Shopping And Chowing Down Around The World

cute-kitten-sitting-shopping-cartHi ya fellow food fanatics and welcome to Fozziemum and Piglove’s Shopping Around the World.  Today we are going to make a dish which both mom and dad love.                                                                     chefshokThe dish is simple.  That’s exactly why mom likes it.  Not many ingredients and takes about 2 minutes to make up.  You can add more vegetables and really have your whole meal in one casserole dish.  Mom usually throws everything together in the casserole dish and then there’s only one dish to clean.  Lazy or what?

Pork Chops in Gravy

Ingredients:

2 bone-in pork chops……………..$3.99 a Ib. at Real Canadian Superstore

1 pkge. Clubhouse Mushroom Gravy………………………$1.39 at Superstore on sale.

If you want you can add mini potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, red pepper or any ingredient your heart desires.  Caution:  if you are piling the extras in with more pork chops, you’ll need more packages of gravy.

The cool part of this dish, beside the taste, is the only calories are in the pork chops.  No fattening gravy to add extra weight to those hips.

Mom puts the pork chops under the broiler for 2 minutes on each side to burn off the extra fat.  She pulls out a 1.5 qt. casserole dish and whisks the gravy and water in the casserole dish.  After patting the chops dry with a paper towel, she puts the chops into the gravy in the casserole dish.

Turn the oven to 250 degrees and cook for 2 and a half hours or when the chops are fall apart tender. Voila….done!                                                     porkchopgravy  You’re right, these chops are supplied by Mr. Google. Mom made a sandwich for supper….its too hot to have the oven on tonight.  The pork chops look the same as the ones supplied by Mr. Google though.

Bony Petites my friends.

Kali and Shoks

35 thoughts on “Shopping And Chowing Down Around The World

YUMMERS! I’m “up” for pork….you know how I am with bacon. I think Mom would be able to handle this recipe (hahaha) so I’ll pass it on to her! Thanks for sharing Chef Shoko!

Hugs, Sammy

2. Nylabluesmum

Boney pee-teetss fur sure Shoko….mmm those pork chopss look deevine. (Pleeze do not tell Unccle Bacon mee said that!)
    LadyMum bakess her chopss inn oven inn mushroom soupy/sauce with veggiess…..
    Eastern Europeean Jewish people DO eatss pork! Mee-you! Whoo new???
    ~~head rubsss~~ Cuss-inn Dharth Henry ~~

MOL Mom doesn’t share food with us either. We don’t ask for any either. I wouldn’t touch pork…my friend Bacon is a pork and I couldn’t eat a relative of his.

3. Timmy Tomcat

Great recipe Shoko. Dad likes pork chops and so do we but he hates to clean up after making the chops and veggies and stuff cooking for one. This is the way to go and the leftovers can go right into our dishes… we hope MOL
    Timmy, Einstein and Family

MOL The dish is really easy and I’ll bet it would be great in a crock pot at “Really Low”, if the settings come that low. Easy cleanup. A trick mom does when she is super lazy is put aluminum foil in the dish so it covers the complete bottom of the dish. Then no washing up.

Shoo

4. jean mueller

Shoko,you really are a hat person and so is Kali.Tha dish looks like a real winner and I think I will try it in the Crockpot.I love those liners-absolutely no cleanup.I’m lazy too,lol.

Definitely NOT a warm weather dish. Some peeps use mushroom soup….that would be great too but fattening. Some need the weight whereas others, like mom, son’t need any extra weight. MOL

A pressure cooker? Your mom is brave….our mom is scared of a pressure cooker! She did some canning in it but only uses it when she absolutely has to. The pressure would have the same effect as hours in the crock pot or oven. If, your mom likes it…..more power to her.

Shoko and Kali

Mom gets all happy if the meals in one container. Heck, she has a dishwasher…the human and automated kind. Geesh, she likes it best when you can’t tell we own any dishes. MOL I should just throw my food all over the placemat. Oh right, Kali does that at every meal. MOL

6. Piglove

Hey my sweet friends. Yep, mom reminds me often that I am “not that kind of pig” and I don’t mind you partaking in pork – not at all. In fact, mom and dad said your dish looks fantastic and they are going to be trying it this week. Thanks my dears! XOXO – Bacon