Hangin’ In Da Hood

We are chillaxin’ around the backyard today.  Several new cats have moved into the neighbourhood along with new neighbours for mom and dad.  The good news is the Woofies that barked like idiots on a stick whenever Kali and I walked down the Lane, moved away.                                                                ablack catkaKali greeted the black cat that lives in the house behind us.  There is a young black cat that lives, we think, in the same house.  The young’un’ is about 5 or 6 months and altogether too delighted to see us.  We need our personal space and this young’un’ hasn’t heard of boundaries yet.                                                                  ajunoThis lovely creature is our new next door neighbour, Juno.  She sits and watches  Kali and I on the deck.  She tends to be a tad rude staring at us but I guess she’s not used to such happy and pretty dudettes living next door,

ajunodone Juno did pop round and say hi to us while her parents were having a BBQ with mom and dad.

Of course Cow Kitty is still here and I play with him a bit more.  Cow kitty chases me and I can be seen as a seal colored blur headed toward the nip and from Cow Kitty.  I used to run to the sliding glass door with a puffy tail…that’s when he used to scare me, not anymore.                                                                    ackdomeEvery morning Cow Kitty has a play fight with the pea netting.  We know he’s playing and not stuck because he stops playing and has a tinkle, then goes back to fighting with the netting.

closeup of Shoks face

This is my intense look.

Do you really need any other reasons to vote Lexi: The Schnauzer mayor of Blogville?  For those slow movers at decision-making, here are more reasons to vote in someone who has our own priorities .  She knows what we think is important.  Simply click on Lexi: The Schnauzer and you’ll  get a glimpse of our future mayor.                                                    mayorl May Good Luck find you around every corner.     Isn’t Good Luck a Woofie, Shoko? Shhhh….just smile real pretty like, Kali. Please take Good Luck home with you.                                                                                                                 Kali and Shoks

35 thoughts on “Hangin’ In Da Hood

1. Deziz World

OMC We’s never seen so many owned purretty kitties hangin’ outside like it’s normal. Guess we’ll never get used to dat. Glad ya’ll are havin’ fun and da doggies moved away. Have a great day.

Dezi and Raena

It’s normal up here for kitties to be outside and playing or sunning themselves. Mom has never lived in a neighbourhood where so many cats are hangin’ bout together and there is no fighting between any of them. The Lane is very quiet and that’s probably why they are all hanging around the Lane. Peeps don’t walk down the Lane and their are probably 2 cars a day and of course the car can only go slowly as there are so many ruts.

1. Deziz World

Yeah Shoko, we just ain’t used to it and purrobably never will be. Dat’s da way folks in da country here are; and they lose kitties all da time to cars and wildlife. Anyways, you girls don’t get into any squabbles with da neighbors. They all seem to be purretty nice.

Dezi and Raena

2. pilch92

Looks like the neighborhood is improving. I am glad the barking dogs are gone and your kitty neighbors are friendly. Also glad Cow Kitty is still in the hood.:)

Yep, many woofies are gone. Mom took Kali for a stroll up the Lane yesterday and they walked past where a Rottweiler lived and no barking, so he’s gone. Cow Kitty still comes inside occasionally but my nose gets out of joint if he comes in and chases me. So mom only lets him in for awhile and acts like a gentleman not like a hyperactive kitty. MOL

You got a great point. Kittens always take advantage so we’ll have to assess the actions of this black kitten daily. Think his name is Sludge. What a name! They are welcome to share our nip though.

3. noodle4president

Cow Kitty is sooooo cute. The new neighbor cats are very pretty, too. I’m glad you’re getting along better with Cow Kitty. It’s fun to make new friends that like to play. *ear licks* Noodle

Hi Binky, As far as I’m concerned Cow Kitty is a bit of a nut. However I like nutty friends…they intrigue me. I could understand his actions a bit more if he ran up and down the rows but no he has to fight with the netting.

Hey Lexi, you are different as we have a semi-working relationship and you don’t chase me around Blogville to get a whiff of my butt! You are a lady as far as that goes.

4. Buddy Budd

Wowzer Kali dere a whole buncha kitty fun goin on. Glad yoo gettin good with Cow kitty, or iz dat jus Shoko? Cuz it a long wayz fur a lesson time. MOL
    Yer Main Blue
    Buddy

Buddy, my bonkers boy!! I always got along with Cow Kitty. It’s only when my arthritis is very bad do I go after him growling. He’s scared of me now, so I’m happy. MOL

Kali doesn’t tolerate any lip…believe me she doesn’t….Cow Kitty has been at the receiving end of her anger. She spits like nobody’s business and can hustle her butt down tochase him in seconds. For an old gal she can move like you wouldn’t believe. MOL

Oh my goodness! New kitty neighbors! Much preferred over barking woofies – we have barkers on both sides of us. Anyway, nice to see Cow Kitty too and I hope you are able to make friends with all the “newbies” on the block!

Hugs, Sammy

7. kolytyi

Ha! Your neighbourhood could be renamed to Kitties’ Paradise! 🙂 We have lots of cats here, too. I have make friends with an especially nice kitty but I’m worried because I haven’t met her for weeks! I just called “Cicc!” and she came in a second and answered back a gentle ‘miau’ (meow) to me 😦

Oh no!! I hope Cici shows up very soon and nothing has happened to her/him. I go many days without seeing Cow Kitty but he is usually busy with something else or his folks don’t let him out. I have never not seen him for weeks though. I’ll keep my paws crossed and we will say many purrs for Cici.

8. Piglove

Squeals. You do have a hood full right now my sweet friends. But just remember this one thing. It doesn’t matter how many kitties come to live in your hood. Ya’ll are still the stars of my piggy eyes ❤ XOXO – Bacon

9. databbiesotrouttowne

hay ewe gals…waves ta all yur new nayborz ~~~~~~~~ nice ta meet everee one; hope
    ewe all can get a long with R gorgeouz gal palz kali & shoko…..N cow kitty, we iz crackin UP….yur moove iz a good one…round heer we like ta fite rugs ~~~~~ 🙂 ♥♥♥

Hi ya fishy ones. The Hood is gettin’ crowded. Although these dudes and dudettes are a friendly sort and anything other than big bullies can be dealt with easily. We did find out the small black kitten;s name is Sludge. I guess his owners were hoping for a tough dude….MOL

There are way too many kitties ariund the hood but they are friendly and not in my furs every minute so they can chill around my crib anytime. Cow Kitty is not my boyfriend. Einstein with the long floofy tail is my mancat. He is a few years younger than me but I’m immature anyhow, or mom says, so we get along good. We are both Sabertooths in Cat Scouts. MOL

There is usually one that will pick a fight but around here it is very quiet. Either everyone is too much of a scardy cat or we all like each other. I think we all like each other, Wish you were here Nellie…what a time we’d have. Island paradise is a big seller in this house so you could fill your boots. I know where mom keeps them.

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )