While Shoko’s Away…Kali will Tell Tails of Her.

Shoko is having a great time at Cat Scouts celebrating birthdays and Gotcha Days for December . If the past is any indication, she will be gone for the day. So, we can talk about my little buddy. hehehe

Which tail to tell…no, I shouldn’t talk about that one….mom might get ticked…. Well, ya, let’s talk about the latest fiasco of Shoko’s. Sorry mom but it was kinda funny. Shoko has been moping around the house because she wants to get out and visit her friends and generally wander around. The snow and cold has kept her inside so she slept. A kitty like Shoks can have just so much sleep and then she’s full of beans and rarin’ to play. Three nights ago while in her playful mood she decided to go visit mom who was having a bath. Usually Shoko just sits on the shelf of the vanity but not this time. She was poking at mom in the tub and jumping up and down on the bathtub. Generally enjoying mom’s cries to watch it, or she would fall in.

Shoko at mom's bathtime

Shoko at mom’s bathtime

She normally stays on the shelf and imagines herself an Egyptian cat, guarding her mistress.

Shoko as an Egyptian Cat gurarding mom

Shoko as an Egyptian Cat guarding mom

Woops!!

Woops!!

Woopsy!! A missed step. See the hind paw it is about to come down on nothingness. Rub-a-dub-dub, Shoko and mom in the tub! Mom certainly did lose that dopey, so relaxed look in a big hurry when Shoko used mom’s leg as a launching pad out of the tub and half way across the bathroom floor.

Mom was fine….rather wide awake in spite of the relaxing Lavender bath beads. Shoko got her legs wet when she pushed off mom but that was it. Shoko wasn’t terribly popular around here for an hour or so but all is forgiven.

Sunday is also The Cat on My Head’s Sunday Selfie Blog. I thought we should show a selfie of Shoko after telling a story about her. Click on The Cat on My Head Sunday Selfie Blog<

Toque Shoko

Our Advent Calendar:

6th and 7th of Dec.

6th and 7th of Dec.

The Sled on the 6th. reminds me of someone who would probably like to go sledding but doesn’t really have that much snow in France. Our good bud Easy from Easyblog.

The 7th. reminds me of my bud Sammy at One Spoiled Cat. He is an awesome Cat Scout…a Sabretooth…the top rank. Furthermore he is a fun and cuddly guy, just like a teddy bear.

65 thoughts on “While Shoko’s Away…Kali will Tell Tails of Her.

Hi guys and Zoe, I’m betting she learned her lesson but time will tell. I’m sure mom will be shooing Shoko away for awhile….if Shoko even wants in the bathroom when water is about.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

Mom did pretty well…my claws slid out when my paws hit the water but I didn’t slip in the water and was out in a jiffy. She got a bit of a scratch….but hey, she’s a big girl and can suck it up. hahaha

(((Shoko)))

Uhoh Shoko – you almost had an unwanted bath with your Mom huh???? Tee Hee……..as for me being cuddly like a teddy bear – I consider that a HIGH compliment my friend so thanks for that!!!! Mom says I’m cuddly too but then again she’s my Mom – she HAS to feel that way right?

Hugs, Sammy

I am not walking around the tub anymore…it’s safer this way. To me you will always be a teddy bear cause you are so nice and help us kitties. Well, ya know your mom is pretty nice too….did she get it from you?

(((Shoko)))

2. easyweimaraner

Oh poor Shoko… and your poor momma…. now she has a cat-too on her legs. I know why I avoid the bathroom…. Call me and I come with my mommas hairdryer :o) btw: as we got 0.15″ of snow once , my dad had to carry me to the car, because the silvermistygrey hero refused to walk through that winter wonderland :o) butt together with you I would like to dash trough the snow in a one-horse open sleigh :o)

3. PigLove

Oh snorts! That is too funny. No I’m not laughing – seals piggy lips. Can’t help it! Rolling all over the floor – great one my friend. We all try to slip in when mom is in the tub too. Why do these humans want to sit in water is beyond all of us. So funny! XOXO – Bacon

I don’t understand them wanting to sit in water either…go figure….Why don’t they lick themselves off, like us kitties? Maybe their bodies are too big for their little tongues. That must be it!!

