Happenings At Our House

Lots of different things have happened over the last few days. Firstly, Kali and I have almost finished decorating our condo. It’s too dark though and I get scared in it. Mom says she will put one of those flameless candles in there so I won’t get so scared. Mom has almost finished decorating the living room and kitchen.

Our house is a very fine house

Our house is a very fine house

See how dark the house is from a distance.

See how dark the house is from a distance.

Mom and dad went out yesterday and what did they bring home for us? They bought a bird feeder and a few packs of suet in a cage. This means we finally get Bird TV! I can’t wait to see a bird going for the seed….it’s very quiet out there now but I’m watching. The feeder and suet is hanging from the bean and pea poles that we use during the summer. It sure looks pitiful out there now though. Mom says the feeders will have to come down in the summer or if us girls go after them. Deal! I won’t go after them….I promise, on my Cat Scouts honour.

Bird TV

Bird TV

Mom’s friend gave her a book to read to us for Christmas. It’s called the 12 days of Christmas Cats by Don Daily. Woohoo…maybe we can share it with you.

Shoko and the Twelve Days of Christmas Cats

Shoko and the Twelve Days of Christmas Cats

Mom also sent away for a water colour picture of us girls by Kevin Harwood. It arrived the other day. I think it captures the real us…don’t you?

My sis and I

Us girls

The Advent Calendar gives you day 10, 11 and 12

Day 10, 11 and 12

Day 10, 11 and 12

Day 10 is a stocking filled with toys….do I see a ball? The stocking reminds me of Cupcake. The little dog with lots of zip and a great helper to her mom. You can find Cupcake at Cupcake Speaks.

Day 11 reminds me of Nick of 5PurrCents. Nick is a charming black cat that likes to pose and play. I can just see Nick pushing the Santa back into the box and jumping on him until Santa comes back out again.

Day 12 is a candy cane and could only be Roxy and Tigerlino of the Purrfect Kitties…they are the two biggest suck ups….no, no just kidding! They are sweet and lickable….sorry, ya they are lickable…I meant likable though. Roxy and Tigerlino have their own personalities and are not afraid to say what’s on their minds. Definitely my kind of characters.

39 thoughts on “Happenings At Our House

Well, gee….don’t you have like 18 kitties. There are only 2 of us and although I may pick at the ornaments….now I said MAY, I don’t necessarily go hog wild. One must maintain a wee bit of decorum over the Christmas season…just a wee bit my friend. In other words we’ll see on Dec. 26th. hehehe

(((Shoko)))

Hi there Tom…I got a little discouraged cause I’m the type of kitty that never or hardly ever wins anything. Although if I don’t enter I won’t win at all. I will ponder upon this and probably enter my friend….give me time. Now if it was just me entering…hehehe. We will see what happens when I can play better in the living room without all mom’s Christmas boxes.

(((Shoko)))

The condo looks fabulous girls! You’ve done a nice job decorating……and now you have Bird TV too! That’s a great deal…………..we love the painting Mr. Harwood did of you two – it’s fabulous.

Hugs, Sammy

2. easyweimaraner

I like the decorations, it looks great! And you will not play with that decorations? Oh probably because Santa sees all mischief, huh? I hope you will get the best channels at Bird TV and not only the boring pigeon news :o)… but they have a giveaway efurry day, what I can find on the street :o)

You’ve been finding Pigeon parcels have you Easy. I hear tell that they are very tiny. It is very warm here…well, for us its warm and I haven’t seen one bird on TV. I saw Chucky flying by but that’s it.

(((Shoko)))

3. Nylabluesmum

Hurrah for Bird TV Shoko & Kali…do you know that last week ALL the trees in the front of our building were cut down?? The 2 spruce; the cedar & the other beautiful pine tree. Stumps all jagged left in the ground & it looks like a wasteland. We in the building are upset but no one cares. We are told if we do not like it to move out…it is so sad. Now I throw sees on the lawn for the Sparrows who are looking for new homes 😦
    Still get the pigeons until someone complains….
    This place has gone to ruin…I miss all the birds & the trees.
    Love your sad Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

That is sad Aunty. The birds and squirrels have lost their homes. I still haven’t seen one bird out back. Dad keeps saying it will take them a while to discover the seed. These birds don’t catch on very fast….mom even had dad put more seed on the platform in case they couldn’t see it.

