Freezin Friendly Fill Ins on Friday

I’m going to do ALL the fill-Ins this week, Kali.  15 and Meowing and McGuffy’s Reader supply the 4 statements every week….different statements I should say.                                                                  Pop in and visit our hosts to see what they have to say.

SHOKO…..BLACK
KALI…..ORANGE

1. My favorite thing on my daily to-do list is…..TO CHECK MY VEGGIE GARDEN.  IT GIVES ME A THRILL TO SEE WHAT MY FERTILIZING DID FOR THESE CROPS.  JUST TO THINK I GREW THESE OUTSTANDING VEGGIES WITH MY OWN TWO PAWS.

2. My least favorite thing on my daily to-do list is…..TO CHASE ALL THE INTRUDERS OUTTA THE NIP PATCH.  I’M BASICALLY A PACIFIST AT HEART. YA, RIGHT SHOKO!  THESE FRIENDS HAVEN’T BEEN PARTAKING OF THE NIP AND DON’T BELIEVE YOU’RE A PACIFIST.  I’M CUT TO THE QUICK, KALI! SURE YOU ARE, TWINKLE HEAD,….WHAT A DRAMA QUEEN!                                                                    YOU DON’T SEEM TO SCARE COW KITTY AT ALL.

I’LL DO THE LAST TWO SHOKO.  BOSSY RED HEADS!

3. I could really do without …..SHARING!  IT’S HIGHLY OVERRATED.  I GET NO WARM FEELING FROM SHARING MY TOYS WITH COW KITTY.  ACTUALLY I THINK THESE IDEAS COME FROM COMMIES AND IT’S A PLOT TO BREAK OUR WILL.

4. I would love to have more …..WELL, WHAT ELSE…..TREATS.

PICTURE YOUR FAVOURITE TREATS RIGHT HERE.

Before leaving I would like to welcome Ali at Musings of a Senior Kitty  for being the newest member at Crotchety Cougars.  I will have your membership card out to you right smartly my friend, meanwhile friends take a peek at Ali’s blog.

See ya soon peeps and pets

49 thoughts on “Freezin Friendly Fill Ins on Friday

I totally agree….no dang way. Not when I’m around anyway. Any intruders usually get outta my way when I walk toward the nip patch. One of the benefits of seniority. MOL

Kali

Lily says welcome to Ali. Of course, Mau and Cooper know her from Cat Scouts. Lily agrees that it is way too hot to wear her hat. Ninety-five degrees (and feels like 105) here right now. Kali, darling, Phoebe said something on her blog about you not feeling well. Hope it is nothing serious. Mom is sending prayers, and we all are sending POTP and purrs. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

We are delighted to have Ali in our cluster of cougars. MOL Yes, I was very sick on the weekend. Mom had blood tests done and my liver is acting up. Mom has some pills. Oh lordy me those pills stink and taste like cwap! A month worth of pills to get the liver back to normal.

Loves,

Kali

2. Suzanne Gunter McClendon

Shoko, your garden is growing beautifully. 🙂

Cow kitty is a beautiful, fluffy kitty. I like the nickname, too. I collect black and white cows and we’ve had our share of black and white kitties, too.

Speaking of more treats, don’t forget to visit PS Annie’s fill-in post from last week to enter the kitty treats contest! The link is at the bottom of my McClendon Villa Fill-In post this week. 🙂

Have a blessed weekend. 🙂

1. Suzanne Gunter McClendon

Some kitties are very good about growing on you. We’ve had a few like that over the years. Some of them just hop all in right from the start, like our Angel Xerxes did. All of you are very special. 🙂

Thanks and have a blessed day.

Mom let Cow Kitty in during the winter because it was so cold outside. He made himself at home and took all our toys to play with. Mom decided enough was enough when Cow Kitty started running after Shoko and scaring her. Mom said she would bring him in again if he was left out in the cold. Cow Kitty doesn’t try to come in anymore. He does chase Shoko though but she doesn’t care when they’re outside. Cow Kitty’s mom and dad have their house up for sale so Cow Kitty could be moving.

Kali

3. Suzanne Gunter McClendon

I’m sorry that Cow Kitty chased and scared Shoko. I hope if Cow Kitty does move away that things will go okay for him at his new home and that they won’t leave him out in the cold.

Have a blessed day, Kali. 🙂

Peeps don’t usually change but I hope he hangs around home more when he moves. I have noticed that with my two, when we moved they became a little more dependent on each other and their personalities change somewhat. Kali totally let Shoko be the boss outside and she took a back seat unless Shoko needed help.

