White World….Don’t Like It

The weather has turned ugly, to say the least.  Two days ago I was out for a walk with mom,  Yesterday It snowed and snowed….all you could see out the window was white.  Over night the weather cooled down to -30C….-22F.  Yumpin yimminy, it was cold but I was snuggled up with mom and Kali so I didn’t care.

This afternoon I went out on the deck to take a look around….lordy me, its a new back yard..  Gone are the veggie and flower gardens.  Instead all this white stuff, mom calls snow is everywhere.  Yuck!!

I walked out sniffed the snow shovel for effect…in other words..,”Shovel around here so I can walk about, will ya….geez”.

So where was Kali while I was bravely out in the elements of our white world.  Why she felt a little chilled inside.

After warming up from…um…I don’t know what she was warming up from…other than being chilled,she posed for Athena’s Caturday Art Blog Hop.
Kali filtered

52 thoughts on “White World….Don’t Like It

Wow…70F is 21C here…spring weather….shorts and tank top time. Not for me of course but that would be roll in the veggie garden warm. I guess if you are not accustomed to the freezing weather….even a slight drop would be real cold. Have a great Caturday my friends.

(((Shoko)))

I don’t know if it would touch my belly. It was too cold and mom hadn’t shovelled the stairs for me to get down. I am pretty light so usually I walk on top of the snow except the stairs.. Kali weighs more and sinks so she doesn’t like snow period. I think she and you have the same fear….the snow touching the belly….it would be real cold on the belly.
      Have a great Caturday Cupcake.

Kisses my friend.

1. easyweimaraner

oh who threw all that icing sugar in your garden? you can put it in a box and then you can send it to Misaki… she hopes so much for snow… butt currently it looks only like more rain in our area :O)

I wish I could send to Misaki or anywhere. We have ice inside our windows…..double glazed windows. It’s too cold for us. This should clear up in about 4 days….same as when it gets real hot during the summer…..the weather usually changes again in 4 days. Want snow…..I have lots to give away…FREE. hehe

1. easyweimaraner

Shoko, I’m glad that we mostly have a snow free winter. You should see the people here… two snow flakes and they park their cars in the road side ditch… three snow flakes and we have an emergency state…
        more than 3 snow flakes and they buy the whole salt bags of our grocery store and throw it on the streets while riding on the big lawn mower they normally use for the sporting field. It’s a sight for sore eyes … :o)

hahaha…Watching those people would be so funny, Easy. Although it does take mom a few drives in it before she feels comfortable and she says that wet sloppy stuff is really slippery. We stopped using salt around the house cause it kills the grass and hurts my paws. Dad gets fertilizer now. Works just as well as salt.

2. Christy Paws

Oh, my goodness, that is cold! I thought it was cold here at 37 degrees at night after moving here from southern California. Thankfully, we are indoor kitties so the outside temperature doesn’t really matter. Mom says we will eventually get some white stuff. Don’t think I will like it!

Hi Christy, I think it is just a shock to see this weird white stuff. Eventually, when the weather warms up I go snooping around but it is far too cold for a skinny kitty like me.

Have a great weekend my friend.

(((Shoko)))

Thanks my friends. Mom doesn’t like driving in the snow. She gets used to it but she doesn’t like it. We’re lucky with a garage we don’t have to plug the car in when its real cold. Home will be the main place we can be found.

(((Shoko)))

Are you kidding me Sammy….Kali has never even come near a window since it turned cold….let alone go outside. Even I didn’t brave the elements for long but today I think mom is going to get rid of the snow on the deck, then I’ll venture out again. Think Kali likes nice warm feet and face.
      Have a great weekend Sammy

4. dezizworld

OMC Shoko!!!!! Dat’s pawful!!!! Weez so sorry yous got all dat white nasty stuffs. Weez hae it beyond hate. MOL Luv da fotos, but weez can’t believ yous just out there walkin’ wound like yous got good sense. MOL Git yous selff back inside wiff Kali and warm up!!! MOL Kali yous look pawsum today in yous awty foto too.

Dezi and Lexi

haha…yes, I guess others may think I have a screw loose but not really, I never stay out long and mom is always just inside the house watching me….so I know everything will be ok. Today when mom opened the door I turned around and went into the living room. It’s suppose to warm up a bit tomorrow…-14C or almost 9F.

