Goodbye To One Of the Worst Years I’ve Seen

Well, what a time I’ve had!  I knew I was going to the North Pole with Tyebe and Shoko the next day and then….bam! I was in the hospital.  I knew nothing.  These peeps kept asking me difficult questions like what day is it? Who are you?  A man in a white coat came in and told me I had 3 broken ribs, a broken arm, a dislocated shoulder, pneumonia and A Fib.  I didn’t believe him and furthermore I thought he was pushy!.  Who was this guy to tell me what’s happening.  I never saw him before or did I….and forget who he is?  Seems I had a seizure too and my memory was swiss cheese.  At least I wasn’t sore…..maybe a tad high on pain pills.  Bill was sitting in front of me saying I scared him.  Heck, it scared me too.  Two men standing in my bedroom with a stretcher between them.  Then large portions would be missing.  Somehow I was in the garage and then in Emergency!  I saw one of the paramedics as he peeled a “Breathe Right strip” off my nose.  He said, “That looks better.”   No argument from me.  The next thing I realized was I was wearing a most obnoxious gown that was very cool near the butt area.  My thoughts drifted to Shoko and Tyebe and I hoped I didn’t scare them but apparently they took off when I was thrashing about.

The happiest part was when I got home and read all the great wishes from my friends.  We thank you so much for your concern and caring.  You all made my days so much brighter.

Shoko is rather annoyed with me for leaving her to fend for herself with Budd and Tyebe while I scooted off with two scary looking men.  She did say that dad gave her the odd treat more than Budd or Tyebe and she figures she deserved it and so much more.

Our Christmas was wonderful.  Just being able to laugh at Bill’s odd or should I say weird jokes and enjoy a wonderful turkey dinner cooked by my personal home chef was the best!  The gifts though very welcome were secondary to the happiness I found  being home again.

I have looked better but for now this is me.  I’m in one piece and mostly with it.

Budd was giving me cuddles whether I wanted them or not.

Tyebe was noncommittal on my progress.

52 thoughts on “Goodbye To One Of the Worst Years I’ve Seen

1. Meezer'sMews&TerrieristicalWoofs

Happy New Year!
    We sure hope it will be ever so much better!!

You sure had a bad time of it…but infections do strange things to the minds of those who have bad ones,..petcretary sees that a lot where she works:(

Hopefully your pains are dwindling to not having any. We continue to purr, pawray and send POTP!

It will take quite awhile to get over these injuries but each day is a little better. Tyebe brings me her nanner for inspection every morning. I have no idea why it is always so dirty but it is a well travelled nanner…..and looks it. Just to have my buddies about makes me smile.

Jean

You truly have had a VERY tough year but here we are in a NEW year and NEW decade and I am hoping with all the hope I can muster that it’s a GOOD YEAR for you. No falls, healed bones, settled down heart, no more seizures, nothing but pain free and comfortable days ahead. You’ve more than “paid your dues” and had more than your share of doctors and nurses. “Doctor Bill” is your best medicine and with helpers like Shoko, Tyebe and Budd – 2020 is looking better already dear Jean!

HAPPY NEW YEAR (really!).
    Love, Pam (and Teddy too)

A regular year would be lovely. We want to visit the eastern states this year and laugh with our friends. This would be heaven to me. I’m sure Bill would be happy if I took back the cooking chores. He says he prefers my cooking. He’s getting better and some of his meals are excellent…others, well…need more practice. hehe

Jean

Liked by 2 people

I’m sure you’d like to be in the kitchen more too – you just need your strength and balance back. The time will come when you have totally healed and are ready for travel. Until that happens just recover and let’s hope you stay well and have no more surgeries or infections. We want this to be “THE YEAR OF JEAN” !!!

Love, Pam and Teddy

3. Memories of Eric and Flynn

I knew you had a bad year and then had pneumonia before Christmas, but never realised how bad it had been. I am very glad you were able to go home for Christmas and hope you continue to improve. You have very good nurses with Shoko, Tybe and Budd, and of course your husband.
    My very best wishes for a much better 2020.

