Show and Tell

Today is “Show and Tell” at Bacon’s blog “Piglove.”  In this post we were suppose to talk about a silly gift or something ridiculous that happened to our pawents or us.

Mom says there has been many funny and ridiculous things that have happened to her over the years but the one scenario that sticks with her and she never forgets happened eons ago.  We must set the scene first.  Mom and dad are both very stubborn and strong willed peeps.  I have to say way out there stubborn!!  When they were going steady, they fought all the time.  They would break up and then make up all the time.  Somehow they managed to get engaged.  I guess they quit fighting long enough that life looked good,  Then dad would get the engagement ring in his face and they broke up.  People thought they were odd!  Heck, I would’ve too.  Geesh!  Anyway dad’s family were very unsure of mom and mom’s family thought dad was just what mom needed.  Different family reactions, I see.    There must have been something there to keep drawing them together.   Finally dad asked mom to marry him and there was a long pause….must have been the way he said this most romantic of sentences,  “C’mon, its time we put everyone out of their misery and got married.”  They got married.  Mom says she hears how other hubbies asked their wives to marry them and wishes she had a romantic memory like theirs.  All I got to say is, it must work.  Mom and dad have been married for almost 45 years.

the Newleyweds

the Newleyweds

24 thoughts on “Show and Tell

1. databbiesotrouttowne

hay ewe gals…..bein bachelorz N bachelorrettez all R lives….we think yur dadz pro pose all iz prettte awesum….. 🙂

sew like did yur mom come back with…. let em bee miserable fora few more months…..ask me again in octoberz !!!

heerz two a bigmouth buffalo { yep itza fish } !! kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

Good come back for mom but she just said, “I guess you’re right.” So neither of them are terribly romantic as far as that goes.

A bigmouth buffalo fish….I wanna look down that guys throat. It should be easy if he’s got a big mouth…. all you from TroutTowne, Kali and I could pry open his mouth and have a peak. Oh dear, you don’t mean he just eats bigmouthed buffalo? I don’t want to watch him eat a buffalo…..gross..

(((Shoko)))

2. DezizWorld

Aaaaaaw Shoko dat’s pawsum. Yous mommy is very bootyful and yous daddy is quite handsum. Weez glad they’ve been togedder fur all these years. Have a gweat day.

Dezi and Lexi

Well, let me tell you Dezi, neither of them looks that good anymore. Everything has slipped on them. The fatness in mom’s face has slipped down to her tummy. Dad, well, there’s just more of him and his hair is white…what there is of hair. Mom must have made been tough on him as his hair gets thinner every year. What can I say….I love them even if they are old crocks…they’re my old crocks.

(((Shoko)))

1. DezizWorld

MOL Oh Shoko, weez sure yous mommy is still bootyful and yous daddy still be handsum. They be good peeps on da inside and so dat makes ’em gawjus peeps on da outside. Weez luv ’em too.

Dezi and Lexi

They should look happy, its their wedding! They somehow managed to work any disagreements out…..granted they still disagree. Living with another peep for that long must be wearing at times. While I am just a dream to live with…I only barf occasionally…if you watch me I won’t eat string or suck a hole in your dressing gown. MOL

Ya, I guess you’re right opposites attract. They do see things differently. It’s kinda funny around here at times. MOL
    I like insulting and generally having my say…look at the house I come from! Don’t ever worry that I might be offended…I won’t…maybe I should be but I won’t. So feel free to have your say….I for one respect it.

(((Shoko)))

They seem to get along pretty good. Now! When mom gets all upset….dad calms her down with a different view at the same problem. Dad doesn’t get upset so mom has to get him more concerned about things. Dad is what they would call laid back. Mom is…well…I don’t know….a ding bat? Not really but she does get emotional. MOL

(((Shoko)))

5. angelswhisper2011

They have a saying in German “Was sich liebt, das neckt sich.” We found a translation in English, but we’re not sure if it has the same volume. “The quarrel of lovers is the renewal of love.” I think it’s a fantastic romantic story, as there are degrees in romance… let’s drink a niptini to it 😀 Many Happy Pawkisses to the couple 🙂 ❤

That saying is romantic…makes these two sound like lovers. I guess they are…they go through the degrees for lovers. Sometimes the lovin’ is quite cool…sometimes…mama mia….the lovin’ is rather warm.
      Here’s a Nipitini to mom and dad. Cheers Binky.

Obviously it all worked out – 45 years is a LONG time! They look happy at their wedding and your Mom’s mini-dress is spectacular!! We believe that everything happens for a reason and sometimes it might be 45 years before you figure out what the reason was! HAHAHAHA

Happy weekend!
    Love, Sammy

Mom’s girlfriend made the mini dress…grandma was not a seamstress and she passed this lack of ability to sew on to mom! This was mom’s second marriage so she wouldn’t think of wearing white. You’re right there is a reason they are together…they were the only ones that could stand each other. MOL

7. catfromhell

That is so sweet! Our Mommy and Daddy will be celebrating 28 years of marriage this summer (but they lived together first) what!!! Mommy says that she was marred to my human brther;s Daddy for 12 years before and Daddy was marred before for 14 years too! So they must be almost the same age as your Mommy and Daddy!!!
    Kisses
    Nellie

I’d say they’re probably about the same age. Your mom and dad lived together? Wasn’t that rather daring back then? Your mom and dad are those that helped relax the strict expectations back then. *cheers to them.*