(((Shoko))

pee ess…Kali thanks you for the compliment on her artsy picture.

1. dezizworld

9 degwees Shoko? Dat’s just not wight. Not wight at all. Weez just fink all yous peeps just ned to move further down souff. Weez get cold and even hav a foo days at da fureezin’ or below fureezin’ point, but not this early in da season, and only a foo days. Get it FOO!!! MOL Stay warm and safe.

Dezi and Lexi

Trouble is I am a Canadian with multiple health problems…however I could stay for awhile. That would be fun. I thought Oklahoma would have similar weather to us….guess you’re living in a wonderland that is not white. haha Kali would really like to be in Oklahoma right now.

3. dezizworld

OMC Similaw to yous? Nope it duz get cold but ifin weez lucky da snow stays away till January or March. Sumtimes we get a little in December, but weez hate it. Weez livin’ in a brown wunnewland. MOL

Dezi and Lexi

heheeh…so you wouldn’t like it here in the winter….pluggin your car so it will go in the real cold weather. It was very slippery today going to the rheumatologist. It’s snowing like crazy so it has warmed up…-9C or 15F. There is no sand on the roads so it is really slippery at the intersections. Right, the brown grass, I’d forgotten about that. That’s really yucky but that’s what happens here in the spring? or when the snow goes.

Talk later my friends.

Loves ya

5. dezizworld

OMC Dat is just too cold shoko, too cold indeed. Dat’s weally bad fur da awfur itis. Da colder it gets da more mommy hurts, so weez fur sure wuldn’t like it there. It got weally cold here today and mommy has been fureezin’ and gwipin’ ’bout it all day. MOL

Dezi and Lexi

It is sure cold….only osteoarthritis dislikes the cold…rheumatoid likes the cold as it brings the swelling dow. Mom has had RA so long that the RA has caused osteoarthritis also. This is a relatively new discovery. In other words…I’d be better off going to Arizona for the winter.

7. dezizworld

Yep mommy has boff too, but wuld radder hav da swellin’ than all da pain. Seems da swellin’ usually comes wiff nummness sumtimes. Mommy sez hers wuld like sumplace ’bout 75-80 degwees year wound and no rain. MOL

Dezi and Lexi

Thank goodness someone else with both osteo and RA. Mom has tried to tell dad that when her feet swell there is not so much pain…unless she is exercising too much. She has found with her fingers the more swollen the less pain but you have to remember that the RA is twisting the fingers while it is swollen…even if we can’t feel it much. It would be lovely to have warmth all the time. Not too hot as the RA starts up but just nice.

5. Nylabluesmum

Shoko you are like my Mingflower; she always wanted to ‘see’ the snow but she did not fancy a stroll in it, hehehe!
    Kali has a good idea; move over girl I am going to come snuggle with you, hehehe…
    Our temps have shot up to 10 Celsius & al our snow is melting aGAIN> In a few days it will be cold & snow again….what a rollercoaster..Yumpin Yimminey is right Shoko!
    Maybe I should come & snuggle you once you come back in 😉
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

Wow 10C….a heat wave!! We are suppose to warm up at the end of the week…-1C is what they are predicting. Kali would love to snuggle with you Aunty Sherri-Ellen. Me? I hardly ever snuggle with anyone….just mom and real late at night when no one can see me. Then it is only for a short time.

Loves ys aunty,

1. Nylabluesmum

LOL Shoko it wAS a heat wave & now it is minus 3 C here again…it is trying to snow again. I have my Sinusitis back & a sore throat…ugh!
        Shoko you are alot like Nylablue was & Kali is alot like Mingflower was…
        Whatever works right? 😉
        Love you both Aunty Sherr-Ellen ❤ ❤ ❤

That must have been quite the heat wave for me to think you were talking in Farenheit…haha My heavens…sinusitis is not good…headaches too I’ll bet. Dad sometimes gets a sore throat when his sinuses act up. Hope its not a cold. Take it real easy if you can…watch some tv and eat chicky soup. Mom makes Chicky soup for her friend that talks real hysterical like. Mom says she’s just hyper but she scares Kali. Kali won’t go near her when she’s talking. Anyway if you were here mom would make you Chicky soup too, She makes it the old fashioned way with lots of Chicky bones. Then lets it simmer for hours after the veggies are added. I’m glad I remind you of Nylablue, she was a special girl and I hope I can fill her booties. Mingflower must have been a real cuddly kitty to be like Kali. Have a great rest of the day my friend.
        Loves ya,

