Autumn in Fort Meezer in Da Hood

Well, it seems like this is the year of the apple.  Lawrence, the nice fellow from my favourite hang out….the junky vehicle house, has given mom and dad 10 pounds of apples from his two trees.                                                                                                           Apparently the small ones are very sweet and crunchy.

Dad got busy and made an apple pie and apple tarts from scratch.

Looks beautiful.  Mom says the tarts are delicious.  They have yet to start on the pie.

Not to be out done mom decided to make a chicken pie.  Nobody gave her a stewing fowl but she found one basking in the freezer.  No pictures of the fowl either.  But there is a picture of the pie.

DSCN4457This is the pie without the top crust.  All pastry was NOT homemade but rather taken from a box.                                                                  DSCN4459It’s easy to tell mom tried but failed miserably to make this pie look like it was professionally  made.  Apparently it tastes good.  It looks atrocious but at least the flavour is there.

What were we doing while the bake off was going on?

DSCN4469

Sorry, the picture is fuzzy but Kali was moving and mom doesn’t have an action camera but you get the idea.

It also happened to be the second snow fall of the season.  We missed the first snowfall.  Guess we slept through it but it looks the same  the second time around.                                                                                                                                     DSCN4443

It was cold so we all were entertaining ourselves.  So, go do your thing and then just say, What do you expect when we’re bored!” MOL

32 thoughts on “Autumn in Fort Meezer in Da Hood

1. angelswhisper2011

Year of the…apple…MOL..I am glad that I stopped by today, so I could get myself some apple pie before hopping to your other bloggie 😀 I can imagine how your wash was, Shoko, it is good to have someone who takes care of your fur 😀 Pawkisses for a clean day 🙂 ❤

We never got so many apples. Mom let me taste an apple and eww…the idea of the apple is way better than the apple. Kali was being so nice to me….wonder why…mayve she want my green fishie? Have a great week Granny and Binky.

2. easyweimaraner

Oh that looks delicious… apple pie is something what warms not only our tummies… butt our hearts :o) Please stay warm and comfy with blankies and apple pie… that snow looks promising… bet there is more in the clouds :o)

Gosh all of those pies – chicken AND apple – look totally DELISH. Who cares what the crust looks like – it’s the insides that count!!!! Nice of that guy to give you some apples. As for Kali giving your head a good wash, I guess you musta had a little bit of something tasty on your head Shoko and Kali couldn’t resist having a bit!

Hugs, Sammy

4. Piglove

Snow?! Snow already? Really? OMP! Mom is still wearing flip flops to work – snorts. And the apple pies – want!! I love apple anything. If I close my eyes, I can almost smell them and taste those apples. And dad wants the pot pie – he loves those! XOXO – Bacon

hehe..Bill has always made an awesome apple pie….get the fixin’s for us comin’ down and he’ll make one. He does love making them but makes a helluva mess. Tell dad that we ate the pie, maybe next time. No, I don’t want to make one when I come down to visit, haha

5. Deziz World

OMC Scwatch or not Shoko yous daddy’s pie is amazin’ lookin’. those tarts awe quite purretty too. And ifin it tastes good who cares what it looks like. WooHoo fr yous mommy. We can’t hawrdly believe yous got snow fur a @nd Time!!! OMC it’s still 80 and 90 degwees here. Stay warm and have fun.

Dezi and Lexi

I haven’t seen Cow-Kitty for days and then I saw him today. I could have done without the thrill. I was sitting on the deck, alone. Kali thought it was too cold to come outside. Suddenly, this cat came out of nowhere and hit me on the nose and ran away. Ya, it was Cow-Kitty. I couldn’t help myself and hissed at him but he was long gone by the time the hiss came out. Kids!!

6. lexitheschnauzer

I heard on NPR today that there was snow up north. It is still shorts weather here in Chattanooga. Mom got her fashion boots out cause she was embarrassed to still be wearing sandals in November, but wore the sandals to work again today. I love pie too, any kind of pie. Does your Dad ever make Shoo Fly Pie? Mom’s got an Amish recipe we’ll share if you are interested

NPR is right. It’s cold as …bug..cwap! I went out when the sun came out and the fog disappeared. Sitting minding my own business on the deck and Cow-Kitty sneaked up and jumped at me….hitting me on the nose….then he ran away. I couldn’t help myself, I hissed at him. Don’t think he heard me, he was long gone by the time the hiss came out. Kids, what’s one to do?

Oh my, Shoo Fly Pie sounds interesting. I like the name. We’d love to get the recipe from you Lexi. Our e-mail is jeanneil@telus.net

Hugs.

7. Nylabluesmum

You had snow again? PICKERELL!!! Mee hopess it melted! Wee had sum beginning of thee month but it been purrty warm since then….
    Mee iss happy because mee can still go out inn Condo! 😉
    LadyMum iss droolin over thee apple tartss an pie an thee Chick-hen pie…..shee says it all lookss so taste an mee must say that Chick-hen pie has mee name on it, mew mew mew….
    Happy snackin!!
    Luv Cuss-inn Dharth Henry =^,.^=

The pies were very good, mom said. They are but a memory now. The tarts were gone extra quick. These two are going to be fat as Bacon from Piglove if they don’t watch their intake. Even I’m putting on weight. It must be from watchin’ them. hehe