Friday in the Garden

It’s Friday and our seeds are starting to sprout.  Now, dad planted these little green beauties.  Mom is taking a sabbatical in her room and didn’t offer any advice.  This is very unusual as mom has an opinion on just about everything.

We explained to dad that carrots were small and ever so tiny so not too many in one spot.  Let’s see how he did.

The carrots sure are teeny.  A soaker hose is being used for irrigation this year cause when everything grows they spread out.  Then there is no space to water except the tops of plants.

The beets look quite a bit better.
I’ll take it from here Shoks.  Dad put in this barrel for watering last year but I never have seen anyone use it.  It makes a great perch for me to survey the nip patch though.

Out in Kali’s garden are the poppies and bleeding hearts.  I hide in them and Budd tries to find me.  They smell better than a nip appie.

Have a fun weekend and enjoy your sun patch.

Why don’t Americans eat snails?
They like fast food. mol
SHOKO…..BLACK
TYEBE…..ROYAL BLUE

20 thoughts on “Friday in the Garden

1. easyweimaraner

oooh the bleeding heart… so wonderful!!! we like the barrel idea your daddy had… we think we should have such a watering equipment too… one rainfall thingy is not enough… if we ever get something like summer

Looks like all the new veggies are sprouting nicely! Kali’s garden looks pretty……our bleeding hearts have already bled and stopped flowering for the year I’m afraid. That is a NICE ‘watching post” Tyebe – up high enough to survey things as they grow AND keep an eye on Budd if he decides to come outside and look for you!

3. mommakatandherbearcat

When I was young, we had a garden in our backyard. I didn’t always enjoy the planting and maintenance – but I loved the results. We always got really tiny carrots. We moved to a new house and never planted vegetables again 😦

4. Zoolatry

Our first time for planting carrots was a big oopsie … (also with asparagus) they went in upside down from the way they were s’posed to go in! Guess we needed the “Gardening for Dummies Book”.

5. Memories of Eric and Flynn

Those seedlings will soon grow when the warm weather comes. The flowers are looking pretty.

6. Eastside Cats

Kitties, we’ve had rain almost every day for over a month, so my garden’s haven’t needed any watering. Supposedly, if we believe the weatherguessers, this weekend is supposed to be warm and sunny…we are so shell-shocked from the constant grey and rain that we’ll believe it when we see it! Have a good weekend!

7. Sandee

It’s good to see you out and about. Love your garden and love the drip watering system. Very clever.

I linked this post to Feline Friday.

Have a purrfect day and weekend. My best to your peeps. ♥

8. Tails Around the Ranch

Your garden looks good, guys. Love those bright poppies with the bleeding hearts. Good luck with the carrots and beets. I’m drooling just thinking about fresh sweet carrots, one of my favorite veggies.

9. Valentine

Your dad did well under your supervision. Mom has tried to grow small vegetable gardens in the past, but she either over or under watered the plants so they didn’t do well. If she let me outside I could show her how to garden the right way. Winks.

10. BellaDharma's LadyMew

Mew mew mew that was a funny joke Shoko an Tyebe an Budd!!! Mew mew mew…an yore garden lookss guud. An Tyebe you look so smart inn yore vest!
    Mee all so ADOORSS yore mew header photoe!! Shoko you an mee like Chipmunkss…..mee not sure what mee wuud do if one sat on mee tho’, mew mew mew….
    ***purrsss*** BellaDharma