I am happy to see a post from you and I think you look great. 2019 will not be missed. Wishing you, Bill and the kitties a happy and HEALTHY 2020! XO

5. photofinlandrantasalot.wordpress.com

Jean, better New Year to you! It is difficult to believe all the bad things you have had, because in the photo you look so healthy and young. You are a great story teller, and as I have said earlier,it is a great gift to see things also on the humorous side. I am sure that it helped you go through that bad year. Wishing you fast recovery.
    Many hugs,
    Kristiina

Kristiina, you are a bright star gleaming in the sky to me. You always make me feel special with your kind words. In a few months these injuries and things will be a stinking memory.

Hugs,

Jean

Yes, it has been a horrible year for you, and good riddance to it. We do think you look fabulous, dahrling, in your purples, so you just put any thoughts otherwise right out of your head. Thank you for letting us know what happened, but mostly for assuring us you are home and being well cared for by your great hubby and Budd. The other two better step it up!
    Love, Amy, Lucy and Xena

Why thank you dahling for the compliment. I do love my purples….except for the bruises. These I can do without. I never realized the bottom of my foot could turn purple too! Tyebe did try getting close last night in bed….she stretched out right on top of my leg! She must have an oven for a tummy….she is one hot tootsy! hehe

Jean

7. Sandee

You scared all of us. I sure hope this streak of bad luck is behind you. Got my fingers and toes crossed. Thanks for the update.

☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆ ★ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ╔╗╔╦══╦═╦═╦╗╔╗ ★ ★ ★
    ║╚╝║══║═║═║╚╝║ ☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆
    ║╔╗║╔╗║╔╣╔╩╗╔╝ ★ NEW YEAR ☆
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╝═╚╝ ♥¥☆★☆★☆¥♥ ★☆ ♥♥♥

8. Zoolatry

The only thing I can think to say is
    1. Happy you are home.
    2. You look beautiful to us.
    3. Stay well, stay healthy.
    4. Be a GOOD GIRL in all ways.
    5. We’re here for you whenever you need us to be. Shout loud. We’ll hear you!
    6. WE LOVE YOU LOTS!

9. caren gittleman

sooo happy you are home and that had to have been BEYOND terrifying! Even with all you have been through, I think you look darned good! Praying 2020 is MUCH kinder and gentler to you!!! Wishes for a non-eventful recovery! xoxo

Definitely not a fun place! So many sickies like myself. People in crisis seem to be very kind though…..well, most of them. Still, I’d rather go elsewhere to make friends.. Thanks for your warm wishes…my friends.

Jean

10. BellaDharma'ss LadyMew

Deeresr Miss Jean wee were so scared fore you!!! An wurried! Mistur Bill did guud postss so wee mew what was goin on! You sure have bin thru THE Warss….pleese take all THE time you need to rest an ree-covurr. Ladymew lit candellss fore you an said purrayerss an mee meowed to SkyCat to help you too.
    Wee gotted hacked on 22nd an did not get back online til THE 1st…still tryin to vizzit efurryone….
    Sendin ***purrsss*** an ~~head rubsss~~ BellaDharma~~ an ❤ an {{huggiesss}} LadyMew too!

I don’t know how we missed this post. You look great, Jean, considering everything you have been through. I continue to pray for you everyday, and that will never change. 2020 has got to be a better year. It would be fab if you could visit the east coast. You know, Pam and I only live a few hours apart. Tell the kitties to continue to take good care of you. Tom has had to cook for me so many times through the years and became quite good at it. He now does more of the cooking than I do! Sending lot of love and hugs. Gingersnap sends Tyebe oodles of whisker kisses and purrs. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer

Thank you for the compliment Janet but I feel like a bum! I’m glad I don’t look it. I will eventually get to the east coast of the States. Hubby will need a break when this siege is over, Hubby or Mr. Shoko is becoming a pretty good cook too.

Jean

12. cat9984

My goodness. I hope that you continue to heal. That sounds terrible. (I just started following a bit ago and am kind of working backwards, so apologies for the delayed get well wishes)