey, did you see the tulips Budd?  They are coming out of the ground amongst weeds that have decided to be fruitful and multiply right in front of our eyes.

We are joining Feline Friday over at Comedy Plus.  They show the coolest cats on Friday….take a gander friends.  Click on the name or their badge and you’re there.

SHOKO…..SHADOW BLACK
TYEBE………ROYAL BLUE
BUDD……….GAGGING GREEN
MOM………..MAROON

We are joining Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Lorianne of Four-Legged Furballs for the Fill Ins on Friday.  Click on the name and join them and their friends.

1. If I couldn’t live in my country, I would live in…..SIAM…..I believe they call it Tyeland now.

Of course, Tyebe would come with me.  We’d see our good friend Squish the elephant                                                                        .

2. I wish I had kept ……MY PEPPER FROM DA PHENNY…… from my childhood.  It was just the right size for me.  It’s still somewhere in the house but heaven knows where.

I guess these are the closest things to it but mine was from France and so unique.  I’ll show you if I ever remember where I dropped it.

3. I would choose…SUMMER  over….WINTER……

Which season do you venture out of doors to enjoy?

4 SNOW MOLD,,,,,, doesn’t matter in the long run.  What, you never heard of snow mold?  This is the phenomena when the snow disappears and  it looks like spiders have been busily making spider webs under the snow.  The webs stretch across the lawn like a hair net or web net.  Apparently. as the snow compresses with warm weather and then rain, the webbing occurs.  This doesn’t happen wherever the snow falls only in certain areas.  The western provinces of Canada do get snow mold while not necessarily in Ontario.  Tell me friends….do you get snow mold?  This is a disease and it can be treated.  However, many peeps are allergic to it and raking may cause hazardous sneezing.

38 thoughts on “Fun Flippin’ Friday Fill-In’s

Something tells me you wouldn’t get snow mold anyway. It would take time to concentrate the snow so its hard enough to get snow mold. Your snow would come and melt very quickly there in Texas.

WOW! We learned something NEW – snow mold……..looks exactly like spider webs. Does it melt like snow or just slowly blow away? Might be fun to play in but maybe not! Anyway, hopefully it won’t be long before that garden has lots of interesting stuff growing in it and more sunny days coming to enjoy.

Some people actually treat their lawn for it. Mom usually finds when the sun beats down on it, the worst parts go away. Then with the normal raking of a lawn, the mold is gone in no time. Come to think of it mom and dad didn’t always have time to rake the lawn and the mold just left. In some places they lived up here, there was no snow mold. So maybe it’s a soil differential..

2. photofinlandrantasalot.wordpress.com

Tyebe, you are right, Siam is nowadays Tyeland. we have got some springs that snow mold, too. It jus disappers here when the weather is getting warmer, and sometimes I just rake it away. Your tulips are now bigger than mine, I am afraid the late snow almost killed them.
    Hugs,
    Kristiina and Kosmo

Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers . I have never heard of snow mold, very interesting. I think a kitty would be in big trouble nowadays for playing with toilet paper 🙂 Have a nice weekend. XO

Apparently eastern Canada doesn’t seem to have much of it….I guess it would depend on the weather conditions. Seems to me during winters where the temperature warms up in January and it rains more….the mold is there but not as severe.

You lucky devil! Bet you don’t have to plug in your car in during winter either? I’d say you have found paradise. However, we all really appreciate the summer and never take it for granted. Anticipation of the summer sees us through the winter.

You wouldn’t up here! Maybe fall but spring is muddy and cool, very cool. The brown grass does make way for the turning green but I’d say the best time for spring is in early summer. Spring is when we see dudes in shorts and gum boots up to their knees…..not exactly a pretty picture. mol

Tyebe

4. catladymac

Here in NE Ohio we have never seen or heard of snow mold (our huMom is 74 yo) And it looks like we would just as soon keep it that way. Leaf mold is bad enough for allergic peeps and kitties. Stay safe and well.

mol…mom did wonder for many years what it was. We needed google to finally find out. Think of all the years we just didn’t know things cause there was no computer. I don’t think we’ve seen leaf mold.

I want to go back to Tyeland with you, Sho and Tye – Xe
    None of us ever heard of snow mold. Is it snow, or is it mold? Mom grew up in Pennsylvania where they got a lot of snow all winter, and she never heard of it either.
    XOX Xena and Lucy

Not all areas get it. I grew up in Ontario and don’t remember seeing it but then again would the mold even make an impression on me…my thoughts weren’t of the grass back then.

Jean

7. BellaDharma an LadyMew

Mee-yow wee HAVE seen snow mold here where wee arei nn Ontario Tyebe an Shoko an Budd…it was sorta ucky lookin. LadyMew was told not to touch it an our Custodian gotted rid of it…that was 2 Winterss ago.
    An Budd mee likess SPRING much bettur than winter or Swinter too!!
    ***purrss*** BellaDharma

8. cat9984

I don’t remember ever getting snow mold I’m Michigan. Budd, I’d ask for a new color. You seem to get more unpleasant adjectives than the others with green

9. L.M.G. Miller

Thank you for joining in on the Friendly Fills! The kitties here feel you on the lost toy thing. Toys at our house often get lost in the Land Beneath the Couch. And we have never heard of nor seen snow mold. Thank you for teaching and showing us something new! Purrs!