Kali’s Artsy Fartsy Vet Visit

No…I don’t want to go!  Take Shoko instead.  I was dreaming of my boyfriend Buddy Budd from the blog Timmy’s Commentary.  His fur is so shiny and soft.  He makes me feel like a kitten. *sigh*                                                                                 No!….Mom did anyone tell you how rude you can be?  I feel great…..see my leg even moves well.  Dang….you just keep insisting…

This car sways too much.  I’m being reminded of my ancestors in Thailand while they worked on the boats. It was very hard work but their singing eased the burden.   ♫Mew, mew meeeewwww……meeeoooooowww♫

That was a quick trip….guess my ancestors were right and singing eases trying times.

If I shut my eyes she can’t see me…that’s what Shoko says.  I’ll try it and hide my face for  good measure.                                                                                     It didn’t work, she’s poking me!!  Get your stubby little fingers away from my dainty bod. I weigh how much?  I’ve lost a pound?  Whoopee!  Just like a real model….I’m skinny.  I’d like to thank all the peeps involved in my weight loss….thank you mom for serving small portions and food I wouldn’t touch with a dead mouse.  You are the prime peep responsible.  She’s saying this is bad?  No it isn’t.  A pound is like 10 pounds for a peep?  I promise I won’t lose more…please…please don’t put me on some disgusting diet.  Whoa, that was close and no pukey food to gain weight.  All else is good with me.  See, I told ya mom.

Caturday is also Athena Cat Goddess Wise Kitty’s Artsy Fartsy day.  Just click on Athena’s name and you’ll see your friends acting artsy for the occasion.

Mom used the photo editing site, Be Funky.  From there she applied the art effect….Brokh.

38 thoughts on “Kali’s Artsy Fartsy Vet Visit

1. easyweimaraner

Kali I hope you will get that pound back…. maybe with some all you can eat pawties? Shoks is right, to close your eyes is like wearing a magic hood ;o)
    Have a great caturday!!!

I don’t need the pound. I’m about the average weight for my bone structure. Shoko was right…they didn’t see me when I closed my eyes. I still felt them but they couldn’t see what they were doing. MOL

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

2. weggieboy

I hope they didn’t take your temperature…! Ugh! Andy always grimaces when they take his, and Dougy does, too. Why can’t they use one of those no-contact gizmos like they use on people?? Why? Anyway, Kali, getting to a healthy weight will help you in so many ways, and, if i may compliment you, you look hot! (I loved your little song, too! It’s good to remember one’s origins, and music is an especially pleasant way to do it!)

You are so kind…a little less weight won’t hurt me. If there is a continual loss of weight, I will have to see why but this is good so far. I love that little song….it makes my soul feel at peace.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

3. Mary McNeil

Wait – now you need to GAIN weight ? Don’t you wish they’d make up their minds ! Glad you are all right ! Purrs !

4. mariodacat

So happy you survived sweet girl. i just had a trip to the vet myself, and it’s no fun. I had to travel an hour away tho to get there and another almost hour to get home. I hate car rides, especially on the super highways where cars and trucks are always zooming by. So my peeps take me the back roads, and I don’t mind that as much. But vets are no fun. You are so cute. swoon!

An hour each way…whoa that’s a rough ride. It’s a toss up with me which is worse…the ride or the vet visit.

For you with a two hour ride….the ride is worse than the vet.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

5. foguth

Is this a thyroid issue? Opie, a friend’s cat, has been having loads of issues with weight loss / thyroid problems for at least a year, but seems to be stabilized on some herbal remedy. If you like, I can ask what that is.

She could have a thyroid issue but only time will tell. If, she has lost more weight by next visit, we will get her blood tests again. She gets a checkup twice a year because she is elderly and circumstances can change within the year for an older cat.

Jean…thanks for the offer Jean

Kali has a strange reaction to anything NEW INTRODUCED TO HER DIET. So I tend not to change her diet without weighing the possible consequences to her. Like I said if she keeps losing, I’ll be in touch. I used one of these appetite stimulants and she wouldn’t touch her dinner.

Really? You think my furs are tacky? Well…I never! MOL I have some food allergies but I really work on my furs to keep them shiny and clean. If, I look tacky most of the time, I’ll have to get mom to use the cloth and wash me down like some kind of common alley cat. Then brush my fur like crazy to bring up the shine.

Thank you for the insight Lucy’s mom. I hear you groom animals….shall I buy a ticket down to Tennesse so you can groom my furs?

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

1. Amy

Oh dear, Kali. I feared I would offend you. Please accept my humble apologies. However, I see you did what you needed to do to get a sponge bath. No, I think your Mom is doing just fine with you, no need to spend all that money on a ticket to Tennessee, although I would be happy to see you, beautiful girl.

I was a little taken back because I thought my furs were just right. However, I may be a touch prejudice cause they’re my furs so I devised a way for mom to help. The sponge bath must have helped and the brushing until my coat had a high sheen. I’ll save the money and come down to Tennessee another time. Kali

You are a perfect model, you should eat some butter or cream to gain a little. I prefer to be fat and sane, but you are thin and not crazy. Glad everything else is good.Very nice art. XO

My stars….I sure am glad that visit is over. I didn’t know I had to visit twice a year till mom mentioned it. It’s not fair….Shoko should have to go too. She is going to be 8 this month.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

8. Cathy Keisha

What was that all about, Kali? Getting rushed off to the v-e-t for nothing? Can you believe Aunt Theresa said I “filled out”? After I heard that, I didn’t eat for a week. I hope I’ve unfilled out.

Peeps are very thoughtless Ck. They don’t think that we have feelings too. I could just bite the peeps that are thoughtless. However, with only four teeth, I’d be gumming them to death which may take some time. MOL

Kali

Well I think you look purrrfect like you are but the doctor DOES know best……I hope you don’t have that thyroid problem though – Mom says my brother Sammy lost a lot of weight from that…….and wouldn’t eat appetite stimulants – but he DID like baby food and INDEED butter!

Thank you for the butter tip. When mom brings the butter out, I will tap her leg so I get some too. The thyroid problem is a possibility but I hope to put on a bit of weight in the places no one can see…like where you ask? Gee, I don’t know…peeps can see all of me everywhere.

Loves,

Sorry about the vet visit, Kali. We always hide our faces under mom’s arm, but it never gets us out of anything either. Happy you are in good health and at a healthy weight. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth, Calista Jo and Cooper Murphy

You are too kind Binky. Yes, other than weight loss I seem to be doing well. I’m trying to put a wee bit more weight on so if Shoko leaves her food to go out and play. I eat it. MOL Stolen food tastes so much better.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

13. Buddy Budd

Oh My Sweet I did not know you went to the Vet. You lost a pound. Be well my love. I am having a tough time eating too. Dad says I do well for a day and then slow down again.
    We need to be there for our pawrents my sweet. Love you
    Your Blue