Sparks of Sunshine

Let’s start the week with a positive thought by Joining Annie from McGuffy’s Reader and her Sparks.

This last week has been a very painful reminder of the extent of my RA. Positive thinking was out the window as the best I could do was hold on and ride it out. However, when the flare started to settle….the day was so sunny, everything seemed brighter and clearer…. more alive, welcoming and calm. Do we need to see hell in order to appreciate our surroundings? Yes, a look at the worst life can throw at us can show let the beauty we see every day shine through.

Have a super start to the week friends.

50 thoughts on “Sparks of Sunshine

1. Lisa

Do we need to see hell in order to appreciate our surroundings? I think we do because it’s only when we make it through the fog can we truly appreciate and understand the blessings in life. Struggles and challenges define our priorities. I’m happy to hear you made it through the darkness into the light.

2. caren gittleman

That quote is so true! I am praying you get some relief this week from your RA. My grandmother had it so badly her fingers and toes became deformed. My dear friend in Raleigh has it too, it’s such a terrible disease. (((hugs)))

It is very debilitating but I can deal with daily things….the flare ups cause life to cease as normal while the swelling takes over. I too have deformed fingers, hands and toes….but its part of what makes me the……the son of a seacook! hehe

Jean

3. Mary McNeil

Glad you got through this. That’s about all you can do. I used to get terrible migraines and when I woke up as the headache began to abate, I expected to hear someone calling “Lazarus ! Come forth !” Applying a warm cat sometimes helps.

I can just imagine coming out of a migraine….things would seem so smooth and finally quiet. Life does seem so alive and interesting following an attack. I had warm cats applied to everywhere….they believe a warm cat is the cure to everything. hehe

Jean

4. Amy

I think applying warm cats is a universal remedy. Or warm dogs, as the case may be. Have you looked into essential oils? I’m just starting to learn about them and have had good results with some things.

I love essential oils and have been using them. Now, Kali has been diagnosed with asthma and seeing as meds are out of the question for her, I am getting everything unscented. Kali has perked up quite a bit since then.

Jean

5. darlamsands

I’m struggling with what to write. ~hugs~ Upbeat people overcoming pain always give me bittersweet joy. I wish you all the best, from one crazy writer, an understanding partner, and two spoiled cats.

6. McGuffy's Reader

These are wise words, garnered from experience. Jean, I understand. I have RA, too. (And Sarcoidosis. And secondary issues.) Some days are miserable. Some mornings I can barely walk when I first rise from bed. My heart goes out to you. Truly. Gentle hugs, my friend.

7. Marv

Oh Jean! I am sorry you have not been 100%! I send you love and purrayers!
    What a great quote! I LOVE this one!
    And I want to send you a big THANK YOU!!!
    Marv Loves his new fish!
    Love Barb

8. Piglove

Love your spark sweet friend. Sorry you were having a flare up. Those are the worse for sure. Thankfully I haven’t had one yet with everything else going on but I’ve been a little down. You fixed that up last night when I got home. Ya’ll are the sweetest peeps ever. Love you! XOXO – Bacon

9. mommakatandherbearcat

I’m so sorry you have to be in so much pain. I agree though – nothing makes us more grateful and appreciative of what we have than the dark times. Just human nature I guess. We think so much of you and your girls … just saying 🙂

10. Patzy and Miss Juliea

I came home from work today screaming in pain during my one hour drive with my neuropathy pains. But yet, I realized I haven’t had it as bad as today in quite a number of months. So I find I can be grateful that these episodes are coming less often lately. I’m still in pain 3 hours later today but not as bad and there is still hope that this too may pass! Juliea

This was heavy my friend! There are no 2 ways about it….intense pain is hard to take but the episodes are less often….strike one up for you. The pain will finally subside and I am always amazed that I after a week….I don’t remember how intense the pain was.

Hugs,

Jean

11. NylabluesMum

Oh Jean I’m sorry the RA went into flare-up….wee sure are soldiers aren’t we?? My OA & Skeletal Hyperostosis decided to flare-up after the molar left! So from one kind of pain to another! I’m sleeping at least 10 hours daily….not much energy & can barely walk. At least it is snowing out which cheers me up (weird aren’t I?) & it is the 1st nite of Chanukkah & that always brings a smile to my face!! I made it thru another year & am lighting those candles…it really helps me cope I can tell you.
    Sending you gentle {{{hugs}}} & love Sherri-Ellen & POTP frum Purr-amedic Dharth Henry =^,.^=

We are strong with our furry faces by our side, Ladymum. Always remember that anything that is a label on us….like Epilepsy with me……is just a word and doesn’t describe me. I spend less than 1% of my time doing anything involved with epilepsy.

Loves, Jean

12. Marty the Manx

Jean I am so sorry that you have been dealing with a bad flare up. I wish there was something that could be done to help alleviate these flare ups. It makes me sad to hear that you have to be in pain so often 😦

Alas, this flare up was rough but I was trying to get off of Methotrexate….usually a cancer drug…very good for RA but I had been on it for a few years and wanted to get rid of the side effects. Two months after getting off…this happened. I am now back on it and short term some steroids. I am starting to feel way better than I did.

Thanks for your kind words.

Hugs,

Jean

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

w