What Shall We Call This Thing?

Dad was looking around the internet and saw an interactive toy for us.  He wasn’t sure if we’d bother with it….I guess we have a reputation as picky so he just did the basics to see if there would be any interest.

We have no name for this toy but here is a picture of the toy.  Note the toy has brown paper because it is the finished product unlike what you will see in the other pictures.                                                                               DSCN4573This is easy to make.  You will need a small box, 6 plastic cups. tape and the scissors to cut holes for the plastic cups.  Inside you will want to put some treats.

Our box wouldn’t close so dad needed tape to close it up.  He carved out the 6 holes and put the plastic cups with 2 beef temptations in each cup.

The first to test the effectiveness of this toy was Kali.

kalislot1.Kali was not impressed and wandered away.

Elfin John wanted to see what the fuss was about.                                                                                 elfinsearch     There was no nip in the plastic cup and Elfin John soon lost interest.

The last one to try it was me.  I was not particularly impressed at first glance.

shokolook

Then I started to poke about.  Hey, this thing makes noise and it smells like beef.

aaa

Note:  with more feverish activity, the cups turn this way and that…perhaps if dad glued them to the floor…mmmm…just sayin’.

shoks3

Yes, this will do nicely, thank you dad….. I love the smell of beef in my cups.  MOL

Kali and Shoks

34 thoughts on “What Shall We Call This Thing?

He was quite excited when I went for the treat. He even got his camera out but I quit then…I’m paparazzi shy. Mom got a picture but that’s just mom….she’s always flashing things at us. hehe

1. Cupcake

Toys with treats in them are my favorite kind of toys. Mom bought me a bunch of different kinds. She calls them IQ Puzzles. She thinks I get smarter trying to figure out how to get the treats out, since I have to press, pull, spin, scratch, and slide the little compartments. I love treats! Have fun!

Love and licks,
    Cupcake

Hey Cupcake, Those toys called IQ Puzzles sound wonderful…Did your mom find them in a pet store or a child’s store? I don’t think Canadian pets get the same treatment Cupcake. I’d like to try some of those games.

2. Deziz World

OMC Shoko yous peeps never cease to amaze us. we have looked at dat very same toy many times and wunnered ifin we wuld like it. It never occured to mommy to twy and make us one. Altho’ havin’ seen all dat goes into da makin’, it’s purrobly good mommy never fawt ’bout it. Yous know her DIY skills are purretty low. MOL Have fun and enjoy da tweats.

Dezi and Lexi

1. Deziz World

Me keeps tellin’ ya’, but yous all don’t seem to believe me. Me da always truthful kitty. Mommy sez hers talents lie on da Artsy side of dat arts and crafts. MOL She be musically inclined and can paint and draw and such.

Dezi and Lexi

3. The Island Cats

We have a toy like that but it has holes cut out on the side too. You’re supposed to put balls in it and we’re supposed to get them out. The mom decided to try and put treats in it. I lost interest real fast…I don’t like working for treats…but Ernie seemed to like it. ~Wally

Mom figured if no one went in for the treats…then putting something else in the cup wouldn’t work. Remember, I eat everything that’s small enough to chow down on so small balls are out. hehe

4. cathy Keisha

And the winner is Shoko! I think, at least. You’re giving TW ideas and that’s dangerous. We received something in a box with circles to cut out. TW didn’t think I’d look at it but I had a great time trying to fish out the calls TW threw in it. Now she’s thinking of adding cups and treats. Don’t push your luck, TW.

This is kinda fun CK. Mom leaves us some kibble during the night but Kali is like a vacuum cleaner and by the time I get to the kibble…its all gone but with these cups…yep, I’m in my cups…I can grab a bunch of the treats not just kibble.

5. Sxa-nu-xa

That is ONE COOLIO TOY!!! Mes is bugging Mommy to makes one…we got the right kind of box today…
    I’ll let you know if bugging her helped get one made!
    Wes having a contest for a Cats from Hell Calendar on Mommy’s blog, yous should enter..
    Kisses
    Nellie (@ Mommy’s blog)

hehe…mom wanted to put her tea in the cups but I discouraged her with a few hisses here and there. I love my beef temptations in there with a nice crunch….no soggy treats for me.

Hey Raven, I love the um….what should I call it…my cups…when I feel a tad hungry I just dig in a cup and voila…treats! It’s not like my pawents to buy one if dad can make one. I have some pretty funny lookin’ toys but Kali and I like them. MOL