Spot…Oh Spot…Where Are You

Mom couldn’t sleep and here it is 3am.  What to do when one can’t sleep and her faithful furry friend can’t sleep cause she is tossing around and bouncing the bed..   Why this is the time for, “Spot.”  That round red devil can just make my little paws itch to catch it.  So we get up and haul “Spot” out of bed….I mean his drawer in the kitchen.  Have you ever noticed the closer you get to catching “Spot” the faster he moves?

So where's "Spot?"

So where’s “Spot?”

We played and played….mom making “Spot” run and jump.  Me chasing behind.  Now that we’re both wide awake its time to go back to bed.

Mom saw this lovely poem on a site…not sure which one but it moved her and she thought the words were applicable to all people owned by cats. Perhaps this poem will be of a comfort to Nylablue’s mom at this time.

Cats into our lives

Cats into our lives

33 thoughts on “Spot…Oh Spot…Where Are You

1. easyweimaraner

That’s a brilliant idea! We will play spot now too when I can’t sleep, bet my staff will jump with joy! I like the poem and I’m sure Nylablues mom has really THE heart for all members of the feline world.

Hi Shoko! Getting out the SPOT is a good thing to do when sleep just won’t come. We don’t have a SPOT here but that’s because I don’t move around that much anymore!!! Anyway, that sentiment your Mom found about cats who own humans is WONDERFUL……I’m sure Miss Sherri-Ellen will love it too…….

Happy Tuesday!
    Hugs, Sammy
    pee ess……I made your North Pole ticket yesterday!!! Will post it after Thanksgiving on the Cat Scouts Travel area……woo hoo!

3. PigLove

Spot is evil my friend. I’ve seen him at my house. He likes to irritate the purr things and I have even fallen for it a couple of times. Don’t tell anyone okay. Mouse Girl once trapped Spot with her huge paw before it reappeared on Hemi’s butt. For some reason Hemi didn’t appreciate me knocking it off his butt. I tell you – Spot is evil. Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

Really, Bacon? You think he’s an evil round dude? Wow…I better be careful. Imagine Mouse Girl catching Spot…she is very brave. I can understand Hemi’s not appreciating that you hit his butt. I hope you explained that Spot could have burned a hole in him?

(((Shoko)))

4. Nylabluesmum

Chase that SPOT Shoko!!!
    The poem is absolutely beautiful & so so true…..
    Simpson the golden Abbyssinian/Persian started my love affair with cats when I was 12 yrs old…..I have always done rescue & feral feeding & have had quite a few cats & with each cat I learned more & more. B4 Nylablue was Mingflower the Bluepoint Siamese & b4 her was Pyewacket the golden brown Tabby girl & b4 her was Silky-Auburn the Chinchilla Persian….
    So when I am healed from this loss I hope to open my heart even wider to a new fur girl 😉
    Thank your Mom for me Shoko…this poem really has helped tonite!
    Love to you & Kali & Mom ❤
    Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

5. dezizworld

Hmmmm weez of course don’t play wiff da red dot, but when we can’t sleep we jst usually lay wound and watch da boob tube. MOL Hope yous mommy got sum sleep later. Maybe a good cat nap is in order. 🙂

Dezi and Lexi

Ya, mom is a little strange that way….she figures if she gets up and plays….she’ll get more tired and sleep. haha We usually end up going back to bed, after playing for half an hour and continue to play. However, it does relive the anxiety brought about by mom’s heart problem. Seems the heart still slows down and then starts pumping like mad but it happens only occasionally. We tried watching the boob tube but mom will get interested in a program and won’t want to turn it off. Go figure!

(((Shoko)))