Looking back at a Brave Man

Good news…mom is starting to heal.  She had a drain put in her foot last week,  The battery pack is wrapped around her leg and really uncomfortable, she says.  When the surgeon took off the bandage with the drain, the wound looked pink and healthy so she was given a new drain and bandage for another week.  The drain is taking the liquid away….somewhere.  Anywhere but here.  She is still walking about with the boot on and is usually up for 3 hours a day.  Mom seems bored to tears as nothing much happens when one doesn’t do anything.

We thought you might like to read one of our posts from Oct 29th, 2014.  I was 6 years old and Angel Kali was healthy as a kitten.  Aw…the good old days.                                                    So this is Kali,  She was beautiful!  I hope I can grow up to be half the kitty she was.  Budd, she must have been the perfect queen of Fort Meezer. She was a very gentle lady.  I remember watching her from the Lane. She sure hated bugs….I remember one day she was getting upset so I ventured near and there was a fly on her paw so I took the fly to the Lane and then she settled on the mattress.

SHOKO…BLACK
TYEBE…ROYAL BLUE
BUDD…BEAN GREEN

Now for our reposting of the 2014 post.

Today I was going to talk about the decorations Kali and I have around our condo for Halloween but instead, I must talk about our brave dad. Dad told us he had to go into the hospital for a small procedure today. He called the procedure a Colonoscopy.  Sounds like he’s going to get a colony of ants to come live in him! He couldn’t eat or drink till after the procedure was done. I felt bad eating in front of him while he just sat there with nothing. Mom didn’t seem to mind filling her face while dad drooled for food and water. They both jumped in the Toyota and took off for the hospital. Mom came back alone and I was upset….where’s dad? She explained that this procedure took time. Dad was getting a camera up his butt. No!! Surely you jest, mom. Well, I’ll be bald-headed!! Our dad is going to take pictures of us with his butt…how strange. You must give the poor guy credit for allowing the hospital to put a camera up there. I wouldn’t want mom’s camera up my butt! Well, I’ll be extra nice to him and won’t even close my eyes when he turns his butt toward me.

Well, I'm thankful for

I’m so thankful for our dad.  He’s a wiener…..I mean a winner.

When dad came home I was there to greet this brave man. I informed mom that I told our friends online about what dad had done…I just was overwhelmed with his bravery. Mom said that maybe dad didn’t want everyone to know what he had done. Oh my, why not…it was the most unselfish thing to do….thinking so much of his girls. Mom did look a little baffled but said no more. My dad…think I’ll keep him.

38 thoughts on “Looking back at a Brave Man

1. Sandee

Bwahahahahahahahaha. I don’t think your peeps really wanted you to talk about the dads colonoscopy. You crack me up.

I’m glad the mom is better, but I would be bored too. I hope she gets better soon.

Have a purrfect day and take care of your peeps. I know you will. My best to your peeps. ♥

2. Deziz World

Oh Kittens!!! Mommy had one of those once too. She said she was never doin’ that again. She didn’t mind swallowin’ a camera but she wasn’t havin’ one shoved up her nether regions again. MOL Your daddy was indeed a brave man. We miss Kali too. She was gawjus, as you all are. We’re so glad awnty jean is feelin’ better. We’re sendin’ hugs and purrayers.

Dezi and Raena

I am glad your mom is doing better and you are all taking good care of her. Your Dad is brave. I had that done in 2014, the procedure didn’t bother me at all, it was the starving for a day before that practically killed me 🙂 XO

We are all so happy to hear that your mom is healing and able to get up and around more. Our mom understands the boredom. When she’s had some of her surgeries and her broken leg, she absolutely couldn’t seem to concentrate enough to even read. That makes for very long days. Cooper was so excited to see that Tyebe visited today. He can’t hardly wait until they can get together again. He’s sending purrs and a head bonk to her. XOCK, angel Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo, Cooper Murphy and Sawyer
    p.s. Your springy background is gorgeous!

At first mom couldn’t concentrate either which meant we got some supreme loving. I don’t like cuddling so Tyebe stepped in for cuddles.

CooperMurphy,
      I’m looking forward to our next investigation into the fun side of getting together. *giggle* *giggle*

Tyebe

5. easyweimaraner

we hope the good news become more and more efurry day ;O) an we send a big hug to that brave man !!! …butt we are with you… that is not really the place where we would like to have a cam LOL

YAY for your Mom healing so well…..takes a lot of time and yep – it’s boring just resting and reading and stuff instead of having any adventures. I also think your Dad was VERY BRAVE to have a camera put in such a private place! I’m not sure what cameras can see in there but I have an idea it’s not pleasant. I’ll pass on having anything like that myself thank you. Yikes!

7. databbiesotrouttowne

guyz…we iz crackin UP…..we hope sum day yur mom ree postz her train trip add venturez coz it waz hill larry uz two
    ☺☺☺

best fishez TWO mom N we hope her can give de boot de boot veree soon….rest N relax iz grate, boredom iz like vizshuz ~~~~~~~ ♥♥♥

8. Timmy Tomcat

We are soooo glad that Moms foot is finally healing. She talked to Dad and told him about the awful wheelchair she was using before. Dad says when you have one of those it is a life of inches. If you misjudge by an inch the thing bumps into something or if you need to reach something it is always an inch too far to reach. Your Dad was brave having that colony removed. It must have been itchy at night.
    Love you all!
    Timmy and Crew
    Purrs Shoko
    Einie
    Thanky fur meowin bout mah Kali. She mah Angel an ah lovin her alwayz
    Buddy Budd
    Keep on the Good Foot
    Dad

Mom says this whole episode has been an experience she will not forget. A glimpse into a life with mobility issues and the challenges that it brings daily shines the light on the many peeps that struggle every day.
      Tyebe

Einey,
      You are the apple of my eye and my eye loves apples..mol

Buddy,
      Kali is with us whatever we do just as Mr. Buttons is with you and your family. We don’t think about Kali without picturing you side by side with Kali. Two pods in a catnip plant is what you two are.

Us

9. Eastside Cats

A friend’s family member has fallen twice since she had surgery, and she’s messed everything up! That’s because she was trying too hard, and it’s good to know that your human is taking things slowly, even if it’s frustrating.

Mom has fallen twice too. Luckily she didn’t hurt anything. She had her mishaps about a month ago since then her balance has become better and she was allowed meds to keep the RA in check. There’s no way she wants to go through this again.

10. mommakatandherbearcat

We’re glad to hear that your Mom is continuing to heal. I can’t even imagine … though it’s the perfect time for some kitty snuggles. Kali was a gorgeous kitty – and she was the queen of all that is decent and good. We bet Tyebe will make the role her own.