Sunday Selfies……the last for 2018

Howdy folks,                                                                 Here we are at the end of 2018.  It’s been a year of many changes for me.  Kali, my best friend, left for the Rainbow Bridge in February.  We were all crushed and so unhappy for months.  I no longer had my friend to give a bad time or laugh with over the silly things mom does.  In May mom brought a rat home to live with us.
Man, did she stink!  P. U.  Furthermore she couldn’t do anything fun.  She was too small and couldn’t even run that far without crashing and falling asleep.
She was so proud of herself for climbing the cat pole.  A simple task for me.

I sat her down and explained how she should act towards me, “You only have to bow once, Tyebe.”
“Oh, there’s a fly! Whatever, Shoko….talk later.” She just didn’t understand the respect I deserved. What a ding dong.
In August, this strange lookin’ furry guy was fascinated with Fort Meezer.  He would sit on the mattress under the bench and watch Tyebe playing.  Some might even say a dirty ole man but he turned out to want the best for Tyebe and would alert mom if Tyebe was straying.
In September he started coming in the house for some supper.  Finally, he moved in and never looked back.
So my home environment has drastically changed. I am slowly getting used to the changes. These two have no respect for their elders but I’ll pound it into them.
It’s time for a selfie.  The last Sunday Selfie of the year and our host once again is the ever popular, The Cat On My Head.
Simply click on the name The Cat on My Head and you can visit your friends.

This is my selfie before going out in the wet snow. I think the pose is perfect.  Too bad I cut off part of my shower cap.

52 thoughts on “Sunday Selfies……the last for 2018

1. jean m. mueller

There have been some sad,stretches for us here too. We lost our Bindi and still miss her so.Then last month, our mom lost her mom-a painful loss. We added a new member to our family,last summer.Our little fur ball grew and grew. Man what what a foodie she is! Come spring, Mom is getting her a harness and leash so she can keep her girlish figure. HAPPY NEW YEAR,CANDIAN CATS😊 love,Sasha

You’ve had a lot of changes also Sasha. Funny, Tyebe’s started to eat lots too. She eats quickly, like her food is running away. We will all have to be out exercising in the spring.

Happy New year Sasha and Jasmine…..you too Jean.

Shoko, Tyebe, Budd and Jean

2. The J-Cats

You have certainly had quite a year, Shoko. But We know you will eventually grow used to the changes – and reassert Your Authority.
    On a different note – We LOVE your selfie. As you say, the pose is purrfect. So is the hat (mol).

3. The J-Cats

It was definitely a year of adjustments for you dear Shoko……but you have done very well! Slowly training Tyebe to treat you as the Queen of the house……Budd the protector/mile mannered gentleman watching out for his girls…..I think the three of you make a wonderful family. Here’s to a fabulous 2019 for you ALL.

5. erinthecatprincess

Boy oh boy, life throws us some curved balls–or are they boomerangs? Anyways if you roll with the punches then life is also kind and listens and offers hope. You guys have all come together and made 2018 really rather special in the end, and really maybe that is all that matters or what it is all about?
    Lots of purrs
    ERin

6. Zoolatry

Howdy back at ya, Shoko … but you know we’d be remiss not to send a HELLO-MEOW also to your housemates, Tyebe and Budd … who had no intention whatsoever of “interrupting” your life this past year. We’re happy that 2018 brought “you to us” (or vice versa?) and we got to know you better! All of you! So … happyhappyhappy 2019 … hugs, Dougie Dog, Zoey and the Zoolatry Human, too.

7. Tails Around the Ranch

Life with new roomies always has an adjustment period but it seems like things are starting to settle down. Enjoy the last Sunday of the year. 2018 was not a great year but we’re looking forward to a new slate in 2019. Happy New Year to you all, dear Shoko❣️

Shoks, I think you are turning into Kali, MOL. You’ve got two wonderful new additions to your family who will keep each other entertained until the young un learns some respect. May 2019 be filled with love, good health (and respect) for you all. XOX Lucy, Xena and Amy

9. The Swiss Cats

That was a lot of changes for you this year, but we’re glad that Tyebe and Budd could join your wonderful family and that you’re getting used to that new situation. We wish you health and happiness for 2019 ! Purrs

I am getting more accustomed to these two. I don’t scream when one comes close to me anymore. I wait till Tyebe jumps on me before I scream. Budd actually took a swing at me when I walked past him….do you know I didn’t even get upset. This is progress…..slow progress but progress none the less.

10. elainefaber4u

Here’s hoping that 2019 will be better than ever for all of us. Happy that you have a new family member. Budd is so pretty. Blessings to you and all your friends this New Year’s Day.

11. Memories of Eric and Flynn

Yes, a lot of changes but you are doing well with them. I think Budd knew that Tybe had lots of energy and it was making things hard for you. He saw where his future was and the job he had to do to take the pressure off you.

Budd has been a blessing in so many ways. He’s not a cuddly guy but likes to be close. He is so patient with Tyebe, you’d think he was her mother. She can do no wrong as far as he’s concerned.

Jean

12. BellaDharma's LadyMew

Meow meow what a grate Selfie inn yore shower cap Cousin Shoko!!! Mee did mot know Cousin Kali butt mee knows how much you loved her….an yore rite you had a lot of changess to deel with. An then angel Unkell Siddhartha had to leeve fore Pure Land….mee knows how upse-set all of you there were….
    An then mee came along….mee can nevurr fill mee Unkell’ss pawss butt mee will bee yore frend til THE end! An hopefullee Tyebe an Budd will treet you with more ree-spect inn Mew Yeer!
    ***purrsss*** BellaDharma
    P Ess: Tyebe yore NOT a ‘rat’…..mew mew mew….

BellaD, you are doing terrific. Your situation is much like mine. You felt strange when you first arrived but LadyMum was just the right fit for you. You two are great for each other.
      PS Yes, Tyebe was a rat but is a much larger furry now with some qualities like a kitty. mol Shoko

1. BellaDharma's LadyMew

Yore rite Shoko! aftur all THE changess mee went thru’ it was hard to trust yet again….butt LadyMew iss not goin anywhere an neether iss mee. An that iss wunderfull! An mee will help her an shee will help mee 😉
        P Ess: Little Sisturss can bee well, little an a bit of a PITA butt you are raisin Tyebe well….MOL!

13. Sandee

All of our lives have bumps in the road at times, and we all weather them however we chose to weather them. I’m glad you’re doing much better.

Have a purrfect Sunday Selfies. My best to your mom. ♥

Sandee, you are right. Although it’s hard to reason with a nincompoop and her best friend. Things are getting a wee bit better but the three of us need to run around and expel some energy. Who wants to run around in the snow…..not us.

Have a great New Year’s Eve.

Shoko, Tyebe and Budd

14. The Island Cats

MOL! That selfie is funny, Shoko! Y’know…it’s been quite the year for you. And we know you’re making the best of it.

The young’uns just don’t seem to understand they must respect and yes, worship their elders. I’m trying to meet these two half way, ok maybe not halfway but a bit out of my way. mol

I am sorry you lost sweet Kali this year, but I am glad your folks decided to share their love with 2 more kitties in need. Wishing you all a happy and healthy new year! XO

I don’t dose like I used to. I have one eye ready for an attack. The only time I truly relax is when mom and I crawl into bed at night. Tyebe wakes me up at 8 am by leaping on me. Today I got up before she leaped on me. I’m using my noggin.

I’m not really missing Kali anymore. Certainly not with these two horses patooties! I didn’t realize how relaxing I had it until these two came to live with me.

Happy New Year Athena and mom. I will be back to the artsy Saturdays in the New Year.

16. Valentine

Shoko, I bet Kali misses you, too. Just remember all the good times you shared and that will always keep your pal close to your heart.

You look domestic chic in that lil cap of yours! I’m think you may have just started a trend for 2019! Winks.

17. Dalton & Pipo aka Meezer’s Mews & Terrieristical Woofs

I loved how you have relayed all your thoughts on 2018 in your furmily to us.
    And your selfie! OMC!! MOL! Purrfect!

Happy New Year!!
    May your 2019 be wonderful and blessed!

18. Deziz World

Oh Shoko, we totally unnerstand. We too miss Kali. But her and sis Lexi are havin’ a great time. Purrobably meown’ ’bout how we’re gettin’ our turns with the disrespect. MOL Happy Mew Year to you all. We’re so glad to be your furiends. Big hugs

Dezi and Raena

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )