The Anniversary of Two Old Crows

It’s mom and dad’s anniversary tomorrow.. They have been married soooo long…its unbelievable. You’d think by now they would think like one person. Not so my friends. They are two completely different people. Mom is picky, as dad says, and dad doesn’t pay attention to detail….so mom says. I could tell you some stories that would make you howl with laughter…cause what these peeps call fighting is really a TV plot for a situation comedy. Yet they are dead serious. Yep, they have been married for 43 years.

the Newleyweds

the Newleyweds

There, they were married on December the 4th 1971. They didn’t have a pot to tinkle in either. The term poor as church mice comes to mind. The first grocery shopping mom ever did, came to the momentous sum of $50.00. She got groceries,muffin tins and of course a pot to tinkle in and those type of things because they were just starting out and had….well, not much. Dad had a small dickey bird when he found out how much the groceries were. Mom still remembers…dad said, “Good heavens,(polite version), do you think you married a rich man?” Poor mom…hehehe…this was her first time shopping for groceries….she was embarrassed.

Trip to San Diego

Trip to San Diego

Forty three years later and some things have changed. They are no longer as quick and active as they were. Their bodies show the time that has passed since that first wedding night. I wonder when dad looks at mom, if he sees the young woman he married. Dad would never say. Whatever they have together, works for them and they are happy.

In tomorrow’s post I will tell you the winning name for my race car from the poll.

37 thoughts on “The Anniversary of Two Old Crows

Oh Shoko what GREAT photos and stories…..we think your Mom and Dad make a gorgeous and very happy looking couple – THEN and NOW. My Mom says “time goes on but some things never change – like real love”………..I see it in their eyes!

Hugs, Sammy and His Old Crow Mom

2. weggieboy

Congratulations to your Mom and Dad! It’s a remarkable thing for people to go through the vicissitudes of marriage that long, and it says a lot of very good things about their love that they have! My parents were married 71 years, went together as a couple five years before that. (Mom says she had to wait till Dad turned 21 first!) I’m sorry Dad didn’t live until their 75th anniversary, but I still marvel that they had 76 years together at that. Incredible! May your Mom and Dad have the same!

Wow…76 years is a long time together. I can see mom and dad doing that if they both live long enough. It’s certainly not all smooth sailing for sure. They seem to talk things out after a pouting match….hehehe….and then all goes back to the same ole stuff.

(((Shoko)))

3. catfromhell

Wowwzers! Your Mommy and Daddy don’t looks much different now than they did back then!
    Least that’s what my Mommy says and she says 1971 was a furry good year!
    Kisses
    Neliie

4. easyweimaraner

You have the bestest pawrents ever, that’s for sure. It’s great that they still remember such milestones. Happy Anniversary Shoko’s and Kali’s Mom&Dad!
    btw: my grandparents were the same church mice as they married.. the only thing they had was my mom :o) and a cantilever sewing box, what my grampy called “our wall unit” :o)

hahaha…yep, they do forget a fair amount but they do remember the big stuff. You should hear them argue about who forgets more! *shakes head* Kali and I act more mature. Seriously, they are good peeps. They deserve a real good day today….1 day anyway. Sounds like your grandparents didn’t have a lot more than mom and dad…although your mom would be a biggy to have. Your mom has done pretty darn good I’d say.
      Throwing kisses…here and there,

(((Shoko)))

(((Shoko)))

5. databbiesotrouttowne

guys…we will pass on sayin happee anna versarry ta… de crows…itza BURD thing ya noe !!!! N say happee anna fursarry two yur mom & dad…..this bee way kewl…now a dayz most peepulz dont make it past 4 !!! ENJOY YUR DAY mom & dad two kali & shoko…heerz two another 43 :)♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Hi Ellen, Shows what happens over time. Even though there is just the two of them and Kali and I….we are a family and family always stays together and works any problems out.

(((Shoko)))

6. Nylabluesmum

Happy happy Anniversary!!! 43 years is absolutely wonderful.
    Love the wedding photo & the recent photo; you both have hardly changed a bit!
    The longest I made it in a marriage was 13 years…I am in awe!
    Much love Sherri-Ellen x0x0

It was worth it but to be honest….at times it was hard and I think Bill would say the same. Most of the time was great though. I think the main thing to stress is communication and honesty.

Jean

8. Kitties Blue

A huge concatulations to your peeps. Ours are just 1 1/2 years behind them on length of marriage. Our humans had a mind meld somewhere along the line, however. They hardly need to share their thoughts as they are usually thinking exactly the same., and they always laugh in unison at the same things. Makes for a quiet household which gives us more of an opportunity to mouth off. MOL. Ho, ho, ho, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

1. Pawcific Purrsea

That sounds heavenly. Actually they are going to Mexico in March on a sort of pre-wedding honeymoon with about 8 other couples, then thinking of chartering a dinner ship in the summer for the ceremony. 🙂

Mexico….I love it! Mom and dad went down to Tiajuana….mom had a heck of a time getting dad to go….he was stubborn as all get out. They were in San Diego and mom promised if things were that bad….they could go back and sit with the bus driver. Well, who had the bestest of times?? Dad of course!

Your pawents will have lots to talk about with you. Hope you have a catsitter when they go away.

(((Shoko)))