Sunday Selfies With Kali the Hunter

catonheadbd

Time for The Cat On My Head’s Selfie Sunday.  Imagine I am the lone hunter in our backyard, tracking prey. Notice my perfect posture.  I scan the ground for the elusive winter prey.

aakalicr

Oh my…is that a mouse? Eekkk…I’m going home. Dirty!!

Please drop by The Cat On My Head and see my friends posing for Selfie Sunday.

Have a quiet and warm day you fine friends.

sistersinarmsfall

74 thoughts on “Sunday Selfies With Kali the Hunter

Kali, you are so funny and brave. We HATE walking in the snow. Winter is when the mousies show up around here. Astrid is our mighty mouse huntress. Your holiday header is a masterpiece of hilarity. Thanks for hopping. XOCK, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Angel Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

I know you get snow too but perhaps it doesn’t last as long as ours. We either go out in it or stay inside for 5 months. We both prefer to go and dabble in the snow when it’s not too cold. Shoko is much better than I am at making snow kitties with mom.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

Lizards! They have a slimy name. We have never seen a lizard….there are none up here. No snakes to speak of either. No frogs….none of the water monsters. The water freezes too solid here for too long. I’m getting cold just thinking of it.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

Where’s your camera? That would be quite the picture. I tried to get into your latest post “Rubbish”. I loved the poem but when I tried to comment , WordPress said”That page cannot be found.” Any ideas?

2. erinthecatprincess

Ooh I do like that hunting selfie, very African plains, without the Africa bit, or the plains! Mouse? Did someone say a mouse was about? I’ll be there pronto, we have a shortage going on here at the Palace so I’m offering a two for one offer, that’ll be two mice and one Erin! purrs ERin

1. foguth

I’d stay inside, too! As is, our highs are expected to be in the mid 70s, so as long as it doesn’t rain, like yesterday (when Purr snuck out), I’ll probably go out for a sunbath. =^.^=

Thank you Lola. Mom worked at the header for quite some time. I combed my beard till the hairs started to fall out and Shoko liked sucking on her ears…mom had to put the in the dryer. MOL

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

Cow Kitty is very good at hunting. He tries to catch everything but I’ve only seen him with mice. He’s very fast. Dad does show up when there is something to be removed from the lawn. That is handy. Otherwise mom uses a roll of paper towel to pick the body up.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

1. Deziz World

MOL Your mommy does more than ours would. Mommy would just leave it there fur da vultures. MOL However, this does support our theory of leavin’ up to our male counterpawrts. MOL

Dezi and Raena

3. Amy

The mices were too afraid of the mighty hunter named Lexi to come anywhere near our house. Did you know she caught two birds? I was a bit upset with her, but I know she was doing what her instincts told her.

She was a good hunter!! I used to catch hummingbirds. One summer I caught 8 of them. Mom didn’t like me doing that. I finally quit bird chasing and now I am a bird watcher. Not as hairy being a watcher.

Kitty Kisses,

kali

1. Amy

Wow, you caught 8 – count them, EIGHT! – hummingbirds in one summer. Lexi would have been in awe of you, oh great Dianna, er, Kali.

2. Amy

Yes, I was quite upset with Lexi too. They were both dead by the time I was able to get them away from her. Her first kill was when she was only a few months old. I told her, “Obedience is better than sacrifice.” (long story) That’s from the Old Testament, Kali. She just said that she would like to sacrifice another baby bird anyhow. I gave her credit for being honest. 🙂

I won’t let mom put booties on me. I chew them off. I prefer the Au Naturale feeling. Then standing on the heat register for 10 minutes when I come inside. Makes me appreciate warmth.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

4. samanthamurdochblog

Oh dear sorry, that’s because I prescheduled Rubbish for next Friday and for some reason it published it… have rescheduled it but email followers still get notified! Sorry, it will be on properly for Friday! It’s done that to me before, I have asked WordPress about it but they haven’t got back to me…

hehe…we’ve accidentally published too…it is a little embarrassing but it must happen to everyone at least once. I did enjoy the poem…you are very good. How true it is and has always been. There are folk that don’t care about outside and it makes one wonder about the inside of their house.

Need your e-mail too. Demanding aren’t I?

Jean

1. samanthamurdochblog

Sorry about the delay in replying..one of those evenings where I fell asleep with my phone pressed into my eye socket…
        Yes, it’s happened to me a couple of times when I try to pre-schedule..I just thought WordPress was picking on me, so I am relieved to hear it’s happened to you too.
        I hope you still like the poem on Friday-lol-and I have your email so I will send you mine again like that…:)xx

5. Nylabluesmum

Mee-you Kali yur thee Inntreped Huntress of thee North!!! Mee went out twice yesturday wearin mee jackit an LadyMum ended uppy carryin mee fur mee walk. Got her well trained doessn’t mee???? 😉
    Mew mew mew….come on inside an have sum ‘nip deer Cuss-inn!
    ~~head rubsss~~ Cuss-inn Dharth Henry~~

MOL..you do have Ladymum well trained cuz. If, you’re not used to the snow, you won’t like it. There is such a difference between the soft snow when it’s really cold and the big fat flakes. We can tell the difference now and when it’s the big fat flakes we walk around on the grass next to the house. That grassy part always stays just right. I cup of nip tea sounds delish cuz. I’ve had enough of the great outdoors.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

6. Nylabluesmum

ladyMum iss trained fur thee most part…xcept fur Katurday nite. Shee was carryin mee over to Aunty Reeni’ss butt shee was tipsy an then Aunty came out an spooked mee an LadyMum let go an mee fell HEAD FERST inn a snow pile!!!!! PHOOEY!!!! Now mee was not hert butt it sure was cold an icky!!! That was thee end of that walk, mew mew mew….
    May mee share sum tea with you Cuss-inn Kali???

What a horrible experience. I can relate. I was outside supervising dad while he shovelled. He picked up some snow and threw it in my face! He was very sorry but the damage was done. My feelings were hurt but nothing else. In his defense I am hard to see in the snow. Let’s share a piping hot cup of nip tea with just a touch of silvervine.

Kali

7. Ladybuggz

My last kitty named “Banditt” was all white except 2 coal eyes and a grey tail..she was the best hunter in the long grass, you’d think animals would see her, but no! She loved the snow! I have a neat story about how She adopted us, maybe one day I’ll elaborate! Love your decorations!

Hey Basil…how are you feeling? I have a few cough nips left. You want me to drop them off at your place? I know you don’t have a cough but they are so tasty. If, I don’t remove them Shoko and I will eat them all.

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

8. Jacque'

Hi!
    I just subscribed to your blog and am looking forward to reading through your articles! We develop mobile apps for bloggers that allow your audience to connect with you directly at the touch of an icon. This is different from the WordPress app because the WordPress app is for the blogger, our apps are for your audience. Our apps are easy and fun and we are building them for no charge (until the end of summer) 😉 If you are ever curious or want to step up your blog a bit please contact us anytime.
    Keep up the hard work and stay focused
    -Jacque’ Terrell