5. Suzanne Gunter McClendon

I think it is interesting to see how animals change when put into a new situation or surroundings. Sometimes the move is something really good for them and it improves their behavior or outlook. Sometimes not so much. We made this 1000+mile move here to Texas with an elderly dog and one young cat and three middle-aged cats. That move was definitely an adventure!

Have a blessed evening. 🙂

What a move! You must tell me how it worked out. Did they change in who was boss? We were thinking of moving doen to Vancouver Island, which is over 1,000 km. I’m not too keen on moving for the cats sake. They are so used to everything here and feel comfortable. Kali would never really get used to a new place at her age. She doesn’t see all that well and she is so used to things here. I’d have to really think about it.

7. Suzanne Gunter McClendon

It was a long trip, but it worked out fine. There were also quite a few kids (6) and three adults on the trip. A loaded down extended length Ford Aerostar (that held me and the girls and the critters and STUFF) and either a Suburban or an Expedition(can’t remember which) that had the guys and MORE STUFF and a huge moving truck with even more stuff made the trip out here. There were lots of stops to water and feed animals and people and even more trips to potty everybody. I didn’t think we’d ever get here. We left SC early afternoon of Sept. 12 and got here the evening of Sept. 13.

Surprisingly, the kitties did not fight each other that whole way. No one was exhibiting alpha behavior, nor did they once we got settled in here. There was no food stealing or biting or marking each other or anything negative. They all got along really well, even in the close quarters of the travel cage. They even loved the dog (Shep) and she loved them, too. They’ve all gone on to the Rainbow Bridge now and I imagine they’re still great friends up there. 🙂

I hope that Kali will be okay if you do end up moving. I’m sorry that she has vision issues, too. That does make it difficult to get used to a new place, but it can be done. It just takes time and lots of patience. And, some of us just don’t do too well with change. I have a hard time adjusting to new places, too.

Have a blessed day. 🙂

I am doing well thanks. I hate this dang pill mom will insist on shoving down my throat. It tastes like poop! Cow Kitty does wander over when he wants to relax and not be harassed. He can be found grabbing 40 winks in the greenhouse, in the veggie garden with Shoko and the nip patch. MOL

Kali

3. databbiesotrouttowne

kali shoko N cow kitty; ya noe, carin IZ sharin sew we think yur mom mite wanna share sum green paperz with de local nurzree N get ewe sum nip and grazz plantz…bee fore itz two cold ta grow out o doorz……yur gardinz awesum bye de way ~~ ☺☺♥♥

I don’t think we need anymore nip here fishy wishy kitties. We have 5 nip plants and the volunteers from last year. Mom says no to any cat grass as she would take it inside when it gets cold and I drag the container all over the house. Mom is not impressed with my herculean efforts. MOL
      Thanks, I’m so proud of my garden.

Thank you both for participating, I enjoyed all your answers. If you don’t want to share with Cow Kitty, just send him along to me. Your corn looks great Shoko, much taller than ours. What kind is it? We have a butter and sugar variety, I forgot the name though. Phoebe is thrilled to have Ali join the Crotchety Cougars. Have a great weekend! XO

Our corn is the bi-colour corn. Mom doesn’t care for the plain corn anymore. Probably the same type as yours. Our carrots look pathetic….out of a whole row of tape carrots….six came up. Although mom did spill some seeds in with the herbs and those are doing well. She bought another pkg of seed and proceeded to spill them. Perhaps we’ll have a carrot lawn. MOL

If, mom could get Cow Kitty to you, she would. Cow Kitty was chasing Shoko earlier but they were just playing. Shoko’s tail wasn’t bushy or anything.

Kali

We’re doing pretty good thanks David Sr. Mom and dad are eating beet greens, cauliflower and mom is dehydrating herbs for the winter. There is a squash just about ready to have for dinner. So even though the tomatoes are slow other things are coming along.

5. cecilia07

KALI
    Bravo Bravo for your very first Crotchety Cougar post…..my assistant was A W A Y so we are just seeing it. Well done !!
    Proud to be Crotchety
    Madi(son) D. Crotchety Cougar

haha…Too bad we couldn’t just yell…”MINE.” Then there’d be no fighting and everyone would understand where I’m coming from. Not all treats are good though. I’ve tasted some real gassers in the last few days. We just walk away when the treats are crappy. Mom gets the message. MOL

Kali