(((Shoko)))

1. PigLove

That has to be it! You know I’ve even seen Mouse Girl here lick Houdini and give him a bath. It’s really kind of cute and fun to watch. Maybe I can get a video the next time when they are not looking. XOXO – Bacon

Weddings are beautiful….I guess you’d have the whole expense….both of them are Thompsons. OMC….the inbredding that would happen….I hope both are fixed. Then they can just admire each other.

hahaha
        Shoks

3. PigLove

Oh snorts! Too funny. Well MG has been taken by aliens – she has marks just like me and Hemi. And well little Hoo-Hoo. He doesn’t have those marks yet. Daddy says aliens are coming to get him towards the end of the month. I’m not sure what aliens have to do with this subject but it is interesting, right? Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

We all have the aliens marks too…even mom. I guess when we go to see the vet to be “fixed”, they are unsure how to do it and so do their chant for the “surgery aliens” to check with them on the proper procedure. Have you noticed over the years that the incisions on female animals is smaller. That’s where these clever aliens come in.

5. PigLove

ooohh – that is so interesting. I never knew any of that. Daddy says that Hoo-Hoo’s alien marks won’t be hardly noticeable since he is already so small. That’s so weird! Can’t wait to find out when this happens. I wonder if I can get the alien action on tape? Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

Oh my…if you could get it on tape…you’d be rich and have all the food you’d ever want. When you’re rich remember I’m a friend and could use a new batch of nip.

4. dezizworld

OMC Dat’s so funny. Weez luv da water so it wuldn’t matter to us, we actually get in on purrpuss. MOL But we can tell ya’ dat mommy wuld hav a cow. Me means a literwal cow ifin we took a foto of her in da pawdee box room, much less in da tub. MOL Yous all lookin’ pawsum. Sorry weez so late, mommy’s had a lot goin’ on this past weekend and da puter’s been givin’ us fits.

Dezi and Lexi

Dad did want to get Shoko walking around the tub….he just forgot I was there. With a little zooming and cropping, there was no problem. Mom did have a rather dopey look on her face though….I changed that in a big hurry…hahaha

5. Nylabluesmum

Oh Kali that is a funny story about Shoko & your Mom!
    I have a similar story with Mingflower. She used to walk the rim of the bathtub while I soaked in the tub…unfortunately I became a ‘launching board’ on at least 5 occasions & have a few scars to prove it, hahaha!!!
    Nylablue only slipped into the tub once a few years back & she managed tonot scratch me too badly…boy was she ticked off at me!! Like I did something for her to mis-step; the Queen was not amused & I was the one in the ‘doghouse’ for an a few hours….good times….
    Much love sweeties from Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

hahaha…I guess we all must learn the hard way. Nylablue blamed you….sounds like Kali, she too is a diva….or queen. When mom was walking her and Keeko….in the winter, with ice on the path. Mom slipped and fell…hard!! Kali and Keeko ran about 6 feet away from mom. Mom called Kali over and Kali talked away and gave mom supreme cwap for scaring them. Mom limped home….her leg was broken. Osteoporosis fractures….not as painful….but still pretty darned painful.

Loves ya aunty,

6. Nylabluesmum

LOL Kali is a diva for sure! Your poor Mum down & Kali lecturing her!!! Too funny…mind you those breaks were not so funny at all 😦
    I hope your Mom recovered from that nasty fall….
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

Mom is fine now…they discovered several years later that she had fractured both bones in her leg…the big one…I think its the Tibia and the little one. Course she was fine by then. Yes, we all know here when Kali is displeased with our behaviour. She’s got a BIG mouth. hehehe

Loves ya aunty,

Mom said it did at the time. She was taking Kali and Keeko for a walk so mom could have a smoke…she hadn’t quit yet. When she fell down…she lit up as she felt she was probably quite hurt. She doesn’t smoke anymore. Kali is not really bossy..only occasionally. She will not let me get on mom’s walker….EVER. That is the only thing of hers she wants just for her. When I get too playful and she’s had enough…she goes and sits on the walker.

