Shoko’s Surprise on Thankful Thursday

Another glorious day!  Sunny and warm.

We had a thankful day. Why did we have a thankful day? Well, there’s lots to be thankful for but the best thing was my surprise.  So we are joining Brian’s Home for a Thankful Thursday.

I brought the wee beasty home and shared my catch with Budd and Tyebe.

We were so thrilled to have the mousie to play with.  He didn’t seem to mind when we grabbed him and brought him closer to us.  I worked with Budd to surround the mouse.  This is the closest I ever got to Budd.  However, most startled was Tyebe.  She wanted nothing to do with this little piece of fur and promptly left the yard.

After we played with the mouse for a while, dad came and took the mouse into the Lane and let it run free near the house with all the cars.  The wee mouse was in top shape not a scratch on him.  You’re right if you’re thinking it was a baby mouse.  We were getting hungry for our special snack anyway.

It is time for some Meezer Proverbs.

” TO SUCCESSFULLY CATCH A FLY, YOU MUST TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND CHASE THE FLY”

There were 2 cats looking into a green canary’s cage. The first cat said to the second cat, “That’s not a canary. It’s green!”

The second cat said, “I don’t know, maybe it’s not ripe yet!”

48 thoughts on “Shoko’s Surprise on Thankful Thursday

1. Meezer's Mews & Terrieristical Woofs

Oh, just wow! And you only played with mousie?? Too bad Tyebe wasn’t interested, she has no clue what she was missing, MOL!

We thought you were going to mew:
    ” TO SUCCESSFULLY CATCH A MOUSIE, YOU MUST TAKE THE FIRST STEP AND CHASE THE MOUSIE” Bawhahaha!
    And we about giggled ourselves all over the floor when we read your canary wisdom:)

You’re right, Tyebe has no clue about real live mouses. She’s used to her half furless mouse in the house and it doesn’t run unless she bats it.

Great idea to chatter about the mouse….I’m ashamed to say I never thought of it. I did have a video lined up but some Joe Crow says, “I have to go to the bathrom” in the middle of it so it needed editing.

Jean

These guys are anything but hungry. The play is worth the catch. What surprised me is when Shoks gave Budd the mouse and then lay back like a lioness with her child, watching him play. I wonder if this is her way of saying I am boss, but I will share with you. I accept you.

Jean

1. franhunne4u

When an adult car teaches her young ones to catch mice, she brings them first dead then living prey. So my guess is Shoko thinks Budd to be not a well trained mouser. Likewise when they bring prey to us. That’s why they are so frustrated when we throw their presents away.

2. Memories of Eric and Flynn

Well done on catching that mouse, Shoko! It was very good of you to share with Budd. Silly Tybe running away!

Shoko the Mighty Huntress catches a mouse! Nice of you to share with the others too Shoko although I guess Tyebe wasn’t QUITE sure about things. Concatulations! Hope you got an extra snack for your effort.

It would be so funny watching Bailie chasing a fly. Mom gets ticked with us leaping all over furniture and counters. It would be funny watching a dog attempt these maneuvers. MOL

Shoks

Angel Lexi would have told me to kill the mouse…we are raters, after all. But maybe since it was a baby…nah, she killed baby birds. I’m secretly glad you let it go, Shoks. Maybe it’ll come back and play with you again. Xox Xena

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if the mouse came back to play some more? Angel Lexi was one of a kind and she had her own way of handling a mousing problem. We have no problem here and besides, it was a wee one…..not fair that us big dudes/dudettes scare the crap outta him. He’ll tell all his friends not to go anywhere near our place. So we have no mouseing problem.

Shoks

5. Brian Terry Frum

Such an amazing find and how very nice of you to share! Thanks for joining the Thankful Thursday Blog Hop!

6. Eastside Cats

So cool that there was video of the great mouse chase! I watched The PO’M play with a mouse that kept jumping straight up into the air. After a short while, I snatched that mouse away from Paddy, which he didn’t appreciate, but I just couldn’t bear to watch anymore. I hid the mouse in the plants; he wasn’t there when I looked later, so I hope he was able to go home to his mouse family!

7. ATCAD

We have lots of mice in the field next door, sometimes we play with them but we have to watch out for the hawk who hangs around our house.