Mom Spit At me!!

Here is another post from 2014.  I had forgotten this post but thought you might like it as I got quite the chuckle out of it 4 years later.

Yes, it’s true, she spit at me, more than once. You have your doubts? Well, grab some chamomile tea from the pot and sit yourself down and I will explain.

We all have our night time routine….even Kali. Kali goes into the bedroom after mom and jumps on the walker that mom leaves at the end of the bed for her. Then she jumps onto a blanket on the bed. A big yawn so we can count her four teeth and she cuddles up with her catnip cigar. It’s the same thing every night.

Mom and I both head for the bathroom attached to the bedroom. I jump on the sink and wait for mom to turn the water on so I can get a clear and cold drink from the tap.

DSCN1840

Yeah, I’m getting to the spitting part….don’t rush me. Mom starts brushing her teeth with this whirly sounding thing….its terribly annoying. OK, whatever mom. I twist myself around the tap for my cold beverage…awww, cold clear water.

Me twisted

Me twisted

Delicious water….SPLAT….what was that? As I look into the sink another SPLAT just missed my ear…wha…what’s happening?…I jump back and look at mom. OMC…she’s foaming at the mouth and smells like mint! Another SPLAT. Hey, she spit the foam out of her mouth. I get it now! She’s spitting out the toothpaste. I think I should drink first though, before this crude behaviour continues. Mom doesn’t feel I should go first so we continue this ritual every night.

Are you going to spit at me, again?

Are you going to spit at me, again?

The Three Moggies have made us their fur friend of September. Can you imagine, us Canadian Cats doing a special interview. You must take a look and let us know what you think.

29 thoughts on “Mom Spit At me!!

Uhoh…….spitting is not allowed when a cat is having a slurp at the sink – you’d better explain that to your Mom ASAP. Actually there’s a double sink in my Mom and Dad’s bathroom SO I use one sink for my drink and she uses the other one for her spitting – this is preferable !!

Cool! Another sink would be the way to go but mom only has room for one sink in her wee bathroom. I mean its very small in there. Just room to turn around and that’s it. No room for the sink unless it was in the shower. One day she spit on my tail. I was horrified! Mom could tell by the look on my face so she cleaned my tail. mol

2. Piglove

We watch closely as mom does this. Then when she is done, we all want to try to smell her breath. I know that’s weird but it’s an interesting smell for sure. Mom even puts toothpaste on her fingers sometimes and smushes it around on mine and Houdini’s teeth/gums. She’s weird… but it’s fun. XOXO – Bacon

I really like it when mom forgets to wipe her mouth off and she goes out to talk with dad when there’s a ring of white around her mouth. I tell ya she can cause so much laughter. mol

3. Amy

I would say anytime you drink somewhere other than your own water dish, you take a chance, Shoko. At least it isn’t a great white shark jumping up to eat you in one bite!
    Another good memory, Jean. Thanks for sharing.

That was a cute flashback. I hope your mom lets you get your drink first now. I met the Three Moggies folks when they were in NYC in 2015.

5. databbiesotrouttowne

shoks….if ewe N mom still haz thiz roo teen…sum fish will benny fit ewe both….several strategically 🙂 placed perch in de sink N her canna spit, ewe getz a drink and dinnerz ta be
    had by all ~~ 🙂 ♥♥

6. felineopines

The first time I saw The Female Human foaming at the mouth I meowed for The Male Human to call the vet. He assured me however that she did not have rabies.
    Purrs & Head Bonks,
    Oliver

7. Marv

I can’t believe that your Mom would spit at you!!! Did you spit back!?! I would have. And My Mom brushes her teeth every morning and I sit beside the sink. But I have never tried to drink out of the tap. I like my fountain in the bedroom.
    Sending you and your Mom Kisses
    Marv

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )