Something New To Eat…I don’t Know About This!

Wednesday Purrs

Today I’m going to talk about a recent switch mom has made to our wet cat food.  We are or were getting Fancy Feast Beef  wet cat food at our meal once a day.  A friend of ours pointed out that Fancy Feast beef is only flavoured with beef and also has some chicken in it.  We should try Performatrim.  Mom was very unsure because Kali didn’t have stomach aches or diarrhea anymore when she had this Fancy Feast.  It had taken years of us eating Hypoallergenic Soy HP before Kali could take wet food at all and that wet food was Fancy Feast.  Mom didn’t care for the idea of ” beef flavoured” and thought that the actual meat would be better.  She thought this new food may be shredded and hard for Kali to eat but it was like a pate…excellent going so far. Mom added the gravy maker stuff(water) and put it down for us. I’m usually unsure of anything new and suspect folk of trying to do me in…..a tad suspicious, not of mom but other folk.  The smell…Mmmm..so I tasted it. Dude, it was scrumptious! Meanwhile Kali never looked up once from her dish. Kali finished first and I swear I heard her burp as she left. I’m a slow eater and enjoy my food in smaller bites. I was finished mine and still wanted more so I checked out Kali’s bowl.  She had left a wee bit at the bottom which I gobbled up with gusto.  Now, mom got a small bag of dry food made by the same peeps free so she gave Kali and I some for a mid day snack.  We both attacked this kibble like they were treats.  Mom was beside herself with happiness.  We even liked the second half of the tin.  If, we don’t care for it much, we eat the first half of the tin and the next day, stick our noses up, shake our front paws and walk away.

The only question now was, will it give Kali stomach aches and loose bowel movements.  Today Kali went to the Kit Lit and did her thing.  Woohoo success!  Everything was as it should be and Kali stretched out baring her tummy after using the Litter…she hides her tummy when it is hurting her.  Mom has to get more now cause that’s what we want…no more of this Beef flavoured stuff for us.

34 thoughts on “Something New To Eat…I don’t Know About This!

I was so happy to find something that Kali could eat with no weird effects I had to put it into a post. You mean we actually have something that the States don’t have? Shiver me timbers! I really wanted to try “The Honest Kitchen” but there is no pet store here that carries it. I am still waiting for all hell to break loose. I know Kali can sometimes tolerate the food for a wee while and then “Bam”, all sorts of unexpected things happen. Hope Ernie is doing OK with his allergies. Is one of the allergies to food?

Jean

Hmmm….never have heard of Performatrim or seen it in the stores here BUT it’s always good to hear about a new food that’s DELISH and “works” when you might have problems with food normally. YAY – good that Kali and you both like it!

Hugs, Sammy

The Island Cats couldn’t find it either….maybe its a Canadian thing? Mom only got one can…good ole mom. She said that is all that was left unless we started on grain free food. This she wasn’t about to try….too big a step she said.

(((Shoko)))

2. jean mueller

That’s a new one on us.Our Mom feeds us Natural Balance and we like it ok.She recently switched us to the lite variety because I (Bindi) need to lighten up a bit-just a little.The jury is still out on that stuff but our stabby lady says Sasha will just have to eat a little more until I return to my old slim self.

Well join the club Bindi…I too have put on a wee bit of weight. I am no longer skinny as a sheet of paper. I need more exercise. The food, Proformatrim is made in Canada. Although it is sold in some areas close to the border. If I’m not careful, I too will be on “lite” food.

(((Shoko)))

It is so good…I’m waiting for something drastic to happen and I won’t be able to have it. You know mom! She only got one can and now we have to eat Fancy Feast again. Just another 4 cans of Fancy Feast and then the good stuff.

(((Shoko)))

3. Judy & C.A.T.S.

Woo hoo! We are so glad that you found something that Kali will eat that does not upset her stomach. We hope that she is feeling better. We are very suspicious of new foods too. Love, Cali, Andy, Tater and Shelly (C.A.T.S.)

Hi Judy and CATS, I can’t believe it was so good….Mmmm. Good stuff. The crumbles from the same company mom got free are just like treats. No wonder I’m putting weight on. This stuff is so much tastier than Hypoallergenic Soy HP. That’s probably why I was so skinny when I ate it.

(((Shoko)))

4. lexitheschnauzer

I am beyond happy for you both. Food is the most important thing in life. I mean, you would die without it, right? I hope you always get to have your favorite new food after the imitation stuff is gone. (Could you hide the cans so your Mom thinks it is gone?)

Super idea Lexi! I wonder why I never thought of it. A little pushing and shoving and with Kali sliding them under the fridge, we’ll be getting more. Thanks my friend.
      Hugs,

(((Shoko)))

5. angelswhisper2011

Sounds like natural food, Shoko, and that’s the best for all our tummies. We don’t know the brand either and when we searched for the name, we only found Performatrim for boxers…in the first place… .. 😀 Pawkisses 🙂 ❤

Hi Binky, When mom got 2 more tins yesterday she found out this cat food is made in Canada. She came home and looked it up on-line and found it is available in select stores in Canada and some states bordering on Canada. It seems to be the Bosley’s Pet Stores main brand. I didn’t know that! I wonder what the Performatrim for boxers is like? Will it make us want to fight with every other cat around? MOL

(((Shoko)))

7. Timmy Tomcat

We are so glad that worked out for you both. We all eat wet but since there are 7 of us Dad sticks with Friskies. We love the juicy kind and the shredded kind but Rumpy has a touchy tushy and will get the poopies if he eats is so we do not get those. I don’t know why cause Rumpy still has poopy bottom pretty often and Dad has him run in the bathroom to clean up and get a treat so… Oh here comes Rumpy
    Bye
    Timmy

Fish is not popular over here. Beef and chicky take the prizes here. When Kali was getting the wet poops mom was more concerned about the stomach aches that went with them. Kali would cry out in pain and this is what upset mom. We both are firm Franks when it comes to our toilets issues. We’re even good on the new food. This new food is made in Canada too….just like us.

(((Shoko)))