Sunday Selfie with Shoko

What a quiet day it is today.  It’s been raining and cool….quite cool.  So I packed up my straw and left for my tent without a roof.                                              Now, you may be asking yourself…,”What does Shoko need a straw for?”  Well, there are the obvious benefits of straw play. A chew and a bat teaches the straw not to run from me again.  There is one not so obvious use for a straw.  I suck up some nip and wash it down with tuna juice…..man what a kick! MOL

However, as a newbie I tried shoving the straw up my nose and snorting the nip into my nose.  A terrible idea….I was plugged solid for an hour.  Kali had to help me get the nip outta my nose and the straw….what a mess.  You know I didn’t get any kick just little bits of nip outta my nose every time I mewed.  I was annoyed.

A mini lesson for those tempted to shove a straw up their nose and partake of the nip.  Don’t bother…the mess is not worth it.

Onwards to The Cat On My Head’s selfie Sunday.

Do stop by their blog and admire your friend’s selfies or better yet….jump in and join them.

My selfie for this Sunday.

Friends…..enjoy a lovely Sunday.

48 thoughts on “Sunday Selfie with Shoko

Like you, Angel Sammy loved straws…….Mom hasn’t given me one to play with yet but maybe she’ll be inspired by your post today Shoko? Sammy would carry his around the whole house and as soon as the ends got chewed to bits, Mom would give him a new one. We have a whole box of them……Happy Sunday!

Love, Teddy

MOL….good ole angel Sammy! A whole box you say…wowzers! You are set for life Teddy. Mom goes around and steals a straw here and there…..you know…,”You don’t really want that straw. I know a black faced kitty that would love it?” MOL

Shoko, we think that trying to suck the nip up your nose with that straw would be considered hooliganism. So happy you decided that wasn’t for you. You are quite beautiful in your selfie! Thanks for sharing on the hop today. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

3. elainefaber4u

In our house, kitties don’t play with straws, but Amber does love her pipe cleaner, (which is, after all, similar in it’s general appearance and the pleasure one gets from dragging it around…so to speak!) When sufficiently chewed…(chewn?) she abandons it and gets a new one. Have a blessed Thanksgiving and remember, despite the nation’s troubles, we have much to be thankful for. Blessings. Elaine, Truffie, Amber, Jazzie, Bo-Bo, Tom, Ling-Ling and angel Bootsie. (www.mindcandymysteries.com)

4. weggieboy

Yes, Happy Thanksgiving! I knew there was something I was forgetting, and I hope my Canadian friends had the best weekend holiday possible!

Also, that’s excellent advice from Shoko on the nip and straw business. Many a person has fallen to the bad habit!

Thank you for the warm Thanksgiving wishes boys.

I know there was a spark of feeling oh so good but it was marred terribly by the straw stuck up my nose and the nip flakes each time I mewed. No easy habit to fall into for this kitty.

5. Nylabluesmum

Ummm Cuss-inn Shoko what kind of straw did you meen? Straw that grows inn fields or a straw like what Hu’manss use when they drink frum a cuppy with a straw? Mee finks mee brain iss a bit addled frum beein unwell….sorry…..mee feels silly…
    Yur Selfie iss gorgeous! An yur stinky eye foto made LadyMum laff…..
    ~head rubsss~ Cuss-inn Dharth Henry~

6. Patzy

Were you trying to get hooked on it by snorting it up your nose? That sounds so unpleasant and painful. Best to enjoy catnip in the usual way – by eating it and rolling around in it. Don’t over-do a good thing or we will have to send you to Catnip Anonymouse meetings. Although if mice will be there then it might be fun! MOL

I wasn’t trying to get hooked. A cat passing through the land was doing it and he was high as a kite so I thought I’d try it. Everybody was angry with me….I won’t be doing that again. I would hate to attend CA meetings. I wonder if mice get hooked on nip? mol

7. mommakatandherbearcat

Bear used to love straws … until I gave him one of his own … no fun anymore when it’s GIVEN to you apparently 😉 That meme is my life theory … live in the moment, until that’s unpleasant … and then take a nap!!!

That’s the idea…live for today….tomorrow may never come. However, Kali has pointed out a flaw in my thinking. She says more than likely tomorrow will come and then what will you do if you haven’t planned for it and mom has no food. I never thought of that! I thought mom just always had food in the cupboard…..you mean there is an end?