Loves ya aunty,

7. Nylabluesmum

Kali Queen of the Walker 😉
    Nylablue used to like being in her carrier & I would put it on walker & take her for walks around the place….
    I am glad your Mom recovered from the fall & did stop smoking….I stopped a long time ago…too scared! Do not want to die with some sort of Cancer from cigs….plus they all smell so awful now!!! BLAH!!!
    Chocolate is much nicer 😉
    Love to you Shoko & Kali & Mom
    Sherri-Ellen ❤ ❤ ❤

8. Nylabluesmum

I spoke to Nikki @ 2pm & as far as I know he was done…it is 6:30 pm & no sign of him…i am waiting patiently….ok impatiently…..where is my kittyboy???
    *paces the floor*
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

You must be ready to pull your hair out by now. Did you two get along when he visited before the procedure? How old is he? Six months? Oh Aunty….I must tell you mom saw the ideal snowmobile for me at Costco today. I’m hoping dad will get ideas and make me one.

(((Shoko)))

10. Nylabluesmum

Hello Shoko Siddhartha is 5 months old as he was born in July. He & I spent all day yesterday together & got on famoulsy. He fnally arrived home at 6:40 pm tonite & he has eaten 2 suppers & used his litter & is playing like nothing even happened….I am ready for bed & Siddhartha is raring to go, lol….
    Oh I think it would be grand if Dad could build you a snow mobile Shoko!
    You are one techno savvy kitty girl 😉
    Love (tired but happy) Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

I was 5 months when I was fixed. Just the right age. I’m glad he’s rarin to go….shows everything went well. They told mom not to let me jump but I was so wound up I was leaping onto the chesterfield and up the claw post and ate like a horse. I’m so happy for you Aunty. I’m sure everybody wants to see a picture of him.

(((Shoko)))

It does sound like Dharth and I had the same reaction. Seems to me that the next day I crashed and slept amd slept…then ate like a little piggy.

Loves ya’s aunty and cousin Dharth

(((Shoko)))

11. Nylabluesmum

I was so ahppy to find out boys can be neutered @ 5 months if the manbits are ‘there’ so to speak! Sounds like you were just like Siddhartha! He ate 3 meals, one after the other, used the litterbox & then played. I tried to keep him quiet but failed. He crahsed on Thursday afternoon & had a really good rest. Now he is

12. Nylabluesmum

I was so relieved to know boys can be neutered b4 6 months as long as the manbits are ‘there’!
    Siddhartha ate 3 meals…one after the other…then used the litter & then started playing. i tried to keep him quiet but he romped around til after 11 pm. He did sleep with me & was all wound up by 6 am. Thursday afternoon he finally ‘crashed’ & slept alot. Now we are working on establishing a routine.
    His first blog is posted if you want to pop over (& there are pix!)
    Love you Shoko & Kali ❤ ❤
    Aunty Sherri-Ellen

13. Nylabluesmum

Sorry the PC replied twice here; it is acting up again.
    Dharth did have a simlar reaction. I think he is all better from the neuter now. As I have never had a boy I am unsure what to look for. Can you give me any tips Shoko???
    I hope you like the new look of the blog & enjoy Dharth’s first blog with me. He is a bit shy so we have to give him time 😉
    Much love, Aunty Sherri-Ellen & Siddhartha ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

Gee I don’t know what you could expect. Aunty Sherri-Ellen….I am a girl. Mom has always had girls so she hasn’t a clue either. I have been told that boys get over it faster as there is no surgery to speak of just a *snip* *snip*. Where female parts are tucked inside and it is harder for females to bounce back. Although Shoko and Kali both bounced back quickly.

I loved Dharth’s blog. You two make a cute pair. He will fit in nicely.

Loves ya,