I’m So Glad I Went To The Vets!

Bright and early this morning, mom, dad and myself jumped in the Toyota and headed to the vet. Well, dad jumped and I was in the carrier leaping too. I didn’t say anything as I don’t talk much when I’m scared and I was petrified. At the vets we usually have to wait but this time there was no waiting….bad sign, I thought.

The technician came in and weighed me….I had gained half a kilo or a little less than a pound. Mom was happy as I had lost 3 pounds when they weighed me the last time I was here. We had to wait a bit for Dr. Kalin. I was so curious about the smells and my surroundings.

You can't see me!

You can’t see me!

Dr. Kalin came in and made a fuss over me and I was pretty much putty in her hands. She gave me the once over and said my claw had grown way too much and it was about to turn into my paw. Only one claw. A regular Howard Hughes I am…so mom says. My ears were quite dirty in spite of being cleaned out last week. This apparently is a sign of allergies. Dr. Kalin took care of my claw and my ears. The last thing she did was to take my temperature up the butt of course. Now, this I thought was a little rude but if this is her only fault….I’m laughing. Now on with the good stuff. She was amazed at my acceptance of the Fancy Feast and Siamese dry cat food. She even went so far as to say that mom could slowly phase out the hypoallergenic food. Whhhoooopeee! I always loved this vet. Wait til I tell Shoko.

My exam...go away!

My exam…go away!

49 thoughts on “I’m So Glad I Went To The Vets!

Hi Purrsea. I don’t understand how Dr. Kalin saw me when I was hiding but she did. We were delighted on the food front….tasty food again…whoohoo! Thanks for the compliment on the header….it only took mom all day to do it. hehe

Kitty kisses,
      Kali

1. dezizworld

Oh Kali dat’s just pawsum news. Weez so happy yous all good and yous can get wid of da nasty ole rx diet. Glad yous like da VET and she tweated yous well.

Dezi and Lexi

We are all delighted Dezi. We ate the hypoallergenic stuff and it was ok but FANCY Feast is way better. Now mom has this Siamese dry stuff…well what can I say, it is delicious. The vet liked some of the ingredients in it because it is more geared to us Siamese.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

Oh for sure. However, the vet did say that now that I can eat the good stuff, well she didn’t use those words, to watch my weight. So mom keeps pretty good track of how much I eat. I have arthritis too and the extra weight will make it hard for me to get around.

Kitty kisses,
        Kali

2. dezizworld

Yeah weez not fink any vet finks ow fancy food be da good stuffs. MOL But weez sure do like it, don;t we. And yes da extwa weight can cause all kinds of purrawlems itslef., but weez sure yous mommy will take care of yous.

Dezi and Lexi

I’m delighted Sammy. I’m so glad I went. I guess I needed the hypoallergenic for a few years and now…lookout regular food here I come! I am exhausted from the trip to the vets….I’ve hardly moved since I came home. I’m even too tired to thrill mom with my poo…hehe

Kitty kisses’
      Kali

2. easyweimaraner

Don’t trust them when they say they will take just your temperature… that’s a lie. They put a thingy in “you-know-which-part” to read your minds. But I’m so happy with you that you got such goooooood news! YAY!

3. PigLove

Awesome!! Aren’t you glad you went now? Of course when my vet takes my temp, I’m like wait doc – do I get a drink first? Sweet talk in my ear before you do that? Snorts. XOXO – Bacon

4. Nylabluesmum

Precious Kali I am glad to read you are all right & enjoying your food. Nylablue never enjoyed the temp taking either…if we can put thermometers under our armpits why can’t we do that for you felines??? πŸ˜‰
    Love Sherri-Ellen x0x0

I don’t blame Nylablue….it is very rude to shove anything up someone’s butt….mom told me so it must be true. The best way I had my temperature taken was by the vet putting the temperature gauge in my ear. Now, that was easy peasy.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

6. Nylabluesmum

I gently suggested to Dr Dave about the ear thermometer…..he has not taken that idea ‘on-board’…
    If we can put people on the moon we should be able to make a kitty friendsly thermometer!!!
    Sherri-Ellen x0

I agree with you Aunty. It couldn’t be that expensive to get an ear thermometer. I mean they make pretty good money…they could afford it. Maybe which way its done is whatever way the vet wants to do it.

Loves ya,

7. Nylabluesmum

Hmm i think you have a point there Shoko…I find Vet’s who have practiced for a long time are more traditional where new Vet’s just out of school are more up to date.
    Nylablue would give Dr Dave the **stink eye** when he would attempt to take her temp the ‘old fashioned’ way. I always used to laugh at him….he got a few ‘CAT-toos’ for his trouble!
    Much love Shoko & Kali from Aunty Sherri-Ellen x0x0x0

Well, that makes a lot of sense, Aunty Sherri-Ellen. I guess ear thermometers will come in eventually. I will always want a vet that cares about me…I have seen one or two that have been rough and rude to mom….that was at our last vets. Mom got mad and quit them after 20 years. She said they were bringing in too many vets right out of school that did not have the compassion or experience to deal properly with animals.

