After reading a few of the Pet Challenges for 2016 hosted by Go Pet Friendly, we thought we’d join our friends and explain a little about where our heads are at and why we’re hanging around Blogville.
1. How long have you been blogging?
We started blogging October 26 of 2013. We sent out my first post and was so nervous and agitated afterward that we didn’t blog again until January 16 of 2014. The first post had 1 visitor…probably us. We were amazed because the next post had 7 visitors. The Canadian Cats involves the day to day trials, tribulations and fun times as seen through the eyes of two female Siamese cats.
2. What is the one thing that you accomplished during 2015, either on your blog or because of it, that made you most proud?
The one thing we are most proud of in 2015 is the peeps and pets we’ve met in blogville. These people are helpful, encouragingl and willing to assist with any difficulty we may have…..no matter how silly and small it may seem to us. Thanks to our friends we are now comfortable in Blogville and delighted to find out, through their posts, what’s happening in their world.
3. Which of your blog posts was your favorite this year and why? (Please include a link.)
Our favourite post has to be Shoko’s Gotcha Day. It was our favourite post because of all the work involved bringing her friends to the party. We also learned a lot about photo editing.
4. What is the one thing you’ve done in the past year that has brought more traffic to your blog?
These questions certainly are making us think. When peeps hear of a get together of animals or a funny interaction between the two cats, traffic picks up.. It is very difficult to say what would bring more traffic as there are several visitors that do not comment. We wish they would comment and join us for a chat.
5. Which of your blog posts got the most traffic this year? why do you think it was so popular?
The posts with the most traffic were the posts with animals from other blogs and the possibility of viewing the animals in silly situations. People like and need a laugh and this blog is designed to make one smile at the antics of these loveable Siamese.
6. What is one blog you read religiously – other than your own – and what makes it such a good read?
There are so many excellent blogs that we try and read daily. These blogs are dealing with animal rescue, tips for cats, food reviews. and some like ours….a view from the cat’s perspective. One site I have followed from the beginning is One Spoiled Cat by Pamela June Kimmel and her better 1/3rd. Sammy.
7. What resources do you rely on to enhance your technical, writing, photography, social media or other skills that improve your blog?
Our number one resource is the cats. They let us know what is happening in their world fairly quickly. The internet ……Mr. Google is a major asset. The final assistance that we call on a fair bit are the photo editing sites.
8. What is the best piece of advice you can give to other bloggers?
The best advice we could give someone about blogging is to relax and enjoy the experience. Do the blog because you love the topic. Some will like your blog and some won’t, as long as you enjoy it…..your love will shine through.
9. What is your vision for your blog in 2016? Do you have specific goals?
We would like to see more visitors to the blog. We are in Northern British Columbia and don’t plan on getting to any Blogpaws conferences anytime soon but do enjoy hearing about the conferences from our friends.. Being Canadian several of the avenues open to blogs in the States are not available to us but we’re here for a good time and to give others a glimpse into our world. If, you get a smile from reading our posts, we have done our job.
10. You have the attention of the Pet Blogging Community – is there one blogging challenge you would like help with or one aspect of your blog that you’d like input on?
We would like input on anything about our blog. Constructive criticism or praise would be welcome.