(((Shoko)))

4. Nylabluesmum

You are right Shoko & Kali…the birds & squirrels are now all moving away. Nothing left for them here. Only the Pigeons & Mourning Doves who lost their homes. It is a barren wasteland now. Very depressing.
    Your birds might have gone south…be patient someone will discover the seeds & then they will tell their friends πŸ˜‰
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen xx

5. Nylabluesmum

HHHMMMM Shoko that is VERY odd…no crows or ravens??? Even we have them here. I have not seen Sparrows or Chickadees tho’. They come early in morning to eat seeds on grass so when I get up around 8:30 am I do not see them. At least Siddhartha does….
    Very wierd Winter so fair & now wehather people are saying we are having an El Nino again….
    Guess it is ok not having snow…
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0

6. Nylabluesmum

It is only -2 Celsius here shoko & drizzling again…or is that still??? Wither way it is dismal. At elast it is dark out so we can not see it well.
    Tonite is the first nite of Chanukkah so I am off to lite the Menorah (candles in holder) & say a few prayers….
    **kisses** & (((hugs)))
    Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

Yes, yes, Chanukkah….how exciting! Mom has always found different religions fascinating. The customs and individual songs that have such deep meanings to the faithful. Mom was never baptised and her parents called themselves protestant but really they were not religious. So mom just investigates various religions. We know about the Menorah but what does each candle mean? This is very intereting Aunty Sherri-Ellen.

(((Shoko)))

7. Nylabluesmum

When we fought the enemy at this time & were stranded in the Temple there was a cruse of oil with only enough oil for 1 night; yest as the battle raged on there was enough oil nite after nite. The battle lasted 8 days & nites & we won & were free…
    So that is why there are 8 candles….
    We lite 1 candle the 1st nite; 2 the 2nd nit & so on….
    it is a happy festival with potato latkes (pancakes) & sweets & songs & playing dreidls (little spinning tops)…we even play for pennies….
    Tonite is 2nd nite….As soon as it is totally dark I can lite menorah & do prayers!
    Siddhartha is quite curious I can tll you Shoko πŸ˜‰
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0

Your bladder infection still acting up aunty? Shouldn’t it be controlled by now? Not better totally but controlled. I hope you can go I want to hear what happened and what you had for dinner and the significance of what you ate. I am fascinated and so is mom. Now how does The Festival of Lights differ from lighting the menorah?

(((Shoko)))

(((Shoko)))

8. Nylabluesmum

Do not worry Shoko the Trimethoprim is working well. I am in bone disease flare-up & get Lidocaine shots tomorrow…so we shall see how I feel on Sunday.
    Festival of Lights is another term for Chaunkkah Shoko…
    Sort of a nickname.
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0

You have a bone disease? I don’t like that Aunty….sounds painful. Mom has osteoporosis but it doesn’t seem to bother her until she falls down and breaks something. Does the disease have a name. Cuddle Dharth…maybe his purrs will help ease the pain. I didn’t know that Festival of lights is another name for Chaunukkah. So when Vancouver has its Festival of lights….its really for Chaunukkah? How fascinating…never knew thar. This is so interesting my friend.

Love ya aunty,

(((Shoko)))

9. Nylabluesmum

HI SHOKO I have Skeletal Hyperostosis! Plu Fibro plus OsteoArthritis,,,so there is ALOT of pain at times. That is why I get Lidocaine 4 times a year. I used to be afraid of needles but not anymore…now they mean relief. I use Tyelenol daily & for flare-ups pure Codeine.
    Jewish people call Chanukkah this but non Jewish people do Xmas displays and cuse that term.I am typing with 1 hand as I have Siddhartha in crook of arm…he likes to watch the typing. I think he is learning how to spell, hahaha!!!
    Much love Aunty Sherri-Ellen & snuggling Siddhartha ❀ ❀ ❀

Oh ok. You have a lot on your plate like mom and really the meds, she says is a balancing act. Lidocaine is pretty strong stuff but if it works go for it. So the ships with their Festival of Lights is probably just a nice name and has no jewish influence. Dharth does sound like a sweetheart. Do you read to him? Some cats are not into it but Kali and I really enjoy mom’s voice so we all crash on on the bed.

Loves ya Aunty,

(((Shoko)))

10. Nylabluesmum

Oh yes meds & illnesses are a balancing act Shoko. I have everything down to a fine science. I am one of the lucky ones. Plus great Drs too.
    I think the ships just borrowed the phrase as it is commonly used now.
    I have tried to read to Purrince Dharth but he is too hyper to settle down. He DOES love to climb on to my chest & be held & I sing to him….Maybe as he matures he will like reading πŸ˜‰
    Love you Shoko & Kali too ❀ ❀
    Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0

Ya, he’s probably too young yet. Seems to me I was too busy to sit and listen to some story when I could be out pouncing on a toy….I had to practice my hunting techniques as my bio mom never showed me and Kali is not a hunter anymore. If he likes snuggling and your singing…you both have found your groove.

(((Shoko)))

11. Nylabluesmum

Oh yes too young to sit still for too long except when he is spark out sleeping!
    Siddhartha is a good hunter & he carries his toy mouses in his mouth; so cute!
    I think the snuggling & singing is going to be ‘our thing’ for sure!
    Love you Shoko & Kali too
    Aunty Sherri-Ellen & Siddhartha too x0x0

Thank you so much for ordering something from our friend Kevin. It is purrfect for the two of you. Ho, ho, ho, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo