A Well Dug Hole Here and a Little Tinkle There

Planting day.  Mom have you got the necessities?  Let’s see the list…..hand shovel, trowel, bone meal and manure.  Check.  We’re ready.  Oh my, the seeds!  We need peas, Scarlet Runner pole beans, Blue Lagoon pole beans, beets, yellow beans. carrots and potatoes.  Check!

We’ll use these poles for playing *limbo* or *how low can you go* after we’re finished with the garden.

Dad did a great job with the rototiller.  I wish Nellie was here…she knows her stuff.

Beautiful, we need to make rows, mom.

We need to start here…who’s that?  It  looks like Nellie from Nellie On The Edge  Nellie?  Nellie….is that you?                                                                                “Hi Shoko! Mes comed to helps yous with planting the garden from over the bridge! Yous know the best thing about going there? Mes can bes the real mes! Mes can now looks like the Cat From Hell!! Mes always wanted to has horns and a devils tail and when mes gotted there…mes had them! Is they not the coolest!?!?”  Wow…maybe I’ll get a tail and horns when I join you, Nellie. Kali, come see who has come to help plant the veggie garden.

SHOKO…..BLACK
NELLIE…..TURQUOISE
KALI…..ORANGE

It’s not that dizzy broad from next door I hope.  She’s a nip head.  Well, I’ll be a pig’s knuckle, it’s Nellie!  So good to see my bestest friend…you have the real thing now….a tail and horns and they’re red!  MOL

Kali, yous looks  fashionable in your sunflower hat.  Guarding against too much sun Nellie.  Apparently I can get quite ditzy with too much of a good thing. MOL

Hey, Shoks mes want to fertilize the seeds your moms planted.  I can’t pee on command like you Nellie….I’m still earthly.  Give me a few minutes.

Kali, you wanna snuggle while I’s waitin’ for Shoks to lubricate her plumbing.  I always want to snuggle with you Nellie.  Let’s get comfortable in the house.

Nellie!  Your horns and tail disappeared…what happened?                                                                           When I feels especially warm and happy they disappear.  So I can be whats I feel like being…a devil or angel.  Cool Nellie…what a trick.  You’re still a little squirt though. Ya but I’s pack quite a lot of fun into mes little self.  MOL

Nellie we got the sprinkler working.  Mom has planted most veggies.  Time to do our thing.

That was funsies…I’m dry as parchment paper…How bout you?  I could do another 10 gardens….I’m full of it…that sounds not so good. MOL                                                                    Here Shoks try some of mes special elixir.   You’ll feel great in seconds.                                                                       This works like so quick and it’s yummy.  I’m not tired anymore.  Thanks Nellie.

Looks like our work is done, Nellie.                                                                         I’s changing back to mes devilish self and headed to mes new home.  If, you need mes just call and I ‘ll come.

Bye me friends,

43 thoughts on “A Well Dug Hole Here and a Little Tinkle There

Oh Princess Leah it is so hot here all of a sudden too. 29C with the sun pounding down. It’s a wonder we weren’t all a little crazy with the heat. It’s suppose to gradually get warm so we can get used to it.

Have a lovely day my friend.

1. easyweimaraner

now you will get the bestestest harvest ever… with nellie and the magic elixier you will get tomatoes as big as footballs :o) and with the magic rolling ritual… that is impawtant too of course :O)

Tomatoes as big as footballs! Those should be fun for mom to can. MOL Rolling is so impawtant for the securing of the seed. Let’s see what this garden looks like in a week.

Loves,

Shoko and Kali

2. weggieboy

I am envious of that lovely garden plot and the potential it has for the season! OI hope you share its progress along with updates on Shoko and Kali, of course! I’m sure they know that every garden needs at least one good cat, and they make this garden twice as lucky!

Oh lucky you to get a visit from the lovely angel with devilish tendencies, sweet Nellie! With her helping get that garden started you’re liable to have a HEAVENLY crop!!!

4. Buddy Budd

Shoko, Nelliez an mah gal Kali yoo shur knowing how to do a gardening. Mom iz so happy fur da help an I shur happy to see yoo Angel Nellie. Yes ah is Yep Yep
    Yer Buddy
    Buddy Budd

My buddy Bloo!! Don’t Shoko and Nellie make a great gardening team. I don’t want to get my nails dirty today besides I don’t like gardening unless nip is involved. MOL

I’m going to pop over and visit Buddy.

Kissing Kali

You should see our nip this year. I thought it died so mom bought a cat mint but it was early. Turns out our nip gave birth to hundreds of little ones. So we are set for some time to come. Did you know cat mint is the same as cat nip? Well, knock me over with a mouse…I didn’t know.

5. The Swiss Cats

That’s so cool that sweet Nellie came to visit and help you ! Your dad did a great job in the garden ! Purrs

6. Under the Oaks

I got a kick out of this post! You had so much help it was overwhelming in the best kind of ways!
    Love Kali in her sun hat and the picture with Angel Nellie. Shoko looks to be walking with a sense of purpose in the top shot! Enjoyed this post!

Yep. mom had to contend with the lot of us digging up seeds and replanting them in the next row, sitting on the seeds trying to fertilize. You never can fertilize when ya want to. Too many eyes watching you. hehe
      We ran up and down to make sure the paths between the rows were fixed and easy to see.

You hate peas…We’re not keen on them but mom seems to like them so she can have em. She dries peas for pea soup and has fresh peas and we always need more pea seeds for next year.

Shoko and kali

You can fight mom for the peas then, Better yet, visit the pea patch at night and fill your booties. Can you imagine the look on mom’s face the next day. MOL…funny!

8. Nellie

Dearest Kali, Mommy, Daddy and my protégé Shoki,
    Thanks yous for letting mes comes and helps with the gardening! Mes had the bestest time….btw…time works different here, sometimes a minute is a whole day and a whole day is a minute! Mes and the other rainbow cats and dogs is having a fabulishious time!
    Mes gots to run…mes an Easy and Sammy and Goose and Rump and Eric and Flynn and GJ and Ms Stella and Admiral Hestorb and Nerissa and a whole bunch of others is having a nap-a-thon!
    Kisses Your Nellie Bellie

We enjoyed your help Nellie. The garden is doing well. The peas are up already and so are the beets. We must have done something right.

A nap-a-thon! Kali would love that. She is very good at it. Have fun Nellie and thank you for the help.
      Love,

Shoko, Kali and mom Jean

9. Nylabluesmum

Woo Hoo!! Yur werkin inn thee garden Shoko an Kali an Aunty Jean!!!
    Kali wee finkss yur hat iss pawsum, speshelly thee sunflower on it….An Queen Penelope came to vist….xtra-ordinary an wunderfull……
    Inn fact, LadyMum got REELLY leaky eyess aftur wee red yur bloggie….There was a littul sumfing inn mee eyess all so!
    ~~~head rubsss~~~ Dharth Henry~~~

That was so nice of Nellie to come by and help us. We also had fun once again….not sure about mom when we attacked the carrot seed. MOL No leaky eyes. Nellie is adjusting to her new place pretty well and she knows so many friends at the bridge.

Loves,