6. PigLove

Shivers my friends. Snow is cold. I learned that the hard way. Yuck. Ya’ll need to come stay with me at the Hotel Thompson. It’s nice – around 60 degrees here. My mom actually wore flip-flops to work today it’s so warm 🙂 XOXO – Bacon

1. The Canadian Cats

We’d like to come and stay with you my friend. Unfortunately, its a long trip and an extra long walk…so we’ll have to pass this time. It’s warmed up to -13C or 8.6F so its not that bite ya in the butt cold! Snow is falling. At -20 and over…its too cold to snow….you just see ice crystals in the air. I might even venture up with mom if she sweeps the deck and stairs….later

7. Nylabluesmum

Hello again Shoko & yes you fill those ‘booties’ well.
    Mingflower was like a little baby girl. She bonded to me had to be close to me when I was at home. She slept with me & ate when I ate & used the potty when I used the facilities…we were like *Siamese Twins*. She was my shadow for 18 1/2 yrs.
    Nylablue was more independant altho she shared the bathroom with me regularly. She was not a lap cat like Mingflower; but she loved to cuddle up beside me & let me stroke her til my hand would go numb…..i miss that so much 😉
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen ❤ ❤ ❤

Sounds like Nylablue and I were very similar. I let mom pet me in bed now…when she wakes up and has that anxious feeling. I used to pull away but since mom was in the hospital because of her heart problems…well, I’ve softened. Now she falls asleep petting me and I like it too. Kali and Mingflower sound very alike. Kali is like a dainty flower and rather loving. Mom says that Kali figures she’s queen of the household and that we should treat her that way. Ya, right!! She’s big sis and I’ll keep testing her running capacity. haha

LOves ya Aunty Sherri-Ellen

8. Nylabluesmum

Oh Shoko you have come a long way then. I am glad you let Mom stroke you at nite. You are the best medicine for her heart & soul 😉
    Nylablue got closer to me when I went thru the BAD flare-ups. She would head butt me & make her little ‘eeoww’ sounds….
    Kali sounds so much like Mingflower….Mingflower refused to go to Summerland until my hip was all healed from surgery….she waited 5 months & I told her she could “let Go’…she was such an amazing girl just like Nylablue…
    You are the best medicine!
    Much love to you & Kali from Aunty Sherri-Ellen ❤ ❤

I agree my friend…Shoko is the best medicine for me when I get so very anxious at night. She has patience with me too. Hubby brought Kali to visit me in the hospital…he didn’t ask anyone, just brought her. We were lucky the nurse liked cats and said ok. I loved it and she was so happy to see me. She crawled under the covers and purred her head off.

Jean

9. Nylabluesmum

It is wonderful that Shoko snuggles with you at night. Nylablue would snuggle on her pillow beside me & let me stroke her too…it was so calming.
    I bet that was funny with Kali being smuggled in!
    I remember back in 1985 after my Cancer surgery I was lying in bed & the girl beside me had her friend come in & she had a huge purse….I made a comment about “smuggling a 4 legged in” & sure enogh out came a beautiful cat. the girl pleaded to me to not tell & I told her I woudl not ell if i could snuggle her cat too 😉 Best medicine ever & we had a lovely visit. Made our day so much better 😉
    Love Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

I know what you mean. I feel Kali’s visit helped me immensely. Yet I asked when I came back from ICU and the nurse said no…it wasnot sterile. Goes to show ya’…either you really like pets or don/t.

Jean

I agree, it is not very clean in the hospital and with the cutbacks things are getting worse. I used to go for IV therapy at the hospital. I would schedule the IV for around lunch time. I found when I hadn’t had anesthetic, the food was pretty good. Then the hospital decided to not feed the IV patients and save money. That was the pits. Luckily I don’t have to go anymore.

Your friend,

Jean

10. Nylabluesmum

Well that just sucks..not feeing the patients?? What kind of outifit are these Hospitals running?? Our care system is in the toilet. I barely go to Drs anymore because I do not trust the Hospital here nor many of their Drs. I would rather suffer in silence!
    I am so glad you no longer have to go to Hospital regularly too 😉
    Sherri-Ellen x0x0