They”re Home!!

She’s home!!  I couldn’t contain myself and believe me I tried.  I told her immediately I was so glad she was home with dad and then all the things that I missed while they were gone.  For a half hour I chattered to mom and Kali talked a bit….I think Kali was kinda ticked that they left in the first place.  Mom gave me big hugs and I kissed her face all over.  Mom said she missed us something fierce.  She gave us our favourite Fancy Feast…..beef.  Kali and I stopped talking and gobbled it up.  Man that was delish….mom put in just the right amount of gravy.

Shoko with Mardi Gras Beads

Shoko with Mardi Gras Beads

What are these things you put around my neck? Necklaces? They were hanging all over trees and wires…everywhere in New Orleans? What a weird city….grows beads instead of leaves on the trees! Different.

In our next blog I will tell you more about mom’s trip and we will do a quick run through. She says there were distinct differences between the US and Canada….at least western Canada. For example, the US has lots of houses and businesses that were made of brick. Here in western Canada you will see some brick but not many. Wood houses, vinyl siding or stucco are the main coverings for the outside of houses. We have plenty of wood here in BC so maybe this is one reason wood is popular as it is cheaper. Just guessing but it makes sense.

Brick house in southern states

Brick house in southern states

It is so nice to be chatting with my friends once again. I missed my buds so much. See y’all real soon now, ya hear?

42 thoughts on “They”re Home!!

1. easyweimaraner

I’m glad your furmily reunited! It’s bad when they run away while we have to stay at home…
    I can’t wait to hear more about their adventures :o)
    btw: that beads could be magic when they come from New Orleans… wait till we have the next full moon and then make a wish… bet it works… oh and please put a spell on all bikerers in my area, they think the roads are theirs and chase poor Weimaraners and their poor damaged mommas with their rotten bicycles…and my dad refused to clean the road with the car, because we have only one …

Oh I just know you girls missed your Mom and Dad like crazy…nice they brought you back some Mardi Gras beads but the BEST gift was having them home right? Funny about homes – they’re different in every part of the US. Our house has no brick but there are some homes in our neighborhood that have brick on them. The other thing is basements – down south of here you don’t find many houses with them but around here just about everybody has one! I love basements myself – that’s where I “lived” my first couple of weeks while I got used to this BIG BIG house! I can’t wait to hear more about your parents’ trip. We missed you !

Hugs, Sammy

I missed you so much Sammy! It sounds like the US is similar to Canada as western Canada is different than central and eastern Canada. We don’t have water towers here in the west and she was blown over by the amount of water towers in every town. Naturally she has lots of pictures of water towers. She just doesn’t understand when you’ve seen one water tower….you pretty much get the idea. Basements are common here too but not so in Richmond…near the Vancouver airport….Richmond is at sea level.
      Big kisses Sammy

(((Shoko)))

Kali and I are delighted mom and dad are home. I just sit and stare at mom…I guess I really missed her. Here I thought I was so cool and didn’t need anybody but I guess I can’t say that anymore.

(((Shoko)))

1. Nikitaland

We all need someone to love!

Our Mommy got a PT cleaning job in January, where she cleans two office suites right across the street from our house every Saturday. She is gone about 4 1/2 hours. When she comes home, both Nikita and Bella go nutso and greet her by jumping all over here because we missed her. We always have Mommy around, so we miss her so when she is away.

You’re right…we all need someone to love. I’ll bet it makes your mom feel so good when you’re both happy to see her. I think my mom perked up some when I ran in to greet her.

3. Nikitaland

Our Mommy loves it! She feels loved and appreciated! Normally we get all excited and dance around when Daddy comes home from work every day, now on Saturdays, we do this for Mommy when she gets home!

3. PigLove

Snorts my sweet friends. Come on Shoko – you can tell me. What did you have to do to get those beads. My mommy told me how they work in New Orleans. You gotta show a little something-something… what did your mom do? Can’t wait to read about your trip. I just know ya’ll had bunches and bunches of fun! XOXO – Bacon

Nobody believes me that mom didn’t do anything…not this time anyway. Mardi Gras was finished and she got them out of a tree. That’s what she says and who am I to say anything else…hehe.

(((Shoko)))

4. DezizWorld

We awe so glad yous pawents made it home. We know y’all missed ’em sumfiin’ fierce, even Kali. And one of da weasons more houses awe made of bwick is cuz peeps like it, it bwings mowe munny and we hav purrawlems wiff termites. Can’t wait to hear all ’bout yous pawents fun.

Dezi and Lexi

Some of the brick houses were beautiful Dezi…some run down. Termites are a problem everywhere except maybe the houses in the south made of cypress. Apparently the cypress is grown in the bayous….water and water is not a problem and termites don’t like it. I’m sure it must be costly then.

Huggles,

You build with brick too? Brick is very attractive….there are different colours…I didn’t know that. I thought it was all red….go figure. Now if the brick falls apart in an earthquake….why would you want it? Wouldn’t vinyl siding be better….no, it would dent….how about lumber? I guess the third piggy wasn’t prepared for an earthquake….hehehe

Huggles,

6. Nylabluesmum

Let’s dance with happyness!!! Here iss a good wellcome home song fur yur Pawentss:

You look pawsum inn them beadss cuss-in Shoko!!!
    Wee can hardlee wait to hear bout thee Pawent’ss trip y’all…mew mew mew…
    ***paw kissess*** Siddhartha Henry an LadyMum

7. catfromhell

Mes so furry happy that your peoples is home! mes always misses my peoples when they leaves. And yous gotted some coolio swag! Mes loves to plays with beads. Mommy puts them over the door knob for mes to plays with!
    Kisses
    nellie

8. Jean mueller

So glad your peeps are finally home.Nice brings or whatever you call them.Blue suits you.Whenever my mom gets ready to leave,I become Velcro Kitty.hey Shoko,we kind of look alike. Love,Bindi.

Hey Bindi…I saw your picture and you are one gorgeous looking Siamese….you look just like me! You could be my sister. I’m so glad all is back to normal now. The food is just right again too. Mom adds extra gravy…Mmmm.

Huggles,