Wednesday Purrs

Wednesday Purrs

Let me set the scene.  Mom and I are having a cuddle time while she is sitting by the computer at night.  Everything is quiet and still.  I swivel my ears and jump back, looking with wide eyes through the sliding glass doors.  Mom starts looking too.  I keep staring with wide eyes…then suddenly jump back…while still staring out the door.  haha.  Mom slowly gets up saying “Everything is fine Shoko, quit staring, you’re scaring me.”  She quickly closes the blinds and still I stare….mom peeks out through the blinds….opening the blinds just a wee bit.  She looks at me and I jump down and get some crumbles.   What a freak out on mom’s part.  Very little effort from me.    This ploy gets top marks from me as it is so entertaining.  When life is giving us nothing but cwappy moments…remember this fake out…..you will laugh out loud my friends.

Do you have a special way to freak out your mom? Tell me about it?

34 thoughts on “Wednesday Purrs

1. databbiesotrouttowne

shoko…stare at de ceeling…itz best if ya grab a slite snax furst tho… coz if ya can sit & stare at dee ceeling for like 10 hole minits…….it getz em everee time….AND… aza added bonus… if ya can growl or mew or make sum cat speech noize……well ~~~~~ !!!! ♥♥♥
    🙂

2. fozziemum

Yep…we like to stare and follow invisible thingies…drives mum nutz..she just keeps starin..nothing..or we do random curtain climbin and growlin…MOL.MOL..poor old cheese can’t stand it….MOL..paw pats Dinnermintz xx

Never got into the curtain climbing Dnnermintz but have tried the growlin’ at nothing. That’s a pretty good alternative…get’s about the same reaction from mom. These scenarios must be universal.

(((Shoko)))

3. Cupcake

That’s a cool strategy, S. Usually, Mom gets freaked out when I stare at her. She says the word, “What? What? WHAT TO YOU WANT??” And “Quit eyeballing me!” It’s fun…

Love and licks,
    Cupcake

4. Nikitaland

I remember the day when our Mom watched me sit in front of the kitchen window and stare down at something. I must have sat there for about an hour, just looking. She started to wonder what I was looking at until she got up to look. I thought it was a porcupine, but it ended up being a small ground hog sitting under the kitchen window!

I am going to try the inside of the tap….odd looking tap…it’s open…like on a farm. It fills with calcium…otherwise it is cool or was. We are going away Monday so I’ll try this on a Kleenex and live it on the tap for quite awhile. I’ll bet there are lots of things that could be spruced up. Can I get your name and e-mail? My name is Jean at jeanneil@telus.net.

2. Nikitaland

Valerie | heemenez@yahoo.com
        I would use a paper towel rather than a kleenex. It’s thicker. Not sure what kind of tap you are referring to, but could you use a small baggie and put the vinegar & Dawn solution in the bag, then soak the tap this way? (like for example, you could do the baggie thing on a shower head that is calcified)

5. easyweimaraner

hahahaha, bravo Shoko…I do that too… I get a bristle on my back and I look as if Mr. Al Clawpone would enter our crib the next moment… or I stare in a corner, point with my paw and switch into hunting mode… that drives her crazy, because she thinks there is a spider or a snake or Mr. Catweazle…

I like looking up at the ceiling or in a corner and just STARING for five minutes……Mom freaks out from that pretty well! I think we kitties SEE stuff humans don’t see but I’m not telling her that….I’d rather her wonder what’s going on in my head!

Hugs, Sammy

7. Timmy Tomcat

Shoko it is easy to see why you and Einstein get along MOL. He is a little trouble maker too. Our favorite is to wait till Dad is in bed reading and thinks we are all settled down. Then all of a sudden a head goes up staring out into the living room. Then we all Zoom out leaving Dad alone in the bed. He used to come out and look but I think we need a new one.
    Purrs
    Timmy and Einstein

hehehe…That’s a great one…we should try that one. I can’t wait to try the one where I stare at the door….run backwards a bit, prick my ears and continue to stare. Mom will run and get her dressing gown and wait for a knock that doesn’t come…The when she gets into bed….I throw myself at the front door…hehehe…..what a hoot!

(((Shoko)))