Shopping Around the World and a Recipe/Friday Fill Ins

cat-and-cart

Piglove and Fozziemum are having Shopping Around The World today.  Thank you ladies for another intriguing idea.

Well, cwap I say.  This month’s Shopping Around the World snuck up on us.  We are just getting used to playing with some new toys and wham, Phenny’s mom reminded us it’s Shopping Around the World time.  Son of a paper tiger!  So here we sit….unprepared as mom and dad have eaten most of their turkey dinner and fixin’s.  Shall we tell you that Cow Kitty ran away with all mom and dad’s food or the Elf on the Shelf buried our food under a snow bank.   No, none of this happened.                                                              aackkcrzmSo this recipe does not involve Christmas dinner but an appetizer for any time.  This is homemade Cocktail Sauce for those special occasions when you’re serving shellfish.                                                                            aashokochefYou will need ketchup, lemon juice and horseradish.                                                                      aaseafood-cocktailKetchup..French’s 750 ml….$3.99 (Our ketchup is still Heinz so it’s old…they don’t make Heinz ketchup up here in Canada anymore.)

Real Lemon… Lemon Juice….. 150 ml. $1.50

Woodman’s Horseradish…..250 ml……$3.99

You will use just a bit of each.  Most peeps have these items on hand,

INSTRUCTIONS:

Put 3 tbsp of ketchup  into a small dish,  Add 1 tbsp and 1 tsp of horseradish and 1 tsp of lemon juice.  Stir and taste.  If, you want more zip in your sauce add a small amount of horseradish and taste.  Grab a prawn and dress it up with some cocktail sauce.

aacsdoneEnjoy.

Fryday’s  Funny and Friendly Fill-Ins

Ellen of 15 and Meowing and Annie of McGuffy’s Reader have made up these four fill-ins for us.  Thank you ladies.

1.The highlight of my Christmas was…..NEED YOU ASK?  IT WAS DA BIRD FROM EINSTEIN.                                                              aadabird2 .My New Year’s resolution is …..TO REFRAIN FROM TRYING TO BITE KALI’S BUTT.  MOM’S RIGHT IT’S KINDA RUDE, EVEN IF KALI ISN’T LISTENING TO ME AND SHE DOES WHEN I TRY AND BITE HER BITE BUT THEN SHE FINKS ON ME.

aakscropsmGet away from me, you, you butt biter!

3.This year, 2016,…..HAS BEEN A VERY HARD YEAR FOR BLOGVILLE.  WE HAVE LOST SEVERAL BELOVED FRIENDS.  WE WILL BE HAPPY TO SEE THE END OF 2016.
                                                           candle

4 Next year, 2017,…..I’M PREDICTING A HAPPIER YEAR IN BLOGVILLE AND MANY A STROLL IN OUR STROLLER.

aagirlssaveonWE HELPED MOM CHOOSE THE BEST DELI MEAT.  ROAST CHICKEN FOR US AND BLACK FOREST HAM FOR MOM AND DAD.

SHOKO…..BLACK

KALI…..ORANGE

May you go to heaven for the climate and hell for the company.

sistersinarmswinter

34 thoughts on “Shopping Around the World and a Recipe/Friday Fill Ins

1. mommakatandherbearcat

Bear and I are thankful we found you two in 2016 … you always crack us up! Examples … “Son of a paper tiger!” (Momma likes to say ‘son of a biscuit!’) … and “REFRAIN FROM TRYING TO BITE KALI’S BUTT. MOM’S RIGHT IT’S KINDA RUDE, EVEN IF KALI ISN’T LISTENING TO ME AND SHE DOES WHEN I TRY AND BITE HER.” Hahaha (okay, the last one isn’t funny for Kali … but it’s spoken like a true cat) 🙂

2. Photofinland by Rantasalot

Dear girls, your post made my day, you are today so funny, but I wish Shoko bites Kali’s butt, of course only when she is not listening, in a gentle way, so it is almost a kiss, and Kali is happy and will listen to Shoko.
    Have an excellent day!
    Kosmo

Great resolutions but will they actually HAPPEN? Most of them don’t (so says my Mom anyway) and that’s why she never makes any. HA! I have one – I will try to help get my Mom and Dad to the shelter so they can adopt another kitty. They need to do that. Truly. Thanks for the recipe for the seafood sauce – Mom and Dad love that kind of stuff with their shrimp appetizers! Hugs and Happy New Year Girls!

Love, Angel sammy

The time feels right to bring in a new kitty or two? Your mom and dad will feel when it’s time. I will definitely try not to be a butt biter in the future but I get frustrated and know a bite will get Kali a movin’ again.

4. Deziz World

Well girls, ya’ know da only one of those condiments we have is lemon juice? We have it fur mommys salads. Da ones she’s ficin’ to start growin’. MOL We also got a package today dat mommy says is from ya’ll. We can’t wait to open it. WooHoo, we can just tell it’s a good one. Da mailman tried to cram it in our little mailbox, but said it was an inch too big. Mommy says he’s nuts cuz it;s more like 12 inches too big. MOL We too can’t wait fur next years new adventures. Big hugs

Dezi and Raena

I wonder if its possible to just get salad fixins for the aero-garden. I didn’t see any but maybe when the seed stores start up again I can find one. There are no seeds in Prince George till the spring comes. I tried one year to get catnip seeds with no success in winter.

Jean

1. Deziz World

Yep, there is. Mommy’s looked fur them befur. Da Aerogarden peeps sell a salad mic with a few different types of lettuce in them. Mommy says she’ll grow da herbs dat came with it fur now, so she can kinda get da hang of how it all works and such. And then when she can find some seeds she’ll start growin’ her some lettuce. Mommy’s never done it, but she thinks you can buy seeds year round from ebay, amazon, and those plant magazine sites. Like ya’ll, there’s no seeds locally, but there are lots of online places. We’ll have to check da cost and see what we can do. Mommy’s just thrilled to have it. Big hugs.

Dezi and Raena

You know I never thought of seeds for myself on-line. The shipping and handling is the killer. I refuse to pay a buck for seeds and $8 for shipping and handling because we live in Canada. I’d rather do without the seeds. Worth looking into though.

3. Deziz World

Dat’s true, but you might check with ebay fur sure. And some of da others. Offen they have sellers in Canada, or other places dat offer free shippin’. But we’ve not seen any dollar seeds. So you’re gettin’ a really good purrice. Let us know what ya’ find.

Dezi and Raena

5. Flynn

The recipe sounds tasty. My mum usually uses mayo, ketchup and Worcester sauce, but she loves horseradish so she is going to try your recipe next time. I wonder how long you will be able to keep your resolution. I used to bite Eric’s ears, but only because he used to sit on me and flatten me.

6. pilch92

That looks like a good recipe, now I know why some complain my cocktail sauce is too hot, I use equal parts ketchup and horseradish. I wish you lived near us so I could give you our homegrown horseradish that we grind at Christmas and Easter. Thank you for participating in the fill-ins, great answers. Butt biter 🙂 MOL! I hope 2017 is happier for everyone. XO

Homegrown horseradish sounds delicious. You would be hard pressed to get it out of the ground here. Everything is frozen solid till April now. I am more of a taste than measure cook. If it tastes good then I go with it. That doesn’t apply to everything just sauces and gravies. I try and do the Fill-Ins each week cause I love them…thanks to you and Annie for doing them.

Jean

7. Jaylen

Same as you have listed above, we are a family of four.. 46,42,17 and 15 year oldsHulk was that good we did it several times and like you say Uneirvsal rocks