Fleakin’ Friendly Friday Fill-Ins

Join 15 and Meowing and McGuffy’s Reader for their Fill-Ins.

1. My inner child…..EATS TOO MUCH.  I HAVE TO GET HER BACK IN THE BOX OR I’LL BE A ROLY POLY SHOKO.

2. My favorite month is …..JUNE.  WHY YOU ASK?  WELL, IT’S MY BIRTHDAY FOR ONE AND THE VEGGIE GARDEN HAS BEEN PLANTED SO I CAN SIT BACK AND RELAX UNDER THE CORN.

3. My favourite commercial is ….. THE TEMPTATIONS COMMERCIAL, because …..THAT CAT IS SO STUPID, JUMPING UP AS HIGH AS  HE DOES FOR 1 TEMPTATION.  HE SHOULD KNOW IF HE JUMPS THAT HIGH, HE COULD TAKE HIS SHOW ON THE ROAD AND EARN MILLIONS.

4. Personally, I don’t care for …..THESE FANCY WET CATFOODS  MOM GETS THESE WET FOODS THAT ARE GOOD FOR ME AND THE TASTE IS LIKE YUCK!  GIMME FANCY FEAST ANY DAY AND QUIT MESSING WITH MY FOOD.                                                         This is what I call good food!

33 thoughts on “Fleakin’ Friendly Friday Fill-Ins

1. weggieboy

My second cat, Louie the ginger cat, wouldn’t have anything to do with high quality grain-free, dye-free, by-products-free cat food. I got him from the local shelter as a five year old (per his veterinarian…), and he’d apparently grown up on the cheap stuff because that was the only thing I could get him to eat. I raised Andy and Dougy, my two Persian kitty brothers, on the high quality stuff the veterinarian recommended (and sells…!), and I must say they’d ask for champagne with breakfast, lunch, and dinner if they knew what that is! (I’m sure I’ve heard Dougy ask Andy if he had any Grey Poupon…!)

It is a challenge to get them to eat the expensive stuff. Meanwhile Shoko is not sure she even wants fancy feast right now. She does have a high grade dry food she loves and she prefers it to any wet. I think she would be happy with just the dry. We loved the Grey Poupon reference…MOL..hehe

Shoko and mom

Thank you for these great answers Shoko.. I didn’t see you hiding under the corn at first. My husband had to go scare the crows away from our corn this morning, they like to yank up the plants to get to the seed. I forgot about that commercial with the cat jumping so high. Have a nice weekend! XO

The corn is a good hiding place and cool. You must have aggressive crows. Like the movie, “The Birds.” We have crows but they leave the corn alone. Of course, mom does go out and shake the seeds over the cobs…but they could go after the seeds on the cobs.

3. Eastside Cats

Summertime is wonderful, for fresh corn and watermelon…LURV watermelon! Just like humans, who’d rather eat potato chips instead of kale, cats want what they want! We very slowly transitioned Angel and Chuck off of kibble (due to weight problems and UTI’s) into canned food, which Angel refused to eat! Once I learned to sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top, did she finally start eating it. Then, we backed off the cheese sprinkling until they would eat without. Something about the smell of kibble and cheese being similar, and we all know that cats eat only things that smell okay!

Watermelon!! What a dream to grow watermelon…Mom tried cantaloupe one year in the greenhouse but it was just the size of a golf ball in the fall. hehe Males would be effected by the dry kibble. I am on a special dry kibble that leaves my coat all shiny and *looks both ways*, shhh but it’s diet dry. I eat too much in the winter and really gain weight. I like your idea of parmesan cheese on the wet food. I can see Kali going for it…she loves cheese.

Thanks for the tips. Mom needs as much help as possible.

4. David E. McClendon Sr.

Xerxes loved any cat food with gravy. We could have put gravy on our shoes and he would have eaten them. Have a great week.

MOL….yes, even shoe leather is good with gravy….mol. We were hoping to get Fancy Feast broths cause we gobble them up but too expensive in Canada. So we are stuck with mom trying nutritional foods.

Shoko, we agree with you on that commercial. We don’t have to do tricks for treats, and the day we do is the day we are outta here! Good job on the fill-ins! XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

6. Suzanne Gunter McClendon

Gravy is the best and can improve the taste of most anything. Well, okay, bacon is great even without gravy, the same with shrimp and cheesecake, but everything else…

That looks like a nice, comfy spot there you’ve found in the garden.

Have a blessed evening.