(((Shoko)))

8. Nylabluesmum

I have been with the same Vet: Dr Dave for 19 years now. He says he will retire one day & I told him he can’t teil I leave this world, lol….
    There is a ‘new’ vet in the practice & she is quite insensitive & did some damage to a few cats during surgery….I would not want to have her take care of any 4 legged I can tell you!
    Shoko you are being extra sweet to Mum tonite I hear….that is so lovely!
    I adore you little girl ❀
    Aunty Sherri-Ellen

Dr. Dave sounds like a great vet. The new vet ….is strange. It makes you wonder why she became a vet. I wonder if the money is that good. Yes, I feel rather lovey tonight…you are an awesome aunty….aunty Sherri-Ellen.

(((Shoko)))

9. Nylabluesmum

Dr Dave is like the James Herriot of Vet’s here! He is so gentle & compassionate.
    His first partner in the practice is a good woman & a freat Holistic & regular Vet but she likes the $$$$$$. She would never give me credit which used to annoy me. Dr Dave brought a 3rd Vet in to do surgeries as he does not feel as confident about doing htem. Very wise of him. The new Vet is ok on the surface but there are some disturbing traits that niggle at me & many others. she had given Nylablue 2 injections this past year & she was competent to do that. However she almost lost my petsitter/friend’s cat on the operating table during a routine dental surgery…..so I am not feeling warm & fuzzy towards the new Vet at all.
    I will continue to use Dr Dave til he retires or I do, lol.
    Glad you had a lovey night ShokoI am sure your Mom enjoyed it too πŸ˜‰
    Much love to you & Kali from Aunty Sherri-Ellen ❀ ❀
    ((Hugs)) to your Mom too πŸ™‚

Hi Aunty Sherri-Ellen,
      Looks like Dr. Dave is the only one you can really trust in the vet hospital there. It’s not that easy to find a good and competent vet. Mom was saying that at the vet before this one, she had got Keeko spayed (part Birman and Siamese). After being fixed, she started to spray. Not in the house but around the property to mark her territory. I asked the vet about it a couple of years later and asked why she did this. He said (no kidding ) that’s caused from improper spaying. Mom piped up and said, “Well, this vet hospital did it.” He didn’t know what to say. I should have left that vet then….but I waited as no life was threatened. Good idea to stay with Dr. Dave till he retires and then move on.
      Try and have a nice day for Nylablue, she wouldn’t want you so torn up inside. What would she want you to do? Think like Nylablue and let me know.

Loves ya Aunty,
      Shoko and Kali

10. Nylabluesmum

I agree Shoko! WE did get a new Vet named Helen but she is working ithe Dr Deb so I have not met her. She did sign Nylablue’s condollence letter.
    I had the same trouble with Sage-Smudge my foster kitty between Mingflower & Nylablue. She sprayed b4 she was fixed & I had never seen a girl spray b4. After she was spayed all was well for abour 4 days & then she started again. I had to take S-S. back to the Shelter & they refunded my adoption fees. (It was almost a month laster & they did not have to give me a dime!).
    Sage-Smudge found an indoor/outdoor home & Nylablue found me πŸ˜‰
    Poor Keeko…I bet she did not like being a sprayer too!
    As for what to do: Go to the adoption event for a 2nd day & help those homeless kitties find forever homes! πŸ˜‰ Nylablue still is in charge it appears~
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen ❀ ❀ ❀

Isn’t that odd…that you would have the same spraying problem with Sage-smudge…love the name! I wonder if the balance of testosterone and estrogen is off…maybe they have more testosterone than estrogen. It does make one wonder because Keeko was so aggressive too.
      Have a nice Sunday Aunty Sherri-Ellen.

Loves yas aunty,

(((Shoko)))

11. Nylabluesmum

HUh Shoko what a great idea!! Now why didn’t I think of that???? I bet that is what the problem is . At least Keeko only sprayed outside. Sage-Smudge ruined pillows, blankes, tablecloth & stained the walls. I put her into carrier & took her & all her things & wnet back to Shelter in tears. It was awful for both of us. I was in over my head. I got my adoption fee back & went home crying even more. I was totally traumatized.
    Nylablue gave me my belief in myself as a cat Mom back & so much love….
    I could just ***kiss*** your sweet furry face Shoko MMMWWWAAAHHH!
    There I did it!
    Love Aunty Sherri-Ellen ❀ ❀

What a horrible experience with Sage-Smudge. That kind of thing happening would shake anybody’s confidence. Nylablue showed you the kind of mom you could really be. Eeeek….you’re coming after me to kiss me…hehehe

Loves ya, Aunty Sherri-Ellen and Kali does too.

12. Nylabluesmum

Oh Shoko it was a very sad experieince. I was told Sage-Smudge found a home but I wonder if she was PTS…I will never know. Poor muddled S-S.
    Nylablue helped me rebuild my confidance ALOT!!!!!
    As for the **kiss** ‘brace yourself Shoko!”…hehehe…i used to say that to Nylablue too πŸ˜‰
    Love to you & Kali, Sherri-Ellen ❀ ❀ ❀