Signs of Fall Around Fort Meezer

Last night was cold…Kali and I snuggled up with mom instead of leaving the bedroom after our story and treats. It was -7C and we felt quite chilled.  Mom even turned the heat up.                                                     Mom and I went out for a walk in the Lane today.  Fall was in the air.  First, we checked out the backyard.

Woah, the sunflower is looking like the giant fell out!  Wonder where he went?                                               Time to take it down and put the head on the shed roof for hungry birds.

Speaking of the shed, we have two of them now, thanks to dad.                                                           Nice, eh?  The big one is for the snow blower, lawn mower, shovels etc.  The little one is for ornaments and containers for summer.  We’ll see how this works out.  These peeps aren’t the most organized…so we’ll see what spring brings.

The brussel sprouts have had their touch of frost to make them sweeter.                                                       It’s kinda sad….all my work and it’s over for another year. *sigh*

The Lane is looking like it’s seen better days.  Trees have either yellow leaves, a few green leaves or they’re bald.                                           This is the time of year that little critters are up and actively looking for warm homes.                                                      Oh, oh!!  It smells like fresh mouse, right here.  You go ahead mom, I’ll catch up.

The four-legged little beast got away but I know where he lives….mol

Ya, let’s go see what Kali’s doing at the house.

Where’d those two go…..my tummy says it’s dinner time.

Wonder if it will be cold again tonight.

34 thoughts on “Signs of Fall Around Fort Meezer

WOW – you’re a “two shed family” now. Lots of storage spots…..my Mom always wanted a garden shed but she doesn’t do much outside gardening these days. Just up on our deck with stuff in pots. I hope you two girls stay WARM now that things are cooling off up there – it’s getting chilly here too and my Mom is talking “sweater” for me…..I’ll have to give that some thought!

2. weggieboy

What a brilliant idea to segregate your tools into two sheds! Many a time I cursed moving garden stuff to get to a snowblower, whatever!

As for the growing season, you have the blessings of the fruits of your labor on your dinner table for awhile yet, and I slobber thinking about those delicious brussels sprouts on the stem….!

3. The Swiss Cats

Brussel sprouts, yum ! says Claire. It’s been 4C at night here, but your -7C sounds like a winter temperature to us ! Purrs

You are so lucky with mild temperatures during the winter. It can and does get down to -35C at night quite often during the night in winter. Daytime is better when the temperatures never go lower than -20C….well usually.

4. Amy

Even here it has cooled off to the low 80’s (20’sC) during the day. 🙂 Well, it will get cooler, but this is a respite from the heat we’ve been having. Shoko, it’s great how you can go walking in the lane with your Mom without a leash. You’re a good girl. Enjoy your brussell sprouts.

5. Piglove

Oh sweet friends. I think you are right. I can smell fall in the air. The mornings are just a bit nippy – wonderful nippy at that. YAY – my season is finally getting here! XOXO – Bacon

6. databbiesotrouttowne

kali & shoko….itz sorta kinda all most knot quite fallz time heer two…we due knot haz sproutz ta freeze but de flowerz sure taked a dive ~~~~~~~ N joy outside time N get sum bottomz for thoz jammeez… 🙂 ♥♥

Very nice sheds. I look forward to our brussel sprouts getting hit with the frost to sweeten them too. You are an excellent gardener Shoko.Keep warm kitties. XO

8. Nylabluesmum

Shoko you did a pawsum job on thee garden purr usual….. Kali yur lookin beeuteefull all so.
    An thee Pee-jamass are furabuluss!!! Mee not taken mee sweater off since Katurday!
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ Dharth Henry~~~ **sniffull sniffull**

It’s a gasser of a temperature. It is nice and sunny during the day so I try and get down the Lane and hunt mice….they sure are sneaky. They’re headed to warm areas like peeps houses. mol

10. Marv

-7!!! Wow! I thought it was cold here last night when it went down to 2. Mommy put an extra blanket on the bed and we snuggled up all night. I was a tad miffed when she got up to go to work.
    And I must say, your sheds are great!
    Purrs
    Mar

Let’s face it Marv when the temp dips, it’s cold to us. We have to climatized to these temps.

I like the sheds too. Sometimes I just go and sitin front of them…..I feel like Miss Kitty Pouch with sheds…..hehe

11. Deziz World

OMC In da negatives at night and ya’ll go fur a stroll down da lane in da day? Dat wouldn’t happen here fur sure. MOL Our mommy’s a real pansy. MOL Big hugs

Dezi and Raena