Sunday Selfie With Kali

SHOKO…..BLACK
KALI…..ORANGE

Watcha doin Kali?

What’s it look like Shoko?  For heaven sakes……I’m drying my hind paw nails.  I’ve never painted them before and thought I’d try doing them at least once.  It’s usually hard to bend deep enough to get the whole nail but not in this special Princess bed.                                                               MOL…ya, you do look like a little, twisted sister!

You won’t catch me painting my nails like some Hussey.

Shoks, do you remember Henrietta….a pretty Calico that lived a few houses down from us?

Yep, we all called her Henny cause she pecked at the ground like a hen looking for bugs.

Well, she refused to paint her nails too.  One day Cow Kitty mouthed off at her and she clawed at his leg.

Do you know that her nails fell out?  Just the ones that touched Cow Kitty but they ripped and then came out.

No!!  Why did they fall out?  They were so weak cause she had no way to harden her nails.  She refused to paint them, even with clear polish.  That polish would have toughened up her nails.

Whatever happened to her?   She was very embarrassed!  Finally, the family moved away but we never did see much of Henny after that horrible incident.  So, that’s why we didn’t see her very often.  I didn’t know that Kali. I’ll have to rethink my objection to the polish.                                                       Wink, wink

The Cat On My Head is having one of her fantabulous lineups of animals taking selfies.                                                    I’m posing this week.  Hope you enjoy my efforts.

Have a Super Sunday friends.

53 thoughts on “Sunday Selfie With Kali

1. Yael Ben-Ari

Hmmm. We never tried painting our nails. That’s an idea. Raja tore out one of his nails one time going over a fence. The vet put a white thing on his paw and he had to wear one if those silly collars for awhile. Maybe if he had painted his nails, it wouldn’t have happened. I think I might look pretty with pink polish.
    Zoe and Raja from PlayingInCatnip.com

2. Marv

Dear Ms Kali and Ms Shoko,
    Ms Kali, should I, Marvelous, paint MY nails??? I saw in my Mommy’s cupboard under the sink that she has some blue polish…Would it help when I wrestle with Kozmo…Also…do you ladies have any idea why my Mommy is laughing so hard that her koolaid is coming out her nose?
    Purrs
    Marv

The way I see it Marv…putting on nail polish can’t hurt so I’d say go for the blue polish under your mom’s sink. Blue is very masculine and by the time Kozmo gets back…your nails will be like steel.

What colour is your mom’s eruption…blue maybe? hehe

3. erinthecatprincess

Sounds an excellent idea to paint the nails especially good when mousing to have tough nail, yup, I shall go and do mine now, in black and white!
    Excellent selfies from you both this week, I do love a good comfy selfie, and a good tale too *winks*
    Toodle-pip and purrs
    ERin

I miss Cow Kitty, if I knew where he lived, I would get a passport so I could go steal him.Good one Kali, I wonder if Shoko will paint her nails now. You both take beautiful selfies. XO

We miss Cow Kitty something fierce but he is not our cat and I must accept this. Cow Kitty probably loves the little girl that looks after him. I can’t go get him….that is outright theft. If, he makes his way back here….that’s different but I doubt we’ll see him. Shoko is still looking for him.

Kali and mom

5. Buddy Budd

Kali yoo really lookin sooo gug gud gud in yer bed my sweetiez. That sisfur had best be listnin to the truth bout the nailz Yep Yep. Are yoo eatin my sweet. Just do some fur me yer man-cat.
    PS Wink Wink
    Yer Big Bloo
    Buddy Budd

My Buddy Bloo, I do think of you when I eat. I have to get some meat on my bones for my mancat. I’m trying my best Buddy. Are you eating gud? You must keep those muscles from drooping my man.

Kissy Kissy,

Kali

6. Nylabluesmum

Lookin purrty there Cuss-inn Kali! Mee finks a Royalle Purpull color wood bee purrfect fur mee!!! Mew mew mew…what do you fink???
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ cuss-inn Dharth Henry~~~

7. Amy

Kali, you can be a bit evil when you want. *wink, wink* Be sure to use the special polish made for anipals so you don’t get sick by accidentally licking your nails when you take your bath.

Katie you sound gorgeous girl…my mom was a Lynx point and dad was a Flame Point. I took after dad except for the smudge on my face….that’s all mom. Purple would be a besutiful colour for your nails. There are several shades too. E-bay is the cheapest place to get some good hard polish.

Kali

8. angelswhisper2011

I love to see you lying like a purrinces in your bed while waiting for the polish to dry, Kali. I think I have to get myself one too, not because of the nails to harden, but to feel like a Queen👑😸 We miss cow kitty too, the story is almost the same as our Big Binky. It felt like he was ours❤ Extra double Pawkisses to all of you…oh, wait…your Selfie is pawsome Shoko😹😹

We never met big Binky but it would be hard to part with her as it was Cow Kitty. How about doing a retrospective of big Binky for all us readers that have never met her? It might be too hard to talk about….if it is…we will live without seeing her. Have a great day Binky and Granny.

Kali and Shoko

Shoko is a bit of a skeptic of everything but I think I sold her on the idea….now, whether she paints her nails is a different story. It was fun watching her expression…mol Isn’t this bed awesome….I feel like the queen of Fort Meezer in this bed.

Loves,