From Veggies to Fish

It’s harvest time in the veggie garden!  Mom has been removing the veggies and canning, freezing, dehydrating and eating the veggies.  Slowly the veggie garden is disappearing.                                                         You can see the garden is disappearing. The Brussel sprouts are slow but they taste sweeter after a frost anyhow.

The flower garden is overwhelmed with *Love Lies Bleeding* plants.  Kali and I usually go into the Love Lies Bleeding to get some shade but there was so many of them that we couldn’t get under them.  Disgusting mom!  She says next year she’ll put the Love Lies Bleeding at the back of the garden so they don’t cover all the other plants like they’re doing this year.                                                       As you can see this garden is thick with this dang plant.  The tomatoes will never turn red unless some are pulled out.

Mom sent away to Suddenly Cat for 2 fishes for us.  Gosh!  She sent away like 87 months ago and they arrived on Friday.  I was delighted with this LED fish.  It swims and lights up in water. mol                                                              I was mesmerized by this shiny and bright fish.  Think I’ll call him Jaws.

While Jaws was enjoying his swim around the water bowl, I was trying to figure out how to get him out.  No easy task my friends.  I didn’t want to get my paw wet.                                                   I want to plunk this plastic fish down at Kali’s paws.  Kali gets acne from plastic and I want to see her break out in pimples. MOL

Have a great Tuesday peeps and paws.

30 thoughts on “From Veggies to Fish

1. easyweimaraner

jaws is a super name for your fishy… I want such a bowl too… where can I get them? I love that plants too, they are beautiful… and the name fits to our area and to da snake neighbors ;o)

2. Piglove

Oh snorts with piggy laughter. I just love “Jaws”. What an awesome name for sure. So cool to have a friend that lights up. I wonder how long he would last here at the Hotel Thompson?
    Snorts and rolls with piggy laughter. XOXO – Bacon

3. Amy

Shoko, the plastic would have to touch Kali more than that to cause an allergic reaction. You would have to tape it on her or some…wait! Shoks, that’s so mean!

That’s a great idea…putting a brussel sprout in water. I think it would sink but I don’t know. Our BS or brussel sprouts are the size of pees so very small. If I get bored, I’ll get mom to take the pee BS off and float it…if not, I’ll wait til the BS is bigger.

4. cecilia07

Kali and ShokoYour garden sounds like it has done well. Your mom has been quite busy with veggie prep and storage. MOLMOM the fish is funny
    Hugs madi proud to be crotchety

Mom is busy, you’re right Made. Today she washed, cut, blanched and bagged some green beans. She did the same with beet greens…except cut them of course. She made 2 bags of the beet greens…tender and average. She cooked some small beets and peeled them for supper tomorrow night. She plans to stuff some of our peppers after she takes me for a ride in my stroller. This is her really busy time.

We have 2 fishies. When the battery wears out on one…we have another. Shoko seems to be the one who likes the fish. I’ll wait for some sliced fish…MOL

Proud to be Crotchety,

Kali

5. Genevieve Petrillo

While your mom’s plants were growing so big they were running out of room, my mom’s plants were dying a miserable death on the balcony. She recently yanked them out of their pots, tossed them in the garbage, and bought new ones that we hope can live a long happy life.

Love and licks,
    Cupcake

6. mommakatandherbearcat

I can’t believe we hadn’t liked your Facebook page! Holy cat … BAD Momma! BAD!
    We envy your garden. I really want one – for vegetables – but I don’t have the patience.
    We’re going to have to get one of those fish too. Bear has acne and I never thought about plastic toys being a problem – but you’re right. Shoko, that wasn’t nice … acne hurts a lot!

I was wrong, the place for the fish is AmazinglyCat. They are free and then you pay postage. I don’t think feline acne hurts…Kali has never made a hurtin’ face but the acne does look gross on a white cat.

8. Deziz World

Dat’s a cool fishy you got there Shoko. But, it’s not very nice to wish pimples on your sisfur. MOL We think da flowers are purretty. Mommy would gladly let them take ofer our outdoor garden. Big hugs

Dezi and Raena