Welcome 2018…Bring It On

KALI;  We’re saying goodbye to 2017.  We did it, ladies!  We made it.  This calls for a fancy drink and a toast to ladies so crotchety, we refuse to be pushed out-of-the-way.

SARABI; How about a Vine Wine….you know silvervine. It makes your paws tingle. I want tingly paws today. We deserve it.

ALLIE; You are so right Sabrina…all for Vine Wine raise your paws. I see Amber, Binga, Binky, Ali, Sasha, Lily Olivia, Madi, and Kit. We have a majority ladies.

KALI; Before we clink our bowls together, I have a story to tell you….it’s true too.

MADI; Ok, Kali but our bowls are calling to us so let’s not get long-winded like you can at times.

This story concerns our very own protector, Buddy the Blue Russian Enforcer.

This is Buddy’s 10th Gotcha Day. Yep, 10 Gotcha Days with his family. He was 8 when he was adopted by his dad.  The whole transfer was very hush-hush. His dad met an anonymous character at “Dunkin Donuts” at 9pm New Year’s Eve. They exchanged words and the fellow showed our Buddy.  Buddy was so big he had to be carried in a dog carrier….20 pounds! No doubt Buddy was big from sending out orders in the Blue Russian Mafia. Makes one wonder. Bud Bud has slimmed down and gone straight.

We raise…no, the bowls are too heavy.  We slide our bowls together for a clink to our own Buddy and the upcoming year.                                                    KALI;   Just push the duckies out of the way and have a grand sip of Vine Wine.

Everyone slides the wine into each other, pushes the duckie aside and yells… “To our Buddy!”

Have a wonderful New Year.

GIANT PS….Mom screwed up and put our Crotchety Cougars https://crotchetycougarsblog.wordpress.com/ in The Canadian Cats.   We are sorry…last screw up of 2017…we hope.

60 thoughts on “Welcome 2018…Bring It On

1. elainefaber4u

Oh, Jean. Kail looks so much like my Amber, it brings tears to my eyes every time I see Kail’s picture. Give her a big squeeze for me. Hope this year won’t bring any more sad news to any of your cat buddies. I’m so sad today.

I hate to think you are so sad today. I wish there was something I could do. Kali is a dear but not well so I am happy to spend the time I can with her. I will give her a big hug for you, Elaine.

Jean

2. Chirpy Cats

A vine wine to celebrate sounds absolutely divine. But does anyone know how it grades for longevity for us gals? I hear it might be good for crackling old joints. But I’ll give it a go if you ladies are having a glass. Cheers, ladies and to Buddy too! Happy New Year!

3. NylabluesMum

You go gurlss!!! An have sum vine wine inn memoree of mee deerest Purrincess Phoebe OK???
    May 2018 bee a better year fur efurryone.
    Sinseerlee, Purrince Siddhartha Henry aka Dharth Henry aka ‘Littul Man’ aka Dharth Vader…..

A nine idea Dharth. We have had 5 toasts to Angel Phoebe…she is part of the reason we have this dine club. I may be a bit drunk…so pluse scuse me. Sarabi says yhe vine is good for the joints. She’s right…I no have yhem anymo. Loves you my cuss.

Proud to be..a…crotch,

Kali

1. NylabluesMum

Mew mew mew ummm Cuss-inn Kali mee finkss you mite have had enuff vine wine….yur xcused….yur cute when yur tipsy!!!!
        Sarabi iss a wise kittygurl inn-deed!!!
        LadyMum iss howlin with lafftur……shee said yur commint iss thee funniest EFURR….that yur a ‘crotch’…….
        Luv you Cuss-inn ❤

4. Comedy Plus

° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
    ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
    ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚| 田田 |門| ˚Happy New Year
    * Joy to all! ♫•*¨* Peace on Earth ♪♫•*¨*

5. Marv

Dear Ladies, I would raise a glass to all of you ladies, but I am not yet old enough yet. Queen Penelope tells me that you are all wonderful older lady cats like she was and that i should be very polite. So I will!
    I wish all of you the bestest Ne Year EVER!
    And Buddy Budd is one of my heros!
    Purrs
    Marv

A new year dawns and we are delighted! It’s only -15C without a windchill. The floors aren’t freezing anymore. yay. We welcome the year and wish you a healthy and happy new year.

Shoko, Kali and Jean

6. Buddy

Ah willz not confurmz or denies dat ah wazza enfurcer fur the Blue Russian Mafia. Brofur Toby always asker an he getta whackin bout da earz just cuz.
    So glad to be da COP fur all the Cougars and will do mah dooties with dilli.. dilla.. hard werk in da comin year. Love ya all
    Happy Mew Years Hi Kali
    Yer Big Bloo
    Buddy Budd.

You won’t confirm or deny about the Blue Russian Mafia? Ohhh…hehe…you were an enforcer…I nude it! You are too much he mancat and they would cash in on you.

Kali Kit…the Crotchety Cougar

7. cecilia07

Well done Kali and Mom…we send kitty hugs and mom kisses and hope you feel better soon. Happy Bday Buddy
    Proudly Crotchety Madi

8. NylabluesMum

Mee-you Kali mee fell asleep with mee Silvine stick befur midnite last nite. LadyMum had to wait to *kiss* mee till this mornin, mew mew mew….
    How are you feelin today?
    Luv, Cuss-inn Dharth Henry ❤

1. NylabluesMum

No sore head ISS a good sign Cuss-inn Kali!!! An mee hopess thee pain killer werkss well.
        Iss second day of New Year an so far mee LIKESS this year!! 😉
        ~~~head rubsss~~~ Cuss-inn Dharth Henry~~~

What a great toast (and I bet those ducks added a special flavor to that vine wine!). Buddy Budd deserves a toast (with jelly) and we hope that his whole family has GOOD HEALTH in 2018 – in fact, we hope you ladies do too – here’s to a happy and healthy year for all!

10. angelswhisper2011

Am I to late for a little vine wine, Kali? I may not hope, just need a drink, now that my nip is asleep…MOL 😀 Pawkisses for a Happy Healthy and Peaceful New Year. Let’s make it a great one 🙂 ❤