Thankful Thursday with mom

Hi friends, Shoko and Tyebe’s mom here for Thankful Thursday through Brian’s Home.

I am very thankful this week for one thing the girls did together.  Now, Shoko has been growling and hissing so much at all of us that I figured she was going to pack her wee bags and move out.  We couldn’t seem to do anything to her liking.  The wet food was not her favourite so she wouldn’t eat.  She has started going tinkles on the lawn.  Tyebe just made matters worse by giving Shoko a big bear hug whenever Tyebe saw her.   The other night I decided to leave the bedroom door open and just maybe all would be quiet when the lights went out.  Not quite quiet but shortly the growling became less and I fell off to sleep.  When I awoke at 2am, I turned the bedside light on and Tyebe was lying next to me.  What was next to Tyebe?  I rubbed my eyes…TWICE.  I couldn’t believe it!  There was Shoko, out like a light right beside her.  I quickly got my camera from the livingroom and snapped the picture.

This sure made my heart relax. I won’t go so far as to say they are great friends and there’s no more hissing and growling. There is still growling and hissing. All on Shoko’s part. However, they have their moments of actual playing and just being with each other.

I am one thankful cat mom for the happiness I feel. Shoko is starting to accept Tyebe and progress will be in baby steps.

Now, go visit Brian’s Home blog hop and view the other thankful anipals.

33 thoughts on “Thankful Thursday with mom

This did my heart good this morning. I’m glad you caught the moment and told us about it. Sometimes things just take time. For instance, it took years of him asking before I agreed to marry Jeff, and now I am so glad he didn’t give up!

2. Eastside Cats

We have actually given up trying to integrate Angel in with Manny and Chili Bruce, and I try very hard not to be downcast about it, and be thankful that we have a home that allows us to have two very separate cat apartments. I feel your anxiety about Shoko and Tyebe, and can only applaud your patience and celebrate with you the little wins.

Angel, Manny and Chili Bruce no longer hiss and carry on at the sight of one another, do they? I can see tolerating the other cat or leaving the room when that kitty came in but the hissing and growling is a bit much. This is all done by Shoklo. Tyebe pushes it but kittens usually do. Let’s hope these little victories become most of the time.

Jean

3. Comedy Plus

They will become the best of friends at some point. You just have to wait them out. I do remember.

Have a purrfect Thankful Thursday you two. My best to your wonderful mom. ♥

4. elainefaber4u

I think Shoko misses Kali and doesn’t want to believe that Tyebe is taking her place. Sometimes cats never get along. After eight years of hissing, Truffie is finally allowing Jazzie to come in the house ‘on her watch.’ Not friends, but tolerating being in the same room. It is progress we are thankful for. I hope Shoko will learn to love her new sister. Give her lots of love to let her know she is not being replaced.

No kitty could ever take Kali’s place. She was one in a million. Tyebe is a great gal with her own disposition. She screams and hisses when we cut her nails. Just the tips too! A real drama queen. As soon as we stop, she makes up to us.
      Shoko hates change like most cats do and she will let us know she’s unhappy.

Jean

5. NylabluesMum

WOO HOO Shoko an Tyebee!!!! Yur bondin an mee iss so-o happy!!! Yur one of thee furamillee now wee Tyebee….
    Aunty Jean yur foto iss purrfect; you did good!!!
    ~~head rubsss~~ Cuss-inn Dharth Henry~~

6. The Island Cats

What a sight to see! It takes time for cats to work things out. Shoko and Tyebe may never be great friends, but this is a good sign.

7. Patzy and Miss Juliea

I really don’t want to hear that they are not getting along but I guess it’s expected for an older gal to not just blindly accept a young girl kitty who might take over her position. They should get along better soon. Maybe it’s easier to bring a boy kitty in than another girl? That’s what I hope as I’m keeping my eyes open for a little brother for Patzy. Don’t over-dramatize the situation and they will work it out on their own.

I think if we keep our nose out of situations, they will work it out themselves. I don’t think Shoko hates Tyebe, she just doesn’t want Tyebe leaping all over her every time Tyebe spots her. During the night I must interfere as this hissing and growling is too much in the bedroom. I usually bring one or the other into the bedroom and then I can sleep. This is also Shoko’s bonding time with me. She doesn’t like to make a fuss over me when others can see so she wakes me up and by tapping on my head or shoulder and that means she wants pats and a fuss.

I also notice that even when Shoko is growling in the next minute she will start playing with Tyebe. This growling and hissing must mean something to cats and not to us. It would be interesting to see if a male could break the ice better than a female.

Jean

1. Patzy and Miss Juliea

Look at Mark’s Mews cats. Marley came along (a yellow tabby male – one of the most mellow guys you can have) and he gets along great with his two sisters and I even feel like he may have brought his sisters closer together. I have never had much luck with two kitty girls unless they were related or brought together at the same age so they seemed like litter-mates. It would be lovely to see your two girls get alomg great.
        How old was Kali and Shoko when they got introduced?

8. Deziz World

Aaaaaaaaaaaaw Awnty Jean, that’s pawsum. It’s been 2 years now and me still hisses at Raena. Ya’ know, we’ve gotta keep those pesky little sisfurs on their toes…and you too. MOL Big hugs

Dezi and Raena

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w