A Fun Week

What a fun week we had.  Kali has been out sunning herself in her hat and sun glasses so she doesn’t have to worry about a burn.  Her fur is white and she seems to feel the effects of the sun quickly.

I'm set....no sun puddles for me.  I want to get out and savour the sun's rays

I’m set….no sun puddles for me. I want to get out and savour the sun’s rays

Me?  well I’ve been helping mom, as usual.  We got several pots of flowers planted.  The leeks and celery were planted in the greenhouse along with the Summer Savoury herb.  We ran outside every few minutes as it was hot as stink in there.  I noticed a green pepper fruit is about an inch wide on the peppers.  All the squash is planted outside except the spaghetti squash.  So we need to plant the corn, cauliflower, swiss chard, beets and carrots yet.

beet seeds

carrot seed tape

carrot seed tape

This carrot seed tape is easy peasy.  No fuss or mess, just lay the tape down and cover with soil.  Of course, I grab the tape and run….just airing the seeds out.  Then I continually break them for mom.  So when she does lay them down…they are of a smaller size she can handle.

Earlier in the week Speedy The Cheeky Rex Rabbit had me as a guest bunny on Disapproving Bun Day.  I had a ball as a bunny.  Mr. Mick, a handsome guest bunny and I kicked up some dust with Speedy.

Nellie from The Cat From Hell also made me an honorary member of the Cat From Hell and put me on her Hellions Page.

I want to thank Speedy and Nellie for helping me have such a fun time.

Mom and I still have a fair bit of planting to do but it looks like a storm is moving in so the plants and seeds will have to wait…a good watering from the skies is needed for the plants and the forest fires.

28 thoughts on “A Fun Week

1. catfromhell

It is smoky down here in Calgary! Mes hopes the fires are a long ways away from yous.
    Thanks for the shout out and yous does makes a most excellent Hellion!
    Kisses
    Nellie

2. Cat Scout Charles

My goodness you ladies have had a super busy week so far. Mom Jean, you and Shoko are planting a lot of delicious veggies.Let me know when they are ready to eat. Kali is beautiful in her hat and shades. She looks like she should be on a chaise with a cool fruity drink.
    Scout Charles

3. pilch92

Thank you for the gardening lesson. I have never heard of carrot tape, but I know how small those seeds are and how hard it is to get them in a row.

4. lexitheschnauzer

Kali, you are such a nice kitty, be careful of your ears in the sun. Mom told me she used to see white and light colored cats and dogs come into the vets (where she worked years ago) with cancer on them. Keep that hat on, or wear a high SPF sunscreen on those beautiful ears. And will you please save some of those fresh veggies for a little ole schnauzer dog?

Hi Lexi, I never thought of cancer on the ears. Good point! I will make sure my ears are covered my friend. Thank you. I will definitely put aside some veggies for you Lexi. Too bad we couldn’t grow Milk Bone dog biscuits…hehe

Kitty Kisses,

Kali

You’ll like the carrot tape…makes planting so easy! Have you got a greenhouse for the celery? Maybe you just have beautiful weather for 5 months or so. Then it would grow. I’m looking forward to some Waldorf Salad.
      Hugs,

Well you all have had a BIG week for sure!!! Kali be sure and keep that hat on your head girl because skin cancer is a BIGGER deal for light colored kitties than for kitties like your sister Shoko…..My Mom has used the carrot tape and it works great doesn’t it? She used that way before I came along or I would have enjoyed running around with it too…..hahaha

Happy Friday
    Sammy

So the carrot tape has been around for a long time then. I wonder why they don’t make beet taps or swiss chard tape? Probably because the seeds aren’t as small.

Hugs,

7. PigLove

Just remember my friends, when the evil comes out that’s just the dark side. My dark side is called deviled ham. Snorts and rolls with piggy laughter. XOXO – Bacon

8. databbiesotrouttowne

hay ewe gals…we just reeded yur interviews over at mousebreath N we gived it 984 paws UP …we enjoyed reedin mor bout ewe both N we think yur mom iz prob ablee glad ya dinna spill any beanz…. bad garden joke huh…bout her sillinezz !!!

heerz two a wormfish walu kinda week oh end ♥♥♥

Thanks gang, We were pretty good and didn’t get in a big fight or anything like that. Mom was proud. She didn’t say anything but I could tell. Ya, I never told peeps how weird mom could be…that’s what makes life with mom fun….she’s so different.

Hugs,

9. angelswhisper2011

That’s a lovely picture, Kali. You look Royal 🙂 We hopped over to Speedy and saw your disapproving kittybunny, Shoko, no bunny could have done it better than you…MOL 😀 Pawkisses for a Good Night 🙂 ❤

I think we are just nosier than the average cat and wind up in trouble. Kali is a, “goody four paws.” She never does anything wrong…even cuddles with mom. I on the other paw am on and into everything……unless its new….then I stay away from it. It could be out to hurt me…you never know. I have this thing about anything new. I think you are probably a CFH too. Most interesting cats would be….we can’t help ourselves I say.

